test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We are committing Genocide in the DQ?

vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, as the title says. We are committing Genocide in the DQ? We go back to the DQ to help stabilize, how is it stabilizing when you are killing the number of factions you encounter in the DQ? I thought the federation was against such things? As such, why make the Dyson Sphere the base of operations, why wouldn't the federation create or establish a homeworld to have a federation colony of sorts to sit down and negotiate? I am assuming that at some point they will bring in these varies factions into the federation and Earth is a little far, so why not set up a permanent planet? Perhaps even make the new Talaxian homeworld home to the Federation?
Post edited by vfpfyasko1 on

Comments

• Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How are we committing genocide? And against whom?

On a side note, this is why I play KDF, I don't want to think about the millions I've killed defending myself. They made the choice of attacking me or being at war against my faction.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mondoid wrote: »
    On a side note, this is why I play KDF, I don't want to think about the millions I've killed defending myself. They made the choice of attacking me or being at war against my faction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU

:P
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't see the issue here. All our enemies in the Alpha Quadrant are already dead. We need to kill someone after all, we are Starfleet, ******it ! :D
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    I don't see the issue here. All our enemies in the Alpha Quadrant are already dead. We need to kill someone after all, we are Starfleet, ******it ! :D

lol indeed. Once we're finished cleansing the Delta Quadrant, we still have the Gamma Quadrant and the Dominion to take care of. Once that's done, we have that Iconian gateway to the Andromeda galaxy. A whole new galaxy to exterminate! So exciting! :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Delta Quadrant, and you curse the Federation. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the Vaadwaur's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I already killed 1000+ Vaudwaar & 200+ Vaudwaar Ships (~another 10,000 !?) ...

... I was under the impression there are only 600 left (yeah I know Kobali Prime, unknown number, yadda yadda) ...

... 11,000 / 600 Vaudwaar ... if that's not Genocide, I don't know what is ... :P
    lan451 wrote: »
    A whole new galaxy to exterminate! So exciting! :P

EXTERMINATE ! EXTERMINATE ! ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    "Everything is proceeding just as I've foreseen... MWAHAHAHAHA!"

- Admiral Janeway :D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The just released devblog says there are only about 500 Vaadwaur. You kill them in almost every mission in the DQ. Plus, you kill them in bunches on Kobali.

Won't take to long to make it a genocide.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Did you not play the Argala Patrol? You wipe out an entire fleet of Kazon Raiders, Cruisers, Carriers and their Flagship. You and two Benthen Patrol Ships literally shut down an entire clan of the Kazon.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »

so true starfleet always look to seek out new life and exterminate! to seek out new civilization and wipe them all out! to boldly go where no one has conquered before! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Gheez, i was trying to present a serious question. That was my impression of what is going on in the DQ, i know that we have to defend ourselves but it seems like the overwhelming force seems bit much like going out and finding a fight. As well, this Dyson Sphere and establishing a homeworld location makes alot of sense in bringing these other factions into the federation.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    svindal777 wrote: »
    The just released devblog says there are only about 500 Vaadwaur. You kill them in almost every mission in the DQ. Plus, you kill them in bunches on Kobali.

Dude, a thousand of them bothered me* while doing the first two mission on Kobali Prime. Unless they have a huge cloning facility, use a different math system or I was actually shooting Kobali children who wore Halloween masks, they are already dead, twice over ! :o

*being alive, targetable and carrying loot :D
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ummmm.... we kill tons of npc's regularly, its a game not a simulator. If you want dont omit any report to Starfleet " captains log, done nothing, scanned some nebula and, didn't kill a few thousand alien species, definitely didn't kill anyone or anything.... end captains log ".
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Last Time on Voyager: ((S:6 Ep:9 The Voyager Conspiracy)) lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    Gheez, i was trying to present a serious question. That was my impression of what is going on in the DQ, i know that we have to defend ourselves but it seems like the overwhelming force seems bit much like going out and finding a fight. As well, this Dyson Sphere and establishing a homeworld location makes alot of sense in bringing these other factions into the federation.

The thing is. Most of these stories could of been told without the enormous battle scenes. Everything is a complete contradiction to what it is we were told we were going there to do. Starfleet in most of these situations would of backed off rather then continue on with hostilities. Granted some like the Kazon might of taken that as a sign of weakness. But the with us or against us attitude is just too much.

This is just laziness on Cryptics part. The Expansion wasnt about introducing new storyline. It was about rolling out the Upgrade System, the T6 Ships and T5U. All that nonsense about doing LoR all over again was just blowing smoke up our *****.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    svindal777 wrote: »

the dev blog says:
    Starfleet Intelligence puts their total active numbers at less than 500.

and we all know intelligence organizations never get things wrong.

However people mentioning the 500 number must have not read this part:
    At the time of the Vaadwaur’s discovery, Commander Chakotay speculated that the Vaadwaur might have more caches of stasis tubes with Vaadwaur waiting to be revived, either on the homeworld itself or on other planets. I would like to believe this is not the case.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    wrong, it was 300, this is sparta, get it right! (just kidding lol)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Blood For The Blood God! Skulls For The Skull Throne!........:d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    the dev blog says:

At the time of the Vaadwaur’s discovery, Commander Chakotay speculated that the Vaadwaur might have more caches of stasis tubes with Vaadwaur waiting to be revived, either on the homeworld itself or on other planets. I would like to believe this is not the case.

One of the random vaadwuar intel files you recover from I think the first mission with Romulan Commander "Will get you killed someday" also states this explicitly from the Vaadwuar's point of view. Kobali Prime's twist also makes it reasonable to suppose that its not the only repository in the DQ.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    plox21 wrote: »
    Blood For The Blood God! Skulls For The Skull Throne!........:d

next we will fight the Lich King AND Hellscream on a ground STF, yay

(who the Borg have assimilated) lol!
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    next we will fight the Lich King AND Hellscream on a ground STF, yay

(who the Borg have assimilated) lol!

my dream come true !!!!!!!

love the lich king !!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    the dev blog says:
    Starfleet Intelligence puts their total active numbers at less than 500.

and we all know intelligence organizations never get things wrong.

If that is the case, then how did the Vaadwaur even become as powerful as they did? Did they have help? I cant see the advancements under 30yrs. They had outdated vessels. I dont recall that which Chakotay stated, but ill take your word for it. But still, how do we know how many survived and how many did Voyager find in that cavern?

No doubt about Intel getting it wrong, but i can see fighting the Vaadwaur and them having a grunge to settle but is starfleet condoning this? I know it is game but going forward in the story or otherwise it has and does open alot of unanswered questions if we are assume that the progression of the story will be an affect starfleet coming into the DQ and bringing some order from chaos? That also puts the question, why not establish a homeworld?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    oh, and Darth Vader Will take a Dyson Sphere and rebuild the death star, and then uh, uh, and stuff, look! monsters! open fire!! lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    oh, and Darth Vader Will take a Dyson Sphere and rebuild the death star, and then uh, uh, and stuff, look! monsters! open fire!! lol

stop toying with me :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    stop toying with me :(

i sorry, i hush now :( lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If that is the case, then how did the Vaadwaur even become as powerful as they did? Did they have help? I cant see the advancements under 30yrs. They had outdated vessels. I dont recall that which Chakotay stated, but ill take your word for it. But still, how do we know how many survived and how many did Voyager find in that cavern?

No doubt about Intel getting it wrong, but i can see fighting the Vaadwaur and them having a grunge to settle but is starfleet condoning this? I know it is game but going forward in the story or otherwise it has and does open alot of unanswered questions if we are assume that the progression of the story will be an affect starfleet coming into the DQ and bringing some order from chaos? That also puts the question, why not establish a homeworld?

Or maybe minding our own business as the Prime Directive directs us to do. Granted theres always wiggle room for the Captain to make his own decisions. But to blatantly throw blows with every species we make contact with because X,Y,Z is just laziness.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can look at it in 2 ways...
    1. We are directly interfering in a war we have no business in which could be a violation of the prime directive.
    2. We are cleaning up Voyagers mess out here.

Sadly no 2 seems to be the most likely DELTA ALLIANCE the janitors of the Delta Quadrant. :D
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If that is the case, then how did the Vaadwaur even become as powerful as they did? Did they have help?

Well ... Spoiler Alert ... they might have had help from ... Enemy NP + Enemy IC (you'll figure it out) ... still kind of absurd how this would've happend within 30 years, and why NP or IC basically chose 500 ancient Romans with Crossbows, to conquer the Galaxy ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I am willing to bet that the Vaadwaur had help. They either conquered a species and took their tech or....Iconians. I am sure we'll find out in an upcoming FE. Though it does bother me that shot at me with TOS phaser arrays...or what sounds like them.

we know that 53 vessels escaped in the Voyager episode...if they woke up other Vaads on other planets then they'd have a larger number than what Star Fleet Intel would know about
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.