test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

advanced queue enemy strength part two

xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
so..did conduit advanced today after the patch, well..the enemies are indeed slightly less durable, however, they're still durable enough that when working on the transformers, its all but impossible to stop the enemy swarming right past you even with the entire team using AoE buffs.

I think the enemy space npcs need to go down in durability just a tad more..they're still too strong durability wise.
Murphy's laws:
1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What are you trying to stop them with?
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Annnnnnd, everybody is back to the normal stfs.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What are you trying to stop them with?

teddy bears, apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Borg disconnected adv.
    the queue was almost empty but i was stupid enough to join it

of course the mission failed... difficulty is still too high
    how to earn these ancient power cells?@cryptic
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    t5-u fleet avenger, rank 13 and 14 hardware, very rare. shouldnt feel like we're all having to dogpile the same sphere....
    Murphy's laws:
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Don't people realize that in ISA unless you have GW you should NOT use AoE abilities on the Spheres but rather focus all fire on the transformer once the generators have been destroyed?????

Destroy it before the Spheres get close. If someone has GW then by all means slow the spheres down please. But otherwise.......

TARGET THE TRANSFORMER!

This. I camp the incoming nanites and hit them with GW and Tyken while everyone else destroys the transformer. It's highly effective.
  • desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't people realize that in ISA unless you have GW you should NOT use AoE abilities on the Spheres but rather focus all fire on the transformer once the generators have been destroyed?????

Destroy it before the Spheres get close. If someone has GW then by all means slow the spheres down please. But otherwise.......

TARGET THE TRANSFORMER!

Isn't the basic strategy this: pop the cube, take down the generators keeping in mind that the 10% rule is again a good thing, pop the gens at all the same time, then pound the TRIBBLE out of the transformer? Did the very same thing in a pre-nerf ISA last night that was successful, the only additional thing was I popped a grav well on the incoming nanite spheres. But even then I think we would have made it with a little room to spare. Failing to follow that basic strategy makes things go very bad, very fast. Not to mention you don't really want to aggro the spheres hanging out by the transformer to begin with.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I ran only one so far but it felt about right to me. We finished with about 2.5 minutes to spare on the optional. I only Pug. This seemed like a good Pug.

Crystalline was back about to its old state.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited October 2014
    and second run...yep...had a team that employed gw, and no AoE abilities this time...even 10%'d the genny..didnt seem to help once the swarm arrived.
    Murphy's laws:
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    This. I camp the incoming nanites and hit them with GW and Tyken while everyone else destroys the transformer. It's highly effective.

My Recluse build is going to be trying GW and a web-sphere. Although that could be dicey if they're too close to the gate, I suppose.
  • wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    Borg disconnected adv.

Do bug hunt elite. Power cells are easy to get. Just quit looking at space.
  • desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am a little confused now, were you able to drop the transformer before the nanite spheres tried to heal it?

Did you check to see how many HP the spheres now have? I checked in my run last night and I want to say in ISA they were around 700k.
    edited October 2014
    nope...we were unable to drop the transformer. the spheres from the first transformer promptly turned and headed right at the second..chased us at that.
    Murphy's laws:
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My Recluse build is going to be trying GW and a web-sphere. Although that could be dicey if they're too close to the gate, I suppose.

Forgot, I have a carrier, and employ my Runabout hangar pets with tractor beams.
  • glorthoxglorthox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If Cryptic and Arcgames stays on this same path about just making things insanely hard, I hope they realize they are killing their player base. A majority of casual players refuse to run long or hard content. And when they can't run most of the STF's after the difficulty increase, most will just turn away from the game.

I myself am still trying to find the incentive to play the game. DR story rewards are TRIBBLE, everything costs Dilithium. Now the marks gained after the daily is TRIBBLE as well. Getting 500-750 marks in order to make rep gear is just take a ridiculously long time. If no one is running the advanced or elite STF's, then how can people complete stuff?

In all honesty, this game was fine the way it used to be. All Stf's had plenty of people running them, now its a ghost town. The game needs more incentive to play, without it, more people will turn away.
    edited October 2014
    going to buy a BOFF with gravity well...or better yet I've got one handy that can be retrained..see if that helps.
    Murphy's laws:
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The choice of what is optional in several of the missions is a problem. Defend Rhiho station and Borg disconnected for me are impossible. Undine infiltration is a roll of the dice. But the old guard seems pretty much right on to me so far.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hit ISA in a PUG. We did it, though it took over 14 minutes. Parser said 29k, 20k, 10k, 3k, 3k.
    What the heck were the 3k guys doing there? They should be on Normal!

Back when I was new (around 2 years ago), I ran Normal and didn't go into Elite until I was sure I wasn't a burden on the team. I think I had managed to get up to 6k in a Sci Oddy without any rep gear (and eight Plasma-Disruptor beam arrays! Mk XI blues!) before I stepped foot into Elite.

It's like people these days have no consideration for others, full of delusions of grandeur.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »

+1
    SOP
    Drop a well on the mob then spam the generator. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I hit ISA in a PUG. We did it, though it took over 14 minutes. Parser said 29k, 20k, 10k, 3k, 3k.

Back when I was new (around 2 years ago), I ran Normal and didn't go into Elite until I was sure I wasn't a burden on the team. I think I had managed to get up to 6k in a Sci Oddy without any rep gear (and eight Plasma-Disruptor beam arrays! Mk XI blues!) before I stepped foot into Elite.

It's like people these days have no consideration for others, full of delusions of grandeur.

The 3K guys were the ones dropping the GW.
    :)

Srsly, ya think that sci-boat has 5 tac consoles like everyone else ? Ya, I'de give a nut to have a 4 tac console ship thats got a LtCdr sci officer, but they're unicorns.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »

Simple, the 3k guys are there for BNPs for rep gear, or crafting mats. If you don't like it, blame cryptic for leaving them no other options, not the players for using the options available.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014

TARGET THE TRANSFORMER!

Indeed, you have GW? Good, hit a far away nanite sphere in the group with it and then go back to targeting the transformer.

You have eject warp plama? good, run ober the front nanite spheres with it and then go back to targeting the transformer

You have TRB? Good, rush them like a game of chicken, push them back and then go back and targer the transformer.

Thee effects are used to slow down and stop the nanite spheres..... you target of choice for weapons should remain the transformer.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the difficulty is, at least, improved now and missions are kind of passable. I still feel some Advanced is a tad too difficult. Lets not forget, they've added extra enemies of most of them as well.

Also, is it just me or are the Borg ground STF's harder on Advanced than the old Elite?
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    nope...we were unable to drop the transformer. the spheres from the first transformer promptly turned and headed right at the second..chased us at that.
    Wow pre nerf with a pug group, we dropped the transformer. Who are you playing with carebears united or something?
  • ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    Borg disconnected adv.

Earn them in the Bug Hunt Advanced.
  • bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    t5-u fleet avenger, rank 13 and 14 hardware, very rare. shouldnt feel like we're all having to dogpile the same sphere....

I was running the very same STF before todays patch.
    I got 1 MK 13 console, everything else is MK 12, still the group I was in could easily complete the run, as long as not some TRIBBLE destroys one of the generators too early.

In my experience the only reason those runs fails when they do,are because of same TRIBBLE using FAW or directly attacking and destroying one of the generators while the rest of the group are still fighting the Cube and sphere.

Its come to a point where I'm asking "is it stupidity or malice" when this happens.
    Over a 3 day period I had over 80% of the runs fail for reasons stated above.

So in my honest opinion it not too difficult, far from it, I think its far more likely that its just people being either unwilling or unable to learn and adapt.
    It seems most people prefer to just steamroll it like they used to as if nothing had changed.
    edited October 2014
    the fleet marks stfs, the space ones, particularly the one where you're defending against waves, are impossible to surmount. 7 passes to a klingon bird of prey....
    Murphy's laws:
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    viscous cycle advanced is not too difficult, but mobs hp are insane. they should increase the power of mobs shield and decrease mobs hp.

it's impossible for me to destroy a vila:

fleet dhelan T5-U full mastery

- 2 fleet disruptor DHC MK XII (1741 dps each)
    - elachi dual beam bank MK XIII (1525 dps)
    - disruptor turrets (MK XIII & MK XII)
    - weapon bonus from nukara set, and cc ordnance set
    - 5 tac consoles MK XIII

crit chance: 25%
    crit severity: 101%
    acc: 33%

ISA: as now mobs have more hp, grav well is less efficient

khi'rho station advanced, without a team of engineers or a team with 2 sci captains, with at least Tachyon Harmonic, electrogravitic field, this is too difficult.
  • tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Passed advanced today of conduit, lost optionals due to time only, we stopped all probes.

We didnt have close to the dps needed, Died 3 times in my defiant but was only one of two people who could take out the cubes.... and it still was not easy.

Normal was cake... and i mean easy.. I have MK14 most things and one hell of a dual beam overload that crits at 50-100k... Quad Cannons, cutting beam, borg set, dyson shield, 4 universal consoles, 5 Mk14 very rare Fleet tac consoles, T5--U, level 59, a lot of spec points spent. Thats what you need to go in to advanced, or at least be able to support the snot out of the guys that are.

I cant play advanced on any sci or cruiser i have.
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Majority of people are doing private matches.

Pugging in Advanced or Elite is simply asking for an hour CD timer.

Yup, I've already said they may as well delete the public queue, it will only frustrate players and make more quit. Casual is dead. Small fleets are dead. Odd time players are dead. Random jump in the action when you got 30minutes to kill is dead.

Their all dead, Jim.