test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 60 = No Ker'rat: #3

dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
edited October 2014 in PvP Gameplay
First thread regarding this issue - Closed by Smirk

Second Thread regarding this issue - Closed by unknown admin who didn't wanna leave his details OR A REASON... Brave dude, very brave :P

Third Thread regarding this issue - Bug Report Thread still open. But other then Verifying the issue, have done squat!

To any devs reading this -

This issue isn't going away, it won't go away until you fix Ker'rat.

D,

P.S. I will just open another thread, then another... if this one is also closed without rectifying the issue.

You'r content for DR is boring, unimpressive and buggy. A little over a week and most peeps are giving you the same feedback.

My advice, politely show Geko the door...
OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
>>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
>>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
Post edited by dius1981 on

Comments

• grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited October 2014
    I do not want your motivation slow down but I think your third thread will not help much.

Maybe this is the wrong area here.

I would also be careful with the create threads that have already been closed, there are players that have been banned for less. ;)

greetings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited October 2014
    I hear ya mate, at this point to hell with the repercussion.

If making these post is my only form in which to voice my disapproval of the Ker'rat-gate-scandal...

Then I have to keep doing it, not just for me, but for the community :P

If they feel the need to ban me for bringing this discussion to the floor of the PvP community then that is their decision.

All I can hope is that when / if I fall in battle to the OP Dev team Ban-Hammer :D another brave soldier will be willing to carry the torch & ready to take my place as the voice of reason ;)

FIX KER'RAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why won't they just come out and say either "We know Ker'rat has been buggy as hell for some time so we're polishing it up and squashing those bugs to re-release it for the level 60s" or "We've decided to remove Ker'rat from the game because we hate PvP and PvP'ers". At least say something! Whats the deal?!?
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not intentional from the dev's point of view. I've been playing the game long enough to know how things work with Cryptic.

Fixing Ker'rat (and the other maps) is on a list with other bugs, and things to work on. It's priority is low because it only affects a few players in the game and it's not new content.

So it will get fixed - eventually, and if a dev gets the time to work on it. And Cryptic will never give an update on it because they don't know themselves when or if it's going to be fixed.
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Just like those PvP updates we were promised in Season 2?

Yep. I'm sure they were honest when they promised the changes, it's just that the priority was never high enough to get around to it.

I'm not being nice to Cryptic when I say this. Priorities should have been changed in regards to PvP but the management did not care to do it.
  • etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited October 2014
    You might as well just go all out and tell them to go **** themselves. I mean for most of us if the pvp we play isn't available to us then we have nothing to lose because the game will be over for us. Go down fighting! Fight the man! Be that Martyr!
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *Bump*

I want Ker'rat back too...
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sysil84 wrote: »
    It's not intentional from the dev's point of view. I've been playing the game long enough to know how things work with Cryptic.

Fixing Ker'rat (and the other maps) is on a list with other bugs, and things to work on. It's priority is low because it only affects a few players in the game and it's not new content.

So it will get fixed - eventually, and if a dev gets the time to work on it. And Cryptic will never give an update on it because they don't know themselves when or if it's going to be fixed.

Nobody other than the devs can really say if failing to make a Level 60 Ker'rat was intentional or not. It very well could have been a decision made in order to get the expansion out in time and they said "oh, we'll get to it when we get to it."

Either way, what is intentional is that they are not fixing it now. There have been multiple patches since the DR release and they have not fixed it yet, nor have they even acknowledged it as a known issue in their patch notes. So their low prioritization of fixing Kerrat is definitely intentional.
  • currahee320currahee320 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Concur with the feelings in this thread. Surprise there haven't been warnings thrown out like candy for "trolling and flaming" with no explanation as to why.

So just to make sure I understand correctly, Kerrat is not a priority for the development team, BUT getting the gender correct on an insignificant group of soldiers on Kobali Prime is? On what planet is this in any way common sense?

If Cryptic refuses to stop putting out substandard product, and fix the broken product released (Kerrat, power trays, skills, loadouts), then I will refuse to continue to pay my monthly subscription, AND I won't bother purchasing the Delta Rising pack I just finished saving up for. I am chomping at the bit to test out the new starships, but not at the cost of my only reason for showing up. I am not spending $125 US to fly around and fight boring NPCs. Perhaps it is time to take up those email offers to pickup where I left off in Eve.

Seriously, how is it that with every major update or change, something broken of old becomes something broken anew?
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't think you guys understand though... you could use a new 60 kerrat to power level your spec points. Can't have that. lol ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't think you guys understand though... you could use a new 60 kerrat to power level your spec points. Can't have that. lol ;)

True, so Ker'rat may not come back. I dunno. The over reaction from the last "exploit" is proof.

Well it's been nice guys... I'll take a short vacation. See you guys around the winter event.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mods been closing and deleting threads with a vengance recently - its not just you. Cryptic knew they were going to get player blowback and probably hired on someone to just shut down forum threads at this point.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014

unless they make the borg ESTF level...
  • maxdredmaxdred Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bring back Ker'rat. It was one of the only fun things left to do in STO.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aaaaaaand karrat is back for level 60s on tribble
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    It's about damn time.
    edited October 2014
    aaaaaaand karrat is back for level 60s on tribble

Thanks for the update mate, but to me this dont mean anything until its confirmed by PWE/CRYPTIC, in patch notes.

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update mate, but to me this dont mean anything until its confirmed by PWE/CRYPTIC, in patch notes.

D,

It is in the patch notes.
    edited October 2014

D,

If it s on Tribble it means it should likely be in the next patch. So level an alt, looks like next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    It is in the patch notes.

Link?

Sorry not trying to be at all confrontational towards you guys. Your all in the same boat as the rest of us.

But if it is the the patch notes I would genuinely like to read it.

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    edited October 2014
    Link?

Sorry not trying to be at all confrontational towards you guys. Your all in the same boat as the rest of us.

But if it is the the patch notes I would genuinely like to read it.

D,

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1270921

"Resolved an issue that was causing level 60 players to not be able to access PvP Warzone Sector doors in the Qo’Nos and Donatu Sectors."

There Tribble notes. We all know Cryptics MO Tribble is used to house next weeks patch... at least when there not "testing" some expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014

"Resolved an issue that was causing level 60 players to not be able to access PvP Warzone Sector doors in the Qo’Nos and Donatu Sectors."

There Tribble notes. We all know Cryptics MO Tribble is used to house next weeks patch... at least when there not "testing" some expansion.

In short - I could well be playing this game again as early as next Thursday.

Thanks for the clarification.

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    grandpadxx wrote: »
    I do not want your motivation slow down but I think your third thread will not help much.

Maybe this is the wrong area here.

I would also be careful with the create threads that have already been closed, there are players that have been banned for less. ;)

greetings

who gives a flying **** if anyone gets banned at this point. The only reason I have ever stayed in this game for almost 5 years is ker'rat...

I am a big spender too.. if ker'rat goes, I go.

You hear that cryptic? So who cares about getting banned when the only thing keeping me in the game this long was ker'rat.

but then again, it is no wonder that cryptic did what they did because they have an F rating with the better business bureau.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
    edited October 2014
    Everyone spam the hell out of the gameplay bugs forum and ask for ker'rat back

• jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    its coming back next week isnt it? something fixed on tribble...

any way what do i care, Cryptic drove me off and i was a spender too, these con-artists got the money they wanted off me and now destroyed the game i loved....they aint getting any more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
    edited October 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    its coming back next week isnt it? something fixed on tribble...

any way what do i care, Cryptic drove me off and i was a spender too, these con-artists got the money they wanted off me and now destroyed the game i loved....they aint getting any more

wasn't mentioned in the known problems of the tribble release notes today

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok, there is a workaround for anyone that is 60 so that they may break into Ker'rat.
    • Step 1: Team with a level 50 character team with your level 60 character.
    • Step 2: Sit in the same instance of Eta Eridani Sector Block
    • Step 3: Have the level 50 character enter Ker'rat. This will pull up the team map transfer window.
    • Step 4: Enter Ker'rat and resume fun.
    • Step 5: Repeat as needed to get other level 60 characters into the map. Remember it doesn't kick you out when you log out.

Yes, it is exploiting, but a Ker'rat/Otha/N'Vak fix in the near future is doubtful.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited October 2014
    LOLz guys read this -

Specifially this -

Resolved an issue that was causing level 60 players to not be able to access PvP Warzone Sector doors in the Qo’Nos and Donatu Sectors.

Ker'rat is working again in Tribble for lvl60 toons.
    It is very likely Ker'rat will be open for business come Thursday 30th Oct update.

We have been heard, we are 'most likely' getting our zone back soon.

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • therealhippotherealhippo Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOLz guys read this -

Specifially this -

Resolved an issue that was causing level 60 players to not be able to access PvP Warzone Sector doors in the Qo’Nos and Donatu Sectors.

It is very likely Ker'rat will be open for business come Thursday 30th Oct update.

D,

This is good news. Whether you like or loath the zone or your opponents, its the only part of the game that evokes real emotion in me anymore.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOLz guys read this -

Specifially this -

D,

Only most likely? Almost definitely knowing Tribble.