test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPC health is boring, nerf hp buff dps

panz3rupanz3ru Member Posts: 29 Arc User
NPC health is boring . I propose to nerf their health then with 50% on advanced and increase their dps with 50%.
This way everybody can heave fun. Engineers can heal, tacs can dps , sci can use their toys.
Post edited by panz3ru on

Comments

• dinkydr2dinkydr2 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    +1 (this message was too short!)
    "We seee many thingss, We seee new machiness on IX,
    We seee a problemm withh House Atreideesss, We Seee a Problem withh Housse Harkonnenn"

Thank you, Frank Herbert!
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why not just remove all NPCs from the game and just give you the rewards the second you click the queue button? Hell why not just have a shopping mall and just run around and pick all the stuff you want for absolutely no effort at all and call it sandbox?
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Or we could have a revolution and give the NPC's some AI that isn't utterly TRIBBLE and uses random abilities, instead giving them tactics so they don't have to rely on being a hull sponge...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The thing that should have happened a long time ago is to give NPC ships more weapons. Did you ever look at the wiki and see just how many they got? Compared to their playable counterparts, NPC ships have 1-3 less weapon slots.

Just how many would a Borg Cube have? 8? 10? No the answers is: 3

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Cube

Looking at pretty much every other Star Trek game, cubes are usually bristling with weaponry. I feel their HP is a lot closer to canon now, but the Borg in particular are seriously under gunned.
    Its no wonder that the only thing the Borg ever kill you with is torpedoes, because they barely got anything else.

Cubes should have multiple beam arrays and Fire at Will ability.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Or we could have a revolution and give the NPC's some AI that isn't utterly TRIBBLE and uses random abilities, instead giving them tactics so they don't have to rely on being a hull sponge...

Yah, but try doing that. I can count the number of games I've played that had a good AI on one hand and only ONE of those wasn't an RTS. Whining about how bad the AI is the absolute safest thing you can complain about in a video game because in all likelihood absolutely no one will disagree with that comment (video game AI is characteristically stupid).

But I will here. STO's AI is fine. Its not good, but it adequately serves the needs of this game's combat model. Players can use it better but there's no point in that comparison (lines of code in a free-form game will ALWAYS be beaten by complex vertebrates so long as that AI isn't allowed to cheat in one way or another.)

The focus shouldn't be on taking the wrecking ball to competently functioning game systems (because they don't live up to the product of 4.3 billion years of evolution) but to look at what new mechanics might be added to make the most of the existing game (which Cryptic has been doing. See the voth, revamped undine, heirarchy, and Vaadwaur.) You know, something reasonable to expect for a 4 year old F2P MMO.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ^ Agreed.

Frankly, longer fights means I have to fly and manage my abilities better.
  • halfking88halfking88 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ^ Agreed.

Frankly, longer fights means I have to fly and manage my abilities better.

Or you just get bored and stop playing.

There's a difference between challenging fights and long fights. Challenging fights I'm all for, but every lvl 50+ fight I've had in space has been about two to three times longer than could reasonably be considered fun. Chipping away at a frigate for 5 minutes and cruisers for twice that isn't my definition of a good time.
  • narasil2narasil2 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Why not just remove all NPCs from the game and just give you the rewards the second you click the queue button? Hell why not just have a shopping mall and just run around and pick all the stuff you want for absolutely no effort at all and call it sandbox?

So if someone said to you "How about we adjust the penalty for not stopping at a stop sign from a bullet to the head back down to something like a fine and points on your license?" would you say something like...

OMG!!!!!!NO WAY WE MIGHT AS WELL TAKE OUT STOP SIGNS AND MAKE SPEED LIMITS 75 MPH THROUGH SCHOOL ZONES!!!111!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg!!!

Because that's about what you're doing here.

You're missing a bout a million shades of gray from your philosophical palate my friend.