Install Arc
Options

Wow Cryptic stuck at lvl 52

2»

Comments

• Options
    glorthoxglorthox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm lvl 60+10 and haven't done a story mission yet after the first one. Japori System Patrol on Elite FTW. Have eight ships fully mastered as well.

I am curious on how. What ship did you use and what weapons, plus consoles. Sometimes normal proves to be extreme, what makes Japori ok to do at elite levels?

In the end, what is there to do at 60 for the typical F2P'er? STF's have become so hard to do now and that is the only way to get the ancient power cells in order to craft the new things. And the rewards from patrols and story missions have become so lackluster.

I guess I am still trying to understand what is the point of this expansion.
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More to the point; how many times did you have to repeat that system patrol?

Grinding like that should not be such an early part of the expansion. Yes, maybe slow us down a little the closer we get to the end of the storyline to add tension.

But all you're doing is timegating the actual story. It may work for TV (to be continued....), but it sure as hell won't work for small attention span gamers. There are plenty of other games out there that will give them the reward they are looking for.

Cheers!
  • Options
    bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I struggle enough as it is sometimes with completing missions on the default difficulty setting, increasing that to Elite is just not feasible.
    I'm simply not equipped to to handle missions on that level solo, and I dont have the resources to upgrade all my equipment or purchase new.
    I would get too frustrated to complete even a single mission, and are far more likely to just ragequit if I were to do that.

I have been looking into DOFFing as some here suggested, and I find myself at a complete loss to understand how people can claim that DOFFing will help.

Most DOFF missions takes hours to complete with a minimal amount of XP/SP gain.
    The shortest I saw took 2 hours to complete and gives a mere 72 XP.
    The DOFF missions that would actually give a reasonable amount of XP takes days to complete.
    Longest DOFF mission I have seen are listed to take no less than 72 hours to complete, and still it only gives 673 XP.
    Most DOFF missions takes 1-3 hours to complete and gives between 56-109 XP, any higher missions takes anywhere from 8 to 72 hours to complete and the gain per hour is actually less than the lower ones.

Its easier and far more gain to be had from grinding STFs and patrol missions than doing any kind of DOFFing, so I may as well continue with the boring and repetitive grinding just to get the next level so I can continue the story.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I struggle enough as it is sometimes with completing missions on the default difficulty setting, increasing that to Elite is just not feasible.
    I'm simply not equipped to to handle missions on that level solo, and I dont have the resources to upgrade all my equipment or purchase new.
    I would get too frustrated to complete even a single mission, and are far more likely to just ragequit if I were to do that.

Don't even bother with Elite in the DQ ... it's not worth it ... effort/time ratio is way better in Tau Dewa i.E. ... I'm struggling as well with Elite Missions in the DQ ... rushing through Tau Dewa Patrols within 5 minutes on the other hand
    I have been looking into DOFFing as some here suggested, and I find myself at a complete loss to understand how people can claim that DOFFing will help.

The shortest I saw took 2 hours to complete and gives a mere 72 XP.
    The DOFF missions that would actually give a reasonable amount of XP takes days to complete.
    Longest DOFF mission I have seen are listed to take no less than 72 hours to complete, and still it only gives 673 XP.
    Most DOFF missions takes 1-3 hours to complete and gives between 56-109 XP, any higher missions takes anywhere from 8 to 72 hours to complete and the gain per hour is actually less than the lower ones.

Its easier and far more gain to be had from grinding STFs and patrol missions than doing any kind of DOFFing, so I may as well continue with the boring and repetitive grinding just to get the next level so I can continue the story.

Yeah ... even if you crit on Doff Missions all the time ... it'll probaly take ~2-4 weeks to Level Up ... -> something I'll do with my Alts, though ... because I'd rather take a suicide pill, before shootin another 1000 Ships in Tau Dewa or shootin the next 1000 5x waves in the DQ ...

PS : Don't worry it'll get worse :P ... I'm now Lvl 57 and have to grind 3/4 of this Lvl, to get the next Level ... which will only give me the next 5x Shoot 5 Waves Patrol Wrapper Mission, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to grind through Lvl 58 as well, to get the final Story Missions at 59 ... and tbh I'll probably stop half-way through 59, because what's the point of getting to 60, if there's nothing else to do .... already maxed out several KDF Chars, just through PVP ... so I think I already suffered enough :P

PPS : Why does every Episode-Replay only reward 700 XP ... that's shootin O N E Ship on Elite ... if you can't manage to provide enough content from 50-60 ... at least let us (re-)play stuff, that's already there
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    What's the rush peeps?

see Post #23 (-37) ...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You will be doing that at endgame too. Waves after waves dps zerging is endgame in sto.

Yeah some crazy people expected actual Story Content to lvl up ... like from 1-50, or something like "Legacy of Romulus" ...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I feel for you. I'm guessing cryptic got tired of players blowing through the story content so fast. They want to delay content drought as much as possible and want those sweet cheeks in them seats lmao.;)

Well Newsflash : It's still a contet drought, if you have nothing to do from Lvl 51,5-52 / 52,5-53 and so on .... :P
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The blue side of things generally has story to spare if xp wasn't reduced so drastically to slow things down. I am pretty confident reward scales will change after a VERY short time when Cryptic realises the implications of their choices. The main thing here is financial as what they have done is gate peoples need to go to the store. Right now it takes pretty much forever to level a ship to T5 to get the starship trait and that will slow peoples impulse buys to get another ship and try it out. Bottom line affected = xp nerf reversal.

I would expect the next update to realign the story to give a better progression from 1-60 using story missions alone with minimal grind (maybe 1 or 2 patrols expected per level)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    purvee1 wrote: »
    I just hit one of those operational pauses. I grinded up to Lvl 53 earlier and now for the new missions!

It gave me two bars on the EXP bar, and then I'm told to sod off until level 54.

I'm now standing outside the generals office on Kobali prime, and the plaza is crowded. I can see about 6 other captains all standing around with guns drawn and a "well what the hell do I do now?" air about them. I don't think anyone expected this.

This is where i am now. And its really a sleazy way to try and get people to buy xp boost. So i think i'm going to forget about this new content for awhile. Maybe go play something else.
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The trick is to do the chained assignments. These give big XP/SP boosts, but take time and resources. Though, I'm still not condoning having to do this to level.
    You will be doing that at endgame too. Waves after waves dps zerging is endgame in sto.
    That's the point. We will end up grinding like mofos once we hit endgame anyway. Why should we do it for actual content?

Lets say, you have a favourite band and they're playing at a local club. The entrance admission is either a flat entrance fee or a 2-3 drink minimum. So you pay one or the other and come to listen to the band. They play 3 numbers and stop at which point the manager comes on stage and tells you that to hear more new songs, you'll have to buy another few drinks, otherwise the band will keep playing these same 3 songs over and over again.

However, there is another option if you don't want to pay more money. You can either go into the kitchens or toilets and work there for tips and eventually you'll get enough for the band to play more new songs. Why are they doing this? Because of the guys sneaking in through the toilet window ;).

Entertainment is entertainment. This expansion is not entertaining; it's frustrating. I think Cryptic/PWE forgot that the gaming industry is part of the entertainment industry.

Cheers!