test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

equest regarding Delta Rising changes to KDF ship materials

toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
While I appreciate the (small) changes and updates to KDF Klingon ship materials Type 0, Type 1 and Type 2, I'm very disappointed at the changes made to the brand new Type 3 material.

This Type 3 material was released recently on (i believe) all Klingon C-store vessels. It is a rather reflective material that most importantly for me, came with a dark, vivid red glow for some parts of the ship (vents, deflectors, nacelles, engines) combined with a dark orange used typically closer to the rear of the vessel instead. Here is an example:
Mogh_type_3.jpg
Sadly I now realise I didn't take nice enough pictures back in the day to show the differences more clearly. However notice the further nacelle glows.

Now however, this Type 3 material only uses dark red glows. In case of the Mogh, the Type 3 ends up being very similar to the Mogh specific material that also only uses dark red for glows.
Mogh_type_3_new.jpg

Now my request is therefore logical: Could we revert to the previous, pre-Delta Rising Type 3 material? Or else add it as another option?

(Since I mentioned changes to Type 0, 1 and 2 as well, know that those have also have their 'glows' changed. Type 0 and 2 use light red and yellow, Type 1 uses slightly darker red and light orange. Type 1 is now, when it comes to 'glows' a lighter version of previous Type 3. I also believe some colour changes on the hulls may have been made, but haven't looked carefully enough to be certain.)

EDIT: Added pic of current Type 3. Btw sorry for the thread title typo. I have a long standing love and hate relation with my shift key.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!