test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experience since delta rising

ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
Edit: After posting this, I found this Another thread asking if you would recommend to a friend.

So I'm curious about the general feelings about Star Trek Online. So I thought I'd ask 2 questions that might be able to supply quantifiable information to cryptic.

Now seeing as we can't make polls, we'll have to be a little inventive, so to reply, quote this thread and amend it, adding a comment after the quote to keep the post over 10 characters.

A) Given your experience with Star Trek Online since delta rising, please provide a rating between 1 to 10, 10 being good, 1 being bad.

Answer

B) Since release of delta rising, would you recommend Star Trek Online to a friend?

Answer

Please provide any additional comments outside of the quote.
SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
Post edited by ukcaptain420 on

Comments

• guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A) Given your experience with Star Trek Online since delta rising, please provide a rating between 1 to 10, 10 being good, 1 being bad.

B) Since release of delta rising, would you recommend Star Trek Online to a friend?

No

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • agresiel2agresiel2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2014

no
    MY SPEED RECORDS KASE: 13:38 CSE: 13:52 ISE: 13:51 HSE: 2:58 NWS: 6:35

Solo STF's With Optional ISE: 3:34
    i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So I'm curious about the general feelings about Star Trek Online. So I thought I'd ask 2 questions that might be able to supply quantifiable information to cryptic.

Now seeing as we can't make polls, we'll have to be a little inventive, so to reply, quote this thread and amend it, adding a comment after the quote to keep the post over 10 characters.

No

Since Delta rising I have, lost captain specialization points(44 on 1 toon, 46 on the another), lost respec tokens(x2 on 1 toon), been charged twice for my subscription(1 month only) and there have been constant crashes.

I honestly felt at first that delta rising was a good addition to the game, but the recurring changes, bugs and lack of response to player queries suggests a level of incompetence I have not encountered from this 'company' before.

At first I enjoyed the increased difficulty with the advanced queues, but once I got my gear to Mk XIV, these became less of a challenge, and without giving the majority population a chance to upgrade to that level, the difficulty has been reduced, without offering an alternative in the form of the elite queues.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Answer

Answer

a. n/a - dunno yet.

b. no.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can't answer on a scale as the scale is pointless.

During the Japori/Beta Thoridar runs, I was having a great time. Since then I'm at a loss with what to do as there's no reward for the time. Oddly enough the balance of those Japori/Beta runs was great for a bit of lower level farming for a bit of EC and some low chance for and R&D token.

Now it's just nothing. 3-4 runs of a Patrol gets about the same as one before, even at level 50.

As for the DR content, the Story is pretty good when there isn't the grind wall. With the grind wall it's boring as hell as you loose track of the content.

Would I recommend it? Not a chance.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A) With DR the game moved from 9 to 3
    B) With DR the answer changes from yes to no

Good thread!

Hope a DEV analyzes and registers (I know its christmas soon).
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • newnjanewnja Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Good thread!

My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: My 1st post here... I didn't actually have big of a reason to read the forums before DR but recently I started visiting to see other people's reactions to all the latest changes.
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014

No

The story lines are actually wel thought of and I do like the DR story. The grind is beyond anything I have seen in any game. And patrols... forced patrols? Yes, the add some bits of story, but not enough to justify forcing them.

No, I will not recommend this game. No, I will no longer invest in the game.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    3 and no.

/10chars
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Answer

+ Increased difficulty. I like actually having to try.
    + Battle of Korfez.
    + Bug Hunt.
    + Borg Disconnected
    + Upgrading equipment. Yeah I gave it a "+", because it's far cheaper and easier than it would be buying new Mk XIV equipment. As for "epic" quality, it's not something I'm interested in trying to get, so I feel no issue in not having it.
    + Fixed ship-type ship traits, which give the classes a little added bonus and reason for existing.
    +/- Transferable ship traits, captain specializations, Intel powers, 2min cooldown on console powers. All of these are great for PvE, but terrible for PvP.
    - Death of PvP, atleast for me.
    - Lack of story content when compared to LOR. And, I'm sad to say, a feeling of a lack of polish.
    - Patrol missions as story content.
    - Not being able to trade Intel Boffs between players, preventing you from training them in some career specific abilities (such as emergency power to weapons 3, when you're a tactical captain).
    - Making me basically drop all but one of my toons. No way I'm going to bother grinding the rest.

Answer

If they didn't have ANY other MMO to play and were a space opera fan then yes. However I would not recommend it as being "Star Trek", just a space based MMO.

If Star Citizen was out I'd probably recommend that instead.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    4 (from 8)

No (from Maybe)
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the start was good but the Update System takes to mutch Dili or $ /€

but to make each mission harded only give enemy ships more HP is not a good way

before the patch elite was to easy but now i think advanced is to difficult right now when not all have Mk 14 Gear and are not all at 60
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    5. It's a middle of the road game for me that I'm currently enjoying but I could see the grind drive me away again.

Yes under the condition that they want this kind of game to play. Otherwise, not going to try to convince someone who's only interested in the Star Trek aspect to come to the game.
  • polstarukpolstaruk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Answer

Answer

A - 4/10

B - No

The story of the episodes was well done but not enough of them. That is the only positive comment I can think about the expansion. To me this is not the best release but one of the worst. I think its time to look at 'command fitness' of the senior devs and wonder if they should be relieved from command....
    Anything that happens, happens. Anything that in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
    It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order though.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To quantify my previous statement, if someone was interested in a Star Trek game, I'd recommend this first, even if they hated nuTrek.
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Answer

Answer

1. Went from 8 to 2 after the XP nerf and having all of my spec points taken away.
    2. Went from maybe, to absolutely not.
    Galactic Horde.
  • alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Good thread!

Totally agree, my thoughts exactly as well.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
    edited October 2014

Answer

Answer

So with only a handful of answers I'm starting to see a pattern, but I'll allow you to come to your own conclusions.
    Results so Far

5, No
    4, No
    5, No
    3, No
    ?, No
    ?, No
    3, No from 9, Yes
    5, Perhaps
    ?, No
    3, No
    6, Perhaps
    4, No from 8, Perhaps
    5, Yes(with conditions)
    4, No
    2, No from 8, perhaps
    edited October 2014

Logged in, upgraded my Brel, upgraded my torps to epic, my torp consoles to epic, all my universal consoles to mk14 UR. Leveled up my ship to 4 in tau dewa for the perks, went to kerrat, been ganking fed bags ever since.

Most fun I've had in STO in ages.

Honestly, I'm glad to find someone who is still enjoying the game, just make sure you don't level to 60 or you won't be able to get into ker'rat anymore.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Logged in, upgraded my Brel, upgraded my torps to epic, my torp consoles to epic, all my universal consoles to mk14 UR. Leveled up my ship to 4 in tau dewa for the perks, went to kerrat, been ganking fed bags ever since.

Most fun I've had in STO in ages.

I'm pleased to hear that, but how much dil has that cost you?

I'm breaking the bank here and I've only upgraded a small handful of items, mostly to 13 and only a couple to 14.

Am I doing it wrong?
  • kesak13kesak13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yes but after most of the bugs are fixed.

As a player that has been around since the beta, personally, I did like the story in DR but the amount that you have to grind is close to unbearable especially when cryptic "fixes" one of the ways to do it.
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So many things wrong with it that are just not being addressed because they want to focus on useless garbage. The PvE fiasco. The lazy patrol missions as episodes. I've only rated it as high as a 4 because the actual story eps I've done I've thoroughly enjoyed. Not enough Doctor, though. ;p

Absolutely not. The only reason I'm still playing is because my husband enjoys the game and I can't stop hoping for improvement. PWE/Cryptic has shown an appalling willingness to punish their player base for their own mistakes, on top of their already woefully bad customer service and lack of game support.

If I recommended this game to my friends, and they had gone through all of this rubbish, I'd be shot.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Honestly, I'm glad to find someone who is still enjoying the game, just make sure you don't level to 60 or you won't be able to get into ker'rat anymore.

No worry about that if you are below 60 any more ;)
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • papabeardpapabeard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    a) 1
    b) Probably yes

I enjoy the game a lot, but having been unable to log in since DR went live (game played and ran fine, before hand), I can honestly on give a 1 out of 10.

I have still as of this date, had no response from CS on the issue, so coupled with forum threads, left me feeling very sour indeed.

I've gone back to playing EVE, hopefully my and many like myselfs issues are fixed and we can resume playing a game that has vastly changed in 2 weeks, from the one we previously enjoyed.
  • serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    how I like STO?

A)5/10 (and that's just because I love Star Trek) if it was not Star Trek it would have been a 2
    Recommend it? Only to a Star Trek fan any casual or "hardcore" gamer I would not drag in to this bug filled grind fest.

B) NO!
    they need to fix their product before they want to sell it. Making money is a must for a company but selling something that's broken does not bode well for the future. A good amount of people in the fleet i'm in has either stopped playing or is playing way less than normal.. for numbers:

Fleet was 1 year ago 490 registered accounts. since than we have been kicking players who did not come online for 3 months or more we are down to a 150 now. so out of 3 players 2 quit within 3 months of playing that should say enough I'd say.
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Before DR
    A) 7
    B) Yes

After DR
    A) 2
    B) No

Difficulty increased too much. Even on normal with a Tier 6 ship with all Ultra Rare Mk 14 equipment time to kill enemy, let say Deferi patrol, more than doubled, god only knows how long it would take with normal equipment. :mad:

Dilithium cost to upgrade items way too much, only able to do for main toon. Getting hold of Very Rare crafting material now basically z-store only. Drop rate before DR very very low, now unable to play STF's. :mad:

Most of new content just basic patrol missions.

New Nightmare Elite STF's just pandering to STO podcast hosts, many no longer play the game. End game content now only available to super powerful elite players, either through money or top end fleet and a group of elite friends. :mad:

Question A was lucky to get 2, only because the reputation maps are VA(50), since I'm now FA(60), the maps play the same as before DR. Haven't even bothered to played all the new content, total lack of interest now, my other 23 toons will level using the doff system, not wasting time grinding through a space map which could take 45 minutes to complete.

Perhaps Delta Rising should have been called A Step Too Far. :(