test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flanking bonuses from the Intel specialization

toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
I've unlocked the 5% damage bonus as well as the 5% CrtH and 15% CrtD bonuses on Flanking on my KDF main.

Naturally I was curious if they work. A first observation is whenever Flanking an enemy, the damage floaters now show 'Flank' as they previously only did for raiders. However that doesn't necessarily tell whether the bonuses are applied.

So I went to raid Starbase 234 (or 243 is it?) in Tau Dewa to compare numbers I get from flanking it and from attacking its 'front'. Sadly I've found that on the runs with flanking the starbase, I didn't do any better than on those where I didn't flank it (surprisingly, my crit chance was even lower). Now I've been too lazy to make any significant number of hits, so I can't say if the passives don't work or whether my numbers were just a fluke.

So my question is: Has anyone else been able to show this 'Intel specialization Flanking' works? Has anyone been running some tests?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!