test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Ha'apax / Haakona upgrade confusion

esreaesrea Member Posts: 152 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I am thinking about switching mains after a long while out of the game from my Fed Eng to my Rom Tac. As I prefer beam boats I am thinking about taking my Haakona to the Delta Quadrant, especially since the upgrade gives a forth tac console for some extra firepower.

Problem is the Haakona doesn't have a fleet variant, that one is called the Fleet Ha'apax, since the Haakona itself is only a variant of the Ha'apax. Somehow the Fleet Ha'apax doesn't show up in any information if it is upgradable, the normal Haakona is upgradable but only has 10 consoles after the Upgrade. The STO-Academy skill planner only shows a Haakona T5-U, but neither Fleet Ha'apax nor Fleet Haakona.

Since I don't own a Fleet Ha'apax yet I can't check myself, anyone know what is up with that ship class in terms of upgrades? And does it still upgrade to a forth tac console?
Post edited by esrea on

Comments

• Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, the fleet Ha'apax does get the T5-U upgrade, and gets the 4th tac console, plus all the other bells & whistles that come with it.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    esreaesrea Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Perfect, thanks a lot!

I will probably get the fleet version, upgrade it and then Beam Spam my way to victory. At least until the Fleet Aelahl arrives and hopefully brings a forth tac console with it ;)
  • Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can't wait til my KDF fleet gets to T5 to get the fleet version of the Hakoona. Love the ship. Tried to stay away from it til then. But, went ahead and T5U'd it anyways. So much fun.

I use the Dual Vector. Either way you go seperating gains +turn and +Power. As it is when upgraded it gets a free Neutronium with stats. And I love to run mine in Guardian mode. Weapon at 100 and in that mode along with a Plasmonic leech I can get other 3 to 75. always fall short in one category when in Assault mode. lol

People gripe about the console not being worth it. Since you lose hull. But, at lvl 55 seperated I still have 60k hull. And don't have the last Mastery unlocked yet (+10% hull) the fleet version would be even better. Not like hull matters much in the ship. Finally got the Shield Absorptive Console and that seems to always keep shields up.

I want the fleet version for the 11th console more then anything. I'm one console slot short of what I want in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can't wait til my KDF fleet gets to T5 to get the fleet version of the Hakoona. Love the ship. Tried to stay away from it til then. But, went ahead and T5U'd it anyways. So much fun.

I use the Dual Vector. Either way you go seperating gains +turn and +Power. As it is when upgraded it gets a free Neutronium with stats. And I love to run mine in Guardian mode. Weapon at 100 and in that mode along with a Plasmonic leech I can get other 3 to 75. always fall short in one category when in Assault mode. lol

People gripe about the console not being worth it. Since you lose hull. But, at lvl 55 seperated I still have 60k hull. And don't have the last Mastery unlocked yet (+10% hull) the fleet version would be even better. Not like hull matters much in the ship. Finally got the Shield Absorptive Console and that seems to always keep shields up.

I want the fleet version for the 11th console more then anything. I'm one console slot short of what I want in it.

yeah, I love the ship too. I still haven't upgraded it yet because I have 1 token left and I'm debating on that or the guramba. For a long time I used it as a science ship that can use GW, Doffed TBR, and Warp plasma for awesome CC.