test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Advanced is just like the old Elite!"

2»

Comments

• miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ya'll stupid if you think advanced is the same as elite, especially now that some missions got changed entirely

if I wanted some quick omega marks I would run ISE, you could still fail the optional sometimes but it was good for marks

Now they amped up every enemy's HP by a ton AND they changed the mission so that the optional is now a requirement. I have yet to be on a team that actually destroys the first generator, it always gets repaired then explodes and mission failure.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've not bothered with any queues since DR went live to be honest. All I'm running atm is Borg Disconnected (normal), Bug Hunt (advanced) and the occasional Undine Infiltration (because it's TRIBBLE easy + quick).

Fleet alert, pointless.

Old Borg STF's? Take bloody ages for pants rewards.

They're simply not worth my time. If Cryptic want to turn this game into a job, then go ahead but I won't be around to see it. Not only that but there are such an insane amount of time gated content things can get really boring. Crafting? 20 hours for basic projects, rep... 20 hours... complete a queued event? 30 minute CD.

I mean christ, in EVE Online which is known to be pretty hardcore at times at least if I want to I can go venturing into the depths of Null sec to go make a fortune from Relic/Data/Ghost sites. Then if I want I can switch to my main and go roam with some friends and get some juicy kill mails. In STO, I'm just sat around waiting for the next f**king timer to end so I can actually... you know... PLAY the game.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just managed to beat CSA, here's a tip, ignore the Kang until the end.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • rake0321rake0321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thoroughly enjoy the new difficulty settings. So what if they made it harder? As it was before you could zip through Elite without a healer, without a tank, maybe a sic recluse to up the DPS for the channel.

However, now it is more appropriate to build a group based on players skill sets and class. Like its been said, it now requires planning and teamwork. I think the hardest hit will be the PUG groups. Those never end well. It should however, bring fleet members closer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]