test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 fleet ships what would you like to see?

aarionpaxaarionpax Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Federation Discussion
So I have been loving the Guardian cruiser so far, its really fun to use, but I still cant help but feel excited for the fleet version, so I was wandering what aspects of the tier 6 fleet variants are you looking forward to the most? For me, I am hoping for an extra costume for the guardian, Maybe a neck that is a little bit lower bringing the saucer section more in line with the Nacelles and maybe even a 3rd Nacelle similar to the Galaxy Dreadnaught or a slightly more rounded hull to look a little more like the Ambassador, even a more rounded saucer section would be an awesome edition, I am a sucker for ship customization. :)
Post edited by aarionpax on

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, if we go by past Cryptic behavior, Fleet T6 versions will just have the standard deal of improved shield / hull mods, +1 console, mainly. Also making use of the Fleet skin.

Once these come out, it will essentially nail the coffin on T5u competitiveness. Then again, T6 Lockbox / Lobi are already here but are on a more limited scope. Once Fleet T6 come out, the floodgates are going to open. The last advantage of T5u of the extra console will be no more.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, if we go by past Cryptic behavior, Fleet T6 versions will just have the standard deal of improved shield / hull mods, +1 console, mainly. Also making use of the Fleet skin.

Pretty much this..

Once these come out, it will essentially nail the coffin on T5u competitiveness. Then again, T6 Lockbox / Lobi are already here but are on a more limited scope. Once Fleet T6 come out, the floodgates are going to open. The last advantage of T5u of the extra console will be no more.

Fleet T5U were not supposed to be the panicle of ships... they said competitive and right now they are better then base T6 ships. Also you can get T6 traits and uses them with Fleet T5u so even when fleet t6 get here it not like they have this super advantage over fleet t5u
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kelshando wrote: »
    Fleet T5U were not supposed to be the panicle of ships... they said competitive and right now they are better then base T6 ships. Also you can get T6 traits and uses them with Fleet T5u so even when fleet t6 get here it not like they have this super advantage over fleet t5u

t6s have +1 boff ability slot, which can even be more useful than a +1 console slot, and they also have acces to intel abilites. once t6 boats get their +1 console, they'll be superior in every aspect. not by much, but still.

so t5-u won't be obselete, but they won't be equally strong as t6 and the definitely won't be stronger (generally speaking ofc).
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • aarionpaxaarionpax Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I still enjoy my tier 5 ships, I am still just as eager as ever to eventually get my fleet T5U assault cruiser once our starbase hits tier 5, I know it wont be as good as tier 6 ships or even fleet tier 6 but I am sure I will enjoy using my fleet T5U ship with some decent gear on it none the less.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    T6 Odyssey class battleship. (Fleet)

Tier: 6
    Type: Cruiser
    Hull: 64,000
    Shield Modifier: 1.25
    Weapons: Fore 4 Aft 4
    Crew: 2,000
    Bridge Officers:
    Lt Uni slot
    Commander Tactical slot
    Lt Tactical slot
    Commander Engineer slot
    Lt Engieer slot
    Device Slots: 4
    Consoles:
    Console tac: 4
    Console eng: 4
    Console sci: 4
    Turn Rate: 7
    Impulse Modifier: 0.15
    Inertia rating: 20
    Bonus Power:
    +20 shield power
    +10 auxiliary power
    Cost: 350,000 Fleet Credits and 4 fleet ship modules

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »

Bridge Officers:
    Lt Uni slot
    Commander Tactical slot
    Lt Tactical slot
    Commander Engineer slot
    Lt Engieer slot
    Consoles:
    Console sci: 4
    Bonus Power:
    +20 shield power
    +10 auxiliary power

2 commander slots? 12 consoles? +30 overall power? not gonna happen. ever.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • dw1178dw1178 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wanna see something like the Nemesis film Sovereign refit or something a long the lines of the Legacy class as the next step for the assault cruiser line.

http://galen82.deviantart.com/art/Legacy-Class-Poster-sample-147104346

Maybe get both... and the sovereign get a make over like the intrepid did.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    2 commander slots? 12 consoles? +30 overall power? not gonna happen. ever.

Alright, let's haggle! :p

Bridge Officers:
    Lt Uni slot
    Commander Tactical slot
    Lt Tactical slot
    Lt com Engineer slot
    Lt Engieer slot
    Consoles:
    Console sci: 3
    Bonus Power:
    +10 shield power
    +10 auxiliary power

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like the T6 ships to be all brand new canon-esque ships without going back to the Excelsior, Galaxy or Defiant. Something like the Guardian...which has Galaxy and Ambassador cues but isn't those ships.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • arkatdtarkatdt Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The question is: Will a T6 Fleet ship require a Tier 6 shipyard? So far there has been a different Tier shipyard for every level of ship. So it will take time to get the Tier 6 shipyard.
    edited October 2014
    arkatdt wrote: »
    The question is: Will a T6 Fleet ship require a Tier 6 shipyard? So far there has been a different Tier shipyard for every level of ship. So it will take time to get the Tier 6 shipyard.

I don't think T6 fleet ships are right around the corner like some people do. I don't think they are done releasing T6's yet.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    I don't think T6 fleet ships are right around the corner like some people do. I don't think they are done releasing T6's yet.

They can grab the money faster if they patch in T6 fleet ships ASAP. My guess is it won't be thru a T6 fleet shipyard either, they'll go right for the throat and sell them outright via the z-store.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    They can grab the money faster if they patch in T6 fleet ships ASAP. My guess is it won't be thru a T6 fleet shipyard either, they'll go right for the throat and sell them outright via the z-store.

I don't see it.

If Fleet T6's come next month people who bought T6's will feel slighted because their new purchase is now obsolete
    People on the fence about buying a T6 will save their money...how soon will T7's roll around?
    People who upgraded T5U's and those who refuse will either chose to continue using their ships, get the new tier of ship or quit.

I don't see Cryptic winning if Fleet T6's come sooner than later
    Your pain runs deep.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I personally hope to see T6 Odysseys, T6 Vestas, T6 Avenger, T6 Scimitars, T6 Mogh, and T6 Bortesqu' ships as Fleet variants, capable of using their T5 consoles, and also being discounted to 1 Fleet Mod if you own the C-Store ships. In addition to the Fleet variants of the current DR pack ships.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think my main concern is what T6 ships there will be. If they redo all of the T5 ships and expect people to buy them for $30 a pop, then I'm going to be very, very unhappy with all of what I have invested in T5 becoming absolutely useless. If they manage to start adding more new Trek ships and not the abominations that PWE come up with, then I might be interested. I am still waiting on a Warship Intrepid and T6 seems to be a good place to release such a ship.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • papesh1papesh1 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For us who have a T5 Odyssey they should have a variant upgrade to T6. Make it look sleeker or something. Bring the hull/neck back to something more canon. Make it better than the guardian in stats. It is a physically bigger hull for one.

This is the same class as the flagship of the fleet so I am sure Starfleet would do a refit or upgrade to bring it up to par. Can't let the Enterprise fall behind...otherwise it is time to build a new class.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A T6 Sci ship that is sorta based on the Vesta stat wise would be awesome, or heck a decent T6 Sci ship in general would be great.