test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is Borg STF Advanced undoable

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
If no idea I thought name change not much else, while I was good in STF Elite and no problem getting stuff for my general ships now advanced turned into undoable lots groups are trying but get back wounded greatly even with full Tier 6 ships with Mk XIV loadouts are stumble back from the battle licking their wounds .....

Well is this what those guys ment when they were crying about nightmare mode... Well thanks for destroying an STF that was nice and doable, this has become a nightmare and they NEVER should have touched it at all.

Now I can't complete sets any longer thanks to those who wanted a nightmare mode.... :mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ey thats a little unfair

ye we wanted PLUS nighmare mode not to change elite into undoable for pugs. . .

in old ISE I was able to kill the right side faster then 4 (pugs) on the left most of the times

I also CAN COMPLETE the new ones so no they are not undoable

but I understand that some ppl really can't

still unfair to blame the nightmare callers they jsut wanted an additional mode
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    ey thats a little unfair

ye we wanted PLUS nighmare mode not to change elite into undoable for pugs. . .

in old ISE I was able to kill the right side faster then 4 (pugs) on the left most of the times

I also CAN COMPLETE the new ones so no they are not undoable

but I understand that some ppl really can't

still unfair to blame the nightmare callers they jsut wanted an additional mode

Yup, nightmare callers are not at fault.

I daresay the old difficulty was sufficient for the playerbase.

Nope, instead they blew all the content out of proportion, and made it an unplayable bore-fest. Yup, count me out of that.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wanted a nighmare mode like so many others but really nobody who wanted it imagined something like this.

- Nobody asked for current difficulty setting being removed or altered so this game becomes a waist of time when not playing with premades
    - Nobody asked for a reward nerf
    - Nobody imagined how bad a devs who work for a game for years now could mess up things that badly when dealing with enemy hull hit points. Its really scary if one compares the different NPC opponents.

A lot of aspects about endgame where changed from a running system with some flaws into a totally broken one.

Applause applause, nobody asked for that.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Its not unfair its what it is maybe for you doable for most of us it's NOT:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I wanted a nighmare mode like so many others but really nobody who wanted it imagined something like this.

- Nobody asked for current difficulty setting being removed or altered so this game becomes a waist of time when not playing with premades
    - Nobody imagined how bad a devs who work for a game for years now could mess up things that badly when dealing with enemy hull hit points. Its really scary if one compares the different NPC opponents.

A lot of aspects about endgame where changed from a running system with some flaws into a totally broken one.

Applause for this man. My thoughts entirely; I was one of those difficulty pushers myself.

But by golly Cryptic, a LOT of players don't have fun when you put unstoppable masses of HP and shields in their face!
  • Options
    gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    If no idea I thought name change not much else, while I was good in STF Elite and no problem getting stuff for my general ships now advanced turned into undoable lots groups are trying but get back wounded greatly even with full Tier 6 ships with Mk XIV loadouts are stumble back from the battle licking their wounds .....

Well is this what those guys ment when they were crying about nightmare mode... Well thanks for destroying an STF that was nice and doable, this has become a nightmare and they NEVER should have touched it at all.

Now I can't complete sets any longer thanks to those who wanted a nightmare mode.... :mad:

Yep. Pretty much. I blame those elitist D-Bags from the DPS Channels with their complaints of "lack of challenge" that were ultimately their own fault for building to damage levels that remove challenge.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Well it's back like in the trek movie's where you need a fleet of ships to destroy one cube LOL.
    It's maybe not the fault of the STF Nightmare caller maybe it is the dev at fault but I don't understand why they didn't give it some more thought before change it... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited October 2014
    gamer940 wrote: »
    Yep. Pretty much. I blame those elitist D-Bags from the DPS Channels with their complaints of "lack of challenge" that were ultimately their own fault for building to damage levels that remove challenge.

I'm blaming Cryptic. They didn't have to tailor the entire game around the DPS channel minority.

I WAS IN the DPS channels before DR and I think the new difficulty levels are totally stupid.

No one in the DPS channels asked Cryptic to make the game miserable for everyone. All I wanted at least was some kind of "Nightmare Difficulty" as an OPTION for challenge and greater rewards.

I don't know how that was so hard to understand for Cryptic.
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    which causes problems since thing like the generators in ISA were at level 50 HP and now have like 150k HP which makes it VERY easy to accidently blow one up.
    LOL! Stop using FAW mindlessly. People - just... think.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    No one in the DPS channels asked Cryptic to make the game miserable for everyone.

Actually, the complaints about "lack of challenge" from that quarter (still their own fault) makes that exactly what they were asking for, especially when coupled with that they tended to call people "bad players" for not doing their level of damage.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Actually, the complaints about "lack of challenge" from that quarter (still their own fault) makes that exactly what they were asking for, especially when coupled with that they tended to call people "bad players" for not doing their level of damage.

Na dude, the superl33t DPS people think low DPS people are funny and call them noobs for fun!

Really honestly, they mean no spite when they say that; for myself at least it's just hard to imagine someone doing 3-5k DPS when you are capable of 30k+.

I'm a DPS person and I personally certify I did not want to ruin your fun.

It was Cryptics call to nerf the entire game, not ours.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Well it's back like in the trek movie's where you need a fleet of ships to destroy one cube LOL.
    It's maybe not the fault of the STF Nightmare caller maybe it is the dev at fault but I don't understand why they didn't give it some more thought before change it... :(

Yea this is correct. :)

I used to play this game with good teams, bad teams and average ones. It happens when you take care of your fleet. And so far I loved all of it!

What we have now:

- Not any fun with good teams cuz the reward hardly justifies the input.
    - Not any fun in bad teams because while earlier a single player was able to have a huge impact on a STF his presence does not change a thing now.
    - Not fun in average teams because I will not witness how the good players start to rage about newcomers when they do mistakes. Was never a prob b4 when 2 players did 80% of the dps but it is now and that’s sad.

They removed the fun for me entirely in endgame.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yea this is correct. :)

I used to play this game with good teams, bad teams and average ones. It happens when you take care of your fleet. And so far I loved all of it!

What we have now:

- Not any fun with good teams cuz the reward hardly justifies the input.
    - Not any fun in bad teams because while earlier a single player was able to have a huge impact on a STF his presence does not change a thing now.
    - Not fun in average teams because I will not witness how the good players start to rage about newcomers when they do mistakes. Was never a prob b4 when 2 players did 80% of the dps but it is now and that’s sad.

They removed the fun for me entirely in endgame.

There are still going to be those people in STFs, it's just that now instead of those DPS carries being "nice to have", they are a requirement.

So if you PUG and get a team without any DPS carries, you will just simply fail the mission outright.

It was a heck of a lot of fun to Carry for newbies/noobs too cause you could feel good about your contribution and E-P33N stats.

Well now, its doesn't really feel like that at all anymore; it just feels like a waste of time.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Na dude, the superl33t DPS people think low DPS people are funny and call them noobs for fun!

Really honestly, they mean no spite when they say that; for myself at least it's just hard to imagine someone doing 3-5k DPS when you are capable of 30k+.

I'm a DPS person and I personally certify I did not want to ruin your fun.

It was Cryptics call to nerf the entire game, not ours.

If you seriously weren't, then to you I apologize, but the examples I've seen of people from those channels were quite as I describe.

The ones I'm referring to are the ones that say "Stop being bad" for something as minor as using a torpedo instead of all 250 degree beam arrays.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    There are still going to be those people in STFs, it's just that now instead of those DPS carries being "nice to have", they are a requirement.

So if you PUG and get a team without any DPS carries, you will just simply fail the mission outright.

It was a heck of a lot of fun to Carry for newbies/noobs too cause you could feel good about your contribution and E-P33N stats.

Well now, its doesn't really feel like that at all anymore; it just feels like a waste of time.

Exactly mate. :)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If you seriously weren't, then to you I apologize, but the examples I've seen of people from those channels were quite as I describe.

The ones I'm referring to are the ones that say "Stop being bad" for something as minor as using a torpedo instead of all 250 degree beam arrays.

That's why we are here! We are (or at least were) supposed to carry for you guys in PUGs, so you could feel good about using your torpedoes!

While using torpedoes is not optimal, I'd hate to have a dev say "Join the DPS crowd or GTFO" to my face to blatantly if I were in your position.

Make no mistake; the content is stupidly hard for DPS people too. It's just not worth doing anymore.
  • Options
    drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One has to remember that when joining an STF you're consenting to work together as a TEAM to obtain a goal.

The worst thing that happened to the STF's are two-fold. First came the STF "revamp" where the original STF's were remade into the severely nerfed, pale imitations of what we had up until now. Then came Legacy of Romulus and it's soft-core hand-holding combined with the Romulan crtD/crtH power creep.

These two elements contributed to people forgetting the TEAM aspect and they began to SOLO the STF's. For example, players will sit on the south sides of the Khitomer gates out of the way of anything that might bruise them and not bother helping with the probes. There was no reason to, one person (usually the unlucky schlep in the slow cruiser that got left behind) could handle the DPS. Another example in Infected is nobody bothering with the "10% rule" on the transformers. Everyone had enough DPS to not even bother co-ordenating their efforts.

Now, I mean no disrespect to the OP or to others in their commiseration of how horrible it seems. And, if the person reading this happens to be one of the few that actually give a damn about teamwork, kudos to you. But, hate to break it to the rest of you kids but it looks like you gotta actually learn to think about someone else - the other people on the team.

God forbid we had the original STF's back. They might actually be interesting again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I'm generally in a cannon ship so I do not FAW. I went from 12% to 7% to blown up in the span of less then 2 seconds. High crit chances/damage build...i.e. anything that can dish out the DPS needed for adanvanced and if you sneeze you blow one of those up. It was bad enough when they were 200k HP Doing a flat across the board HP reduction was stupid, lazy and just inexcuable coding (because now they messed up any chance of dealing with the ACTUAL problem...which had to do with their auto HP scaling for levels and difficulty). Seriously, after seeing this "fix", their head dev needs to be fired. I'm sorry, but first year progamming students would know better.

The funny thing is, that when those same NPCs die, their Death Models have different HP than their Alive Models, which didn't use to be the case.

I smelled something fishy from the start.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    One has to remember that when joining an STF you're consenting to work together as a TEAM to obtain a goal.

The worst thing that happened to the STF's are two-fold. First came the STF "revamp" where the original STF's were remade into the severely nerfed, pale imitations of what we had up until now. Then came Legacy of Romulus and it's soft-core hand-holding combined with the Romulan crtD/crtH power creep.

These two elements contributed to people forgetting the TEAM aspect and they began to SOLO the STF's. For example, players will sit on the south sides of the Khitomer gates out of the way of anything that might bruise them and not bother helping with the probes. There was no reason to, one person (usually the unlucky schlep in the slow cruiser that got left behind) could handle the DPS. Another example in Infected is nobody bothering with the "10% rule" on the transformers. Everyone had enough DPS to not even bother co-ordenating their efforts.

Now, I mean no disrespect to the OP or to others in their commiseration of how horrible it seems. But, hate to break it to you kids but it looks like you gotta actually learn to think about someone else - the other people on the team.

God forbid we had the original STF's back. They might actually be interesting again.

You don't remember the original STFs do you?

Back then the STF Borg Cubes had 71000 HP and around 20000 SHP, and could deal around 1500 DPS.

Now (AFTER THE HP NERF PATCH) Borg Cubes have 500k HP and god knows how many shields, plus they can deal somewhere around 7000 DPS.

The original STFs were EASY AS HECK compared to the **** we have to deal with now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That's why we are here! We are (or at least were) supposed to carry for you guys in PUGs, so you could feel good about using your torpedoes!

While using torpedoes is not optimal, I'd hate to have a dev say "Join the DPS crowd or GTFO" to my face to blatantly if I were in your position.

Make no mistake; the content is stupidly hard for DPS people too. It's just not worth doing anymore.

What about the ones that tell people that they should just uninstall the game for not doing 20,000 DPS?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    What about the ones that tell people that they should just uninstall the game for not doing 20,000 DPS?

I'm sorry you had that experience. Now Cryptic is telling you to uninstall for not doing 20000 DPS.

It's a shame really. They are forcing that stuff on players now. They need to learn that 99% of the players either can't, or have no interest in specializing in DPS.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Gosh we are playing a game called Star Trek!

Things in forums have come even that bad that somebody actually said if you do not do at least X DPS you are trolling so play on normal (where u cant get the stuff you need).

I can quiet cope with the DPS crowd and belong to it on some of my toons and with others not out of purpose. I can assure u that amongst DPSer u also encounter idiots as well as players with common sense.

This should not be turned into a discussion DPS players VS. none DPS players at all. I count to both and deliberately do so to uphold a objective perspective.

I can assure you playing endgame is’t fun as either except for some elitist turning their back on the community not realizing the long term consequences.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You don't remember the original STFs do you?

Back then the STF Borg Cubes had 71000 HP and around 20000 SHP, and could deal around 1500 DPS.

Now (AFTER THE HP NERF PATCH) Borg Cubes have 500k HP and god knows how many shields, plus they can deal somewhere around 7000 DPS.

The original STFs were EASY AS HECK compared to the **** we have to deal with now.

Yes, I do remember them. I also remember many, many pugs giving up because they didn't know how to work together as a team, especially with Cure and Infected.

I (and apparently you) were some of the first to run them. They were a challenge by game design, not by brute force. They also didn't automatically fail you. So, there's significant differences between the two.

And, bear in mind we didn't have Fleet gear, Rep gear, Rep passives, SRO's, etc, etc...

Honestly, I really wish they were back. They were a challenge. They were a complete story unto themselves and one felt a true sense of accomplishment after completion.

sigh. Those days will probably never come again.

But my original point was that players never HAD to work together after the STF change and LoR. Now they do. That growing pain is going to last quite a few months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I do remember them. I also remember many, many pugs giving up because they didn't know how to work together as a team, especially with Cure and Infected.

I (and apparently you) were some of the first to run them. They were a challenge by game design, not by brute force. They also didn't automatically fail you. So, there's significant differences between the two.

And, bear in mind we didn't have Fleet gear, Rep gear, Rep passives, SRO's, etc, etc...

Honestly, I really wish they were back. They were a challenge. They were a complete story unto themselves and one felt a true sense of accomplishment after completion.

sigh. Those days will probably never come again.

But my original point was that players never HAD to work together after the STF change and LoR. Now they do. That growing pain is going to last quite a few months.

It's not a growing pain. The original STFs were easy if you had a good team and they rewarded CRAZY good.

Now it's just a "mash your face against an unstoppable bag of HP and we will slide fkin 480 dilithium for your time". :rolleyes:

I was doing 10k+ DPS in STO 2011 on those original STFs. Trust me, you could most definitely brute force them.

I'm not going to even pretend that these new STFs promote "teamwork". All they do is promote trolling, and lack of faith in the game devs.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm not going to even pretend that these new STFs promote "teamwork". All they do is promote trolling, and lack of faith in the game devs.

And on that, my friend, we are in perfect agreement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And on that, my friend, we are in perfect agreement.

Well, I'm glad we agree at least on one thing.

Unfortunately, the person we need to agree with the playerbase are the devs. They don't really feel like talking to us at all really.

All we got was Gecko saying "Oh, they were meant to be hard guys!" like he didn't know what happened to the NPCs in the game. :rolleyes:

Then we finally got Bort saying "Ok, yeah the HP is a bit ridiculous, we will nerf it 30%."

30%? Are they joking? The mobs easily were TEN times harder than they were and give 100% less reward.

Unless they are ready and willing to own up to their statements that "Normal wouldn't change" and "Advanced would be like the Old Elite" that they so blatantly made, I'm not playing this TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Getting into the 20k channel for me was a sense of accomplishment. It's a feeling I think everyone should want from a game. I've pushed myself on the upwards of 30k and am really looking forward to that, but all this blame on the 20k's, there's a compromise here: give us an elite of ISA and all other STFs.

See it from our point of view: going into an STF that has no challenge is boring. And the talk of teamwork, that's code words for wanting us to carry the dead weight. What about the guy who quits because it's too hard, or the misleading blame of Cryptic, or the fact that we all have the potential to reach high dps.

But I digress. Just give us an elite everything with the previous high hp and I'll never have to do a pug again, because, I like pushing myself and that's fun. Complaining is not fun - and that's what pugs make me do. Wasting 5 minutes shooting at Tholians, then complaining about not being able to defeat the CE - not observing the 10 per cent rule - making exaggerations about the difficulty: how is that fair to the people who worked hard to get where they are? Then you blame us and Cryptic for your lack of ability.

If you want to run around in a rainbow configuration that does 3k has torpedos and a bazillion cannons shooting from everywhere, that's your business. But when it effects me getting the rewards I derserve for doing a good job, then it becomes my business. I don't know how much dil or marks I lost out in in the last week because of those players. The solution then is simple: give us elite and give everyone else normal and advanced.

Tonight I did a NWSA with some very good players - we lost, but we didn't cry. We're going to work hard and find a solution, and if that's not working together, I don't know what is. Because, when you pull a team from the elite channels you expect something from one another and rely on each other. In that regard, this talk of the new STFs promoting trolling is dumb. They don't. They promote a strong will to overcome an obsticle. At least, they do in me.

Do I get frustrated? Sure. Are the new STFs hard? Yes. Can good players with good ships and good equipment fail? Absolutely. But, am I going to blame Cryptic for that? No. I'm going to blame myself - for letting myself down and my team. Am I going to rage quit? No - I'm going to try even harder next time. I don't wallow in self-pity when I have to press the respawn button; but, I do ask why I had to press it in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Getting into the 20k channel for me was a sense of accomplishment. It's a feeling I think everyone should want from a game. I've pushed myself on the upwards of 30k and am really looking forward to that, but all this blame on the 20k's, there's a compromise here: give us an elite of ISA and all other STFs.

See it from our point of view: going into an STF that has no challenge is boring. And the talk of teamwork, that's code words for wanting us to carry the dead weight. What about the guy who quits because it's too hard, or the misleading blame of Cryptic, or the fact that we all have the potential to reach high dps.

But I digress. Just give us an elite everything with the previous high hp and I'll never have to do a pug again, because, I like pushing myself and that's fun. Complaining is not fun - and that's what pugs make me do. Wasting 5 minutes shooting at Tholians, then complaining about not being able to defeat the CE - not observing the 10 per cent rule - making exaggerations about the difficulty: how is that fair to the people who worked hard to get where they are? Then you blame us and Cryptic for your lack of ability.

If you want to run around in a rainbow configuration that does 3k has torpedos and a bazillion cannons shooting from everywhere, that's your business. But when it effects me getting the rewards I derserve for doing a good job, then it becomes my business. I don't know how much dil or marks I lost out in in the last week because of those players. The solution then is simple: give us elite and give everyone else normal and advanced.

Tonight I did a NWSA with some very good players - we lost, but we didn't cry. We're going to work hard and find a solution, and if that's not working together, I don't know what is. Because, when you pull a team from the elite channels you expect something from one another and rely on each other. In that regard, this talk of the new STFs promoting trolling is dumb. They don't. The promote a strong will to overcome an obsticle. At least, they do in me.

Do I get frustrated? Sure. Are the new STFs hard? Yes. Can good players with good ships and good equipment fail? Absolutely. But, am I going to blame Cryptic for that? No. I'm going to blame myself - for letting myself down and my team. Am I going to rage quit? No - I'm going to try even harder next time. I don't wallow in self-pity when I have to press the respawn button; but, I do ask why I had to press it in the first place.

You gotta remember that not everyone strives for DPS like we do. It's a shame that we cannot carry torpedo slinging 3-5k DPS people like we used to even in Advanced.

But the worst part of it all is that they nerf all the queue rewards and go back on their promise that Advanced would be like Old Elite and Normal would stay the same. That's obviously not what happened.

I'm pretty sure low DPS players don't see things the way we do.

Also, if you are hitting the respawn button in the new HP borefest STFs, you need to work on your build. :D

Sometimes even for challenge seekers like me, I like to ABSOLUTELY SLAUGHTER / Carry Hard because it's fun. I don't like dying or feeling like I'm ineffective all the time. Some of the time, it's nice, but not all the time. :o