test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i've never seen a mis management of stuff since bethesda

mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
title says it all

this game has now gone the same way in management as bethesda and maddoc managed star trek legacy....

as of this moment i have cancelled my gold subscription and the only ONLY time i will play thie piece of **** now is if my friends wanna collaborate on an element..

this game aint worth the TIME... MONEY OR Headache

thankyou current cryptic administration for yet again kicking STAR trek as a gaming franchise in the danged TEETH!

END OF LINE!

as of also the morrow i will be closing my forum account also (get the digs in fan bois while you can.. its your lst opportunity) especilally since according to askray this is a (laugh) "PRIVATE" forum...

ciao

#GAMEOVER STO
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sorry to see you go
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey, Bethesda has a few good games under its belt. That's more than can be said for PWE.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You seem very angry.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heh, not a chance, STO is in nowhere as bad shape as Star Trek legacy. :rolleyes:

Legacy barely even had working Multiplayer and pretty much recieved no support or polishing post-release.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heh, not a chance, STO is in nowhere as bad shape as Star Trek legacy. :rolleyes:

Legacy barely even had working Multiplayer and pretty much recieved no support or polishing post-release.

really, that's the best you got?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah it's going downhill, but Whatever. STO isn't perfect. It continues to get worse and worse and worse... (and nearly dead if you're KDF)

Aye some parts of it is still fun. I enjoy the dyson battle zone a lot. Sorry you're leaving, but I understand why.

Having fun seems to be the hard part... LOL
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You call this game polished? It might not look like a DOOM game. But the balance of this game has never been fixed. 5 years in and the only manner of competing in PvE or PvP is DPS output. Cryptic has decided instead of fixing the balance theyll focus on releasing Tactical oriented Cruisers and Science Ships.

Heck Five years going Ive had trouble getting my abilities bar to properly activate when pressed. Im constantly losing valuable seconds having to reactivate a button that should of went off the first time. But yeah...Its polished.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Yeah it's going downhill, but Whatever. STO isn't perfect. It continues to get worse and worse and worse... (and nearly dead if you're KDF)

Aye some parts of it is still fun. I enjoy the dyson battle zone a lot. Sorry you're leaving, but I understand why.

Having fun seems to be the hard part... LOL

what you said I can agree with it, I'm starting to have a very very hard time to have fun still.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • jujuexjujuex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought this game would have some more items than just add more 10 levels. There is not enough missions to get to level 60. I have to add my powers to the bar everytime I chance sector space and missions. When is this game going to improve?
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sorry to see you, or anybody else like you, go. Don't let the hatch hit you on the way out.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    I'm not sorry to see you, or anybody else like you, go. Don't let the hatch hit you on the way out.

I can second this sentiment. In spades.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am feeling the same as you at the moment. Cryptic really botched this one. All the issue should have been resolved on Tribble before moving to Holodeck. As a programmer myself I find that they need to rework their development lifecycle and how they catch and resolve bugs. Holodeck should NOT be treated as the beta server, especially when they have a beta server for this purpose.

I am disheartened about the game and do not have the desire to play at the moment.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well someone didn't play WAR. The only MMO I know of that opened with a fan fair, lost a lot of of its' subscribers in less than a year, got mothballed and then finally shut down. All this in about 4-5 years.

Unfortunately, like as happended in WAR, there seems to be a lack of interest or even ability to fix bugs whether they are pointed out during testing or even in the live game. However I am not sure if that is from the development team or their lords and masters pressuring them to get things done and not letting them take the time needed to sort out bugs.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    title says it all

this game has now gone the same way in management as bethesda and maddoc managed star trek legacy....

as of this moment i have cancelled my gold subscription and the only ONLY time i will play thie piece of **** now is if my friends wanna collaborate on an element..

thankyou current cryptic administration for yet again kicking STAR trek as a gaming franchise in the danged TEETH!

END OF LINE!

as of also the morrow i will be closing my forum account also (get the digs in fan bois while you can.. its your lst opportunity) especilally since according to askray this is a (laugh) "PRIVATE" forum...

ciao

#GAMEOVER STO

i quit threads are not allowed. gonna report it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rhylethxrhylethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You should wait untill next season to quit.
    I hear next season, bug fixes will be available in lock-boxes.

Most will have 4 lobi crystals in them. But you get a 5% chance per box of finding a bug fix.

SO that just goes to show you that cryptic IS listening to the player base, right?
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    title says it all

END OF LINE!

ciao

#GAMEOVER STO

I'm sorry that you feel this way. But I completely understand where your coming from. Personally I cancelled my gold subscription at the end of September because I didn't agree with the changes, many I still consider were unnecessary that were made to the game. But may I point to out that by quitting your playing right into cryptics hands, as in they seem intent of driving away the experienced player base in favor of fresh meat/Whales .
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    Hey, Bethesda has a few good games under its belt. That's more than can be said for PWE.

100% agree The Elder Scrolls is my top favorite games from them

oh ya Star Trek Legacy Developers = Mad Doc Software as cryptic is the dev of sto and this Star Trek Legacy Publishers = Bethesda Softworks like PWE is to sto
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm certainly not sorry to see you go.

Bye we won't miss you, don't call us we'll call you.

No actually no we won't
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bethseda had to do a day 1 patch for legacy to fix multiplayer, then it took a while for fix 'various issues' whatever they were then abandoned the game after a month or so. What was worst for me was my pc had died so waited and got myself the new VIsta only to find Bethseda hadn't coded for it to work on the new framework (something like that), this being a game that was a few months from a new OS coming out! Never did get it work after that and can't say I miss it.

Cryptic isn't that bad but their practice isn't consumer friendly. I've had the chance to speak to someone who told me a bit about what it's like on their end and suggested it would help if Crypticv were a bit transparent and open as to what happens though this is difficult as to how as they don't want to give away stuff to competitors...fair enough but something would help.

This ethos of 'get it out the door as long as it works (and doesn't affect our profit margin I might add) means that things like balancing are woefully neglected, accoaldes and other incentives that may seem small are just abandoned and over time it gets to the point where they've been in so long it's not profitable to deal with them so they get left forever. As more work gets done more cracks and bugs form and we've simply never ever had a time where they systematically spend time on working out the problems. Someone may use the term a polished TRIBBLE is stil la TRIBBLE and that's somewhat a good analogy and have sadly given up on giving my feedback to Cryptic becauase it seems they don't have anyone that can work on it.

With DR I'm questioning whether I can cope with 4 focused chracters now. This means I'm likely to spend less time in game rather than more because while I do have more stuff to do for 1 chracter I actually spend less overall because I don't have time to work on the other 3 sufficiently and also spend money on the other 2 factions which I otherwise normally would.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bethseda had to do a day 1 patch for legacy to fix multiplayer, then it took a while for fix 'various issues' whatever they were then abandoned the game after a month or so. What was worst for me was my pc had died so waited and got myself the new VIsta only to find Bethseda hadn't coded for it to work on the new framework (something like that), this being a game that was a few months from a new OS coming out! Never did get it work after that and can't say I miss it.

Cryptic isn't that bad but their practice isn't consumer friendly. I've had the chance to speak to someone who told me a bit about what it's like on their end and suggested it would help if Crypticv were a bit transparent and open as to what happens though this is difficult as to how as they don't want to give away stuff to competitors...fair enough but something would help.

This ethos of 'get it out the door as long as it works (and doesn't affect our profit margin I might add) means that things like balancing are woefully neglected, accoaldes and other incentives that may seem small are just abandoned and over time it gets to the point where they've been in so long it's not profitable to deal with them so they get left forever. As more work gets done more cracks and bugs form and we've simply never ever had a time where they systematically spend time on working out the problems. Someone may use the term a polished TRIBBLE is stil la TRIBBLE and that's somewhat a good analogy and have sadly given up on giving my feedback to Cryptic becauase it seems they don't have anyone that can work on it.

With DR I'm questioning whether I can cope with 4 focused chracters now. This means I'm likely to spend less time in game rather than more because while I do have more stuff to do for 1 chracter I actually spend less overall because I don't have time to work on the other 3 sufficiently and also spend money on the other 2 factions which I otherwise normally would.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Legacy

Star Trek Legacy Developers = Mad Doc Software as cryptic is the dev of sto and this Star Trek Legacy Publishers = Bethesda Softworks like PWE is to sto
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Keep making that mistake :P. The title threw me.
  • chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Unlike some of the targs in this thread, I am sorry to see you go. Just like I'm sorry Cryptic couldn't do anything about the PWEfication of STO. I won't be sorry when I finally quit out of frustration, though. But they actually want me to quit, I'm LTS.
    ~Megamind@Sobekeus
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rhylethx wrote: »
    You should wait untill next season to quit.
    I hear next season, bug fixes will be available in lock-boxes.

Most will have 4 lobi crystals in them. But you get a 5% chance per box of finding a bug fix.

SO that just goes to show you that cryptic IS listening to the player base, right?

i believe these where available since LoR lol :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did Bethesda TRIBBLE up worse than PGI?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i forgot, can i haz ur stuffs?
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »

Pretty sure he's referring to the bugs, glitches, and freezes that accompany every bethesda game that releases. As for pwe and cryptic, at least they had a really good game going for a few years. Hopefully they'll be able to fix everything and make it fun again.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    title says it all
    #GAMEOVER STO

Private Hudson? Is that you?