test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online is a fun game and I enjoy playing it

matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I think STO is a great game, and while I would change a few things if I had a magic dev wand I still think it's really fun to play.
Post edited by matthian1701 on

Comments

• serevnserevn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be funner if they would fix Kerrat for level 60s already.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think STO is a great game, and while I would change a few things if I had a magic dev wand I still think it's really fun to play.

I agree, I enjoy more about this game than I dislike. I get tired of this community ******** and moaning about every single change. That's what my signature is really about, it's a jab at the people who do nothing but whine and sniffle about everything in this game.

guys if you don't like the game, then play another one. It's a pretty simple concept.
    serevn wrote: »

Relatively speaking (exclusively PvE players vs. PvP players) almost no one cares about PvP. They should just remove it anyways, because PvP in an RPG is always a pointless endeavor. Either PvE gets screwed by PvP or PvP gets screwed by PvE, mostly the latter. I love PvP but I only do it in games which are exclusively balanced around it. Not sure why everyone doesn't do the same thing.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ONLY thing fun is PUG'ing elites, at least it used to be before the DQ.

Now everything is a job.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree, I enjoy more about this game than I dislike. I get tired of this community ******** and moaning about every single change. That's what my signature is really about, it's a jab at the people who do nothing but whine and sniffle about everything in this game.

guys if you don't like the game, then play another one. It's a pretty simple concept.

Relatively speaking (exclusively PvE players vs. PvP players) almost no one cares about PvP. They should just remove it anyways, because PvP in an RPG is always a pointless endeavor. Either PvE gets screwed by PvP or PvP gets screwed by PvE, mostly the latter. I love PvP but I only do it in games which are exclusively balanced around it. Not sure why everyone doesn't do the same thing.

Yes yes and yes. This thread is just 120% awesome and needs to have the award of thread of the year! Just way too much negative stuff for years in this forum. No wonder why devs stay away from it.
  • falklander1989falklander1989 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So fun doing same boring missions and fighting same stupid npcs over and over again ha.I just cant understand how someone can have fun with anything thats not pvp related in this game,even if that pvp is so unbalanced.Probably most boring game ever.pve related.
  • yodafan1979yodafan1979 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I couldn't agree more...

I've been a lifer since open beta and I've seen this game change and grow in ways I couldn't have imagined. Nobody can be happy about everything that's changed over the years, but overall I feel that STO has become a truly great game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014

i hope kerrat is scrapped. it has no purpose at this time especially with the klingons and feds working together again.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    curedmen wrote: »
    Yes yes and yes. This thread is just 120% awesome and needs to have the award of thread of the year! Just way too much negative stuff for years in this forum. No wonder why devs stay away from it.

That's because happy people are playing the game. People come to the forums mainly to figure out why something is broken, how to fix it, and to kvetch about it.

Unless, of course, it's patch day. :)
  • serevnserevn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Geez the arrogance of you people. I didn't say I wanted a whole remastered pvp. I wasn't asking for perfect balance passes made on all abilities. I wasn't disagreeing with the OP. I only mentioned it would be better with Kerrat fixed. I don't know how much more selfish, egotistical, and self-righteous you can be.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I too am enjoying the game. I couldn't pay at first due to the mac crashes so I switched to wineskin and have been playing for a few days...my main is lvl54...and flies a T6 Phantom...i love this ship. I've yet to run into something that bothers me.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well... STO is indeed a great game.

But... This forum is qqers festival. I never see MMO with such a crying and whining forum community. This is probably because STO is very easy game, and when DEVs trying to add some hardcore, then "casuals" who used to play 1 hour per week/month and receive endgame things almost free, start cying like kids in "100" new doom threads.
    edited October 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    Well... STO is indeed a great game.

But... This forum is qqers festival. I never see MMO with such a crying and whining forum community. This is probably because STO is very easy game, and when DEVs trying to add some hardcore, then "casuals" who used to play 1 hour per week/month and receive endgame things almost free, start cying like kids in "100" new doom threads.

You've never seen an MMO with such a crying and whining forum community? Really? STO is advanced etiquette over most official forums I've been to.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Geez the arrogance of you people. I didn't say I wanted a whole remastered pvp. I wasn't asking for perfect balance passes made on all abilities. I wasn't disagreeing with the OP. I only mentioned it would be better with Kerrat fixed. I don't know how much more selfish, egotistical, and self-righteous you can be.

It's just an opinion, I wasn't saying you were inherently wrong. You are the kind of player my first paragraph was aimed at. I state an opinion that might warrant discussion and you immediately go on the defensive.

We can have a conversation if you like.

I will say regardless of my personal choices and opinions regarding PvP in a game that has both PvE and PvP, fixing the PvP would make the game objectively better. That said, the PvP population is so small as to barely warrant development time. Cryptic is too focused on whale milk. PvPers aren't going to make them money unless they make it completely and undeniably pay to win (like PvP damage boosts on the C-Store), and even if they did, because of the aforementioned PvP population issues, it's probably not considered worthy of development time.

It's the same reason feds got four new ships with DR and Romulans and Klingons got two each.

You may be tempted to put forth the idea that if PvP were fixed then a lot more people would PvP, but I imagine they have metrics that show that not enough players (who in this game are mostly casual PvE focused players) would join PvP to warrant the development time.

Regardless of the objective fact that the game should be universally improved, sadly, it won't happen.

I will say I enjoy PvP in other games and if they made it actually balanced and fun in this game, I would undoubtedly give it a second (or third?) try.

It's about as likely as them fixing the City Hard mission on Defera, which has been almost unplayably broken for two years.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's fun enough but it quickly became annoying and tedious with DR. I haven't played for a few days aside from logging in to doff and do daily r&d, and this weekend I'll play to farm dil in voth ground zone and turn in my contraband, but that's it. I'm just not feeling it with the dilithium sinks and nerfs.
    edited October 2014
    It's fun enough but it quickly became annoying and tedious with DR. I haven't played for a few days aside from logging in to doff and do daily r&d, and this weekend I'll play to farm dil in voth ground zone and turn in my contraband, but that's it. I'm just not feeling it with the dilithium sinks and nerfs.

This weekend is a dilithium and lobi bonus weekend, too, don't forget! :)
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STO is my favorite game, and this thread is a breath of fresh air. Absolutely brilliant. As Willy Wonka said, "one kind deed in a weary world". I give you the Chocolate Factory, Matthian. You've won!
    Greenbird
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    This weekend is a dilithium and lobi bonus weekend, too, don't forget! :)

Yep, that's why I said this weekend I'll do some dilithium farming.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    With so much rage...this deserves a bump...JUST WAIT for a week when ALL is calm and the rage is gone :):):)
    DUwNP.gif

• ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Simple Solution. Dont come to the forums. Cause its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
  • kerriknightkerriknight Member Posts: 274
    edited October 2014

Here you are ******** and moaning about the ******** and moaning.

If you don't like ******** and moaning, then don't come to the forums

Now, object to that so you can demonstrate hypocrisy on top of everything else.

Well?

Translation: "I do not enjoy that particular style of play, therefore it should be removed entirely and taken away from the ones who do so that all development attention can be put towards my preferences being catered to exclusively."
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here you are ******** and moaning about the ******** and moaning.

If you don't like ******** and moaning, then don't come to the forums

Now, object to that so you can demonstrate hypocrisy on top of everything else.

Well?

Just have to say LOL on this one :D
    DUwNP.gif

• puckalishpuckalish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes. This game is mad fun.

I started looking at the forums because the Mac client's been kinda dead in the water since DR was released... So now I have time to look for fixes and read up on folks' strategies and stuff (and, yes, lengthy gripes)... and hope that, in the next month or so, it'll work smoothly again.

That said, I don't have any kind of subscription (in part because I don't really have the time to dedicate to making it worth it to subscribe to any kind of game) and haven't even bought anything from the C-Store... I'm a casual player and I've enjoyed the heck out of playing the half hour in a month or two hours in a day that I can come across...

Among other things, I just really dig checking out the stories that've been written, both for the official content and in the foundry. I'm no hardcore game, I kinda just want to look at neat stuff and check out a story that may or may not be corny. It's pleasant even kicking around in a ship from one of the series, doing some light-weight stuff and checking out the view. I even like messing around with the characters and uniforms, to be honest... and I've only ever had access to the free content and gear.

Which brings me to my last point... now, with the Mac client unreliable, I'm reflecting on how I haven't paid a cent to play this game... thinking, well, perhaps that's not totally unrelated to the bugginess of this release - freeloaders like me creating load on a product that we're not supporting.

So, on that note, if this Mac client ever gets up and running again, maybe I'll just have to spring for some Zen and think of it as investing in the game's infrastructure. Weird reaction to the Mac client crashing all the time, I know, but it feels appropriate (though maybe less so for paying subscribers on Mac and DX9 (older) Windows boxes).
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I bet you also like rubbing salt into your eyes and then staring into the Sun as well.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    I bet you also like rubbing salt into your eyes and then staring into the Sun as well.

are you gonna troll people because they don't share the same viewpoint as you?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »

It's not that bad. We're still here talking about it.

Overall the game is fun. If I was a fresh player, the amount of content is quite good but getting to 50 will take a little longer than when I started.

The other issue is that a new player would have a hard time building a new fleet; dilithium is at an astronomical premium, and there are so many new uses for it. The time it takes for a starting player to earn it, let alone buy the resources necessary to progress for end-game gear likely would deter even the most dedicated player.

Casual players are going to have a much harder time now.

Whats the term used to describe a daily player? Dedicated? Guys running 10+ alts? Masochistic?

Daily players have new challenges that have for some sucked the fun out of the game. It's not that one change has been that bad; it's the aggregate of all of the changes and Cryptics outright LIES about what they've done - 'We increased XP' when they cut it by 75%.

This comment i saw earlier summs it up best:
    /r/sto is a better gauge of the community's mindset than the forums. The fact that people here are pissed says a heck of a lot about the state of affairs.

Feelings have been hurt. I never exploited, but I was called one. Disinformation has come from people we're supposed to trust. 'We increased XP/ we're cutting it by 75%' EDIT: Borticus states that it was a bug and the XP now is correct.. Funny, it was a bug for over a year and NOW they decide to fix it. *cough, cough* Game changes have all but killed the casual gamer, and for the dedicated players and people who pay - it's as if they don't care.

So play for free, do the content - then move on. It's cool. But don't invest money in the game, as you'll be disappointed.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STO used to be a very , very fun game.

But than **** hit the fan.

Nerfs, nerfs, nerfs, more grind, and let me just list a few. First STF reward nerf, the loosing of the good old Mirror Assault for the bad new one, than the reputation nerf, than the worst, the EC nerf, than the Hourly events nerf, than the Delta Rising STF Dilithium nerf, too hard content, and the XP nerf last patch....

STO WAS A fun game. Before all that happened.

Now all it is good for is a free to play role play platform.

How could STO be fun again?

Bring back the old Dil rewards! 1440 Dil PER advanced stf!
    Bring back the old mirror event per day!
    Bring back the old hourly events!
    Bring back the pre-nerf rep trait system!
    Bring back the old EC Values!
    Bring back the old xp and old difficulty for non elite content.

Than this would be a good game. Now, its a bad now.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    STO used to be a very , very fun game.

But than **** hit the fan.

Nerfs, nerfs, nerfs, more grind, and let me just list a few. First STF reward nerf, the loosing of the good old Mirror Assault for the bad new one, than the reputation nerf, than the worst, the EC nerf, than the Hourly events nerf, than the Delta Rising STF Dilithium nerf, too hard content, and the XP nerf last patch....

STO WAS A fun game. Before all that happened.

Now all it is good for is a free to play role play platform.

How could STO be fun again?

Bring back the old Dil rewards! 1440 Dil PER advanced stf!
    Bring back the old mirror event per day!
    Bring back the old hourly events!
    Bring back the pre-nerf rep trait system!
    Bring back the old EC Values!

Than this would be a good game. Now, its a bad now.

^^^^^
    I'd say STO just went full Gekko
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i hope kerrat is scrapped. it has no purpose at this time especially with the klingons and feds working together again.
    At which time? When you start the game, it's 2409. The Romulan Republic has barely settled Mol'Rihan, much less found any Iconian gates. The Klingon Empire still believes the Federation Council and Starfleet Command are riddled with shapeshifters. (And given some of the orders we get, they might be right!) The new Accord won't be founded until sometime in 2410, by which time you're an Admiral/General (depending on your choice of factions).

Ker'rat makes perfect sense in 2409.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree. I am 80 percent satisfied with the game. There are far more good things going on right now than not.