test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

struggling with "Alliences"

walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
Is there any trick to beating the Holographic Voth ship on the doctors part of the mission? That thing just wrecks me. I can't even damage a shield face and I get destroyed in 3 seconds. Anyone else struggling with this?
sstosig2.png
Post edited by walligig on

Comments

• Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't go toe to toe with it, do a bit of damage, run, repeat till your bored, and it's dead.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Unfortunately I can't seem to do any damage. The most I can do is get a shield face to turn yellow before I either loose to much hull and have to retreat or die.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had problems with with this mission calling in fleet support helped grav well and my plas torps kilked it in the end keep moving doing attack runs on it
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    masternecromanmasternecroman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Exit the mission;

Press Escape;

Select ""Normal" under Difficulty drop down menu;

Click Apply;

Reenter the mission.

I will tend to do this in almost all Delta Missions since they all revolve around dealing with 5 waves of enemies with high health, seriously worst Episode so far.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I completely forgot about fleet support. Thanks, I'll try it.

My Difficulty is already on normal.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hoe much experience do you have with the Voth in general?

It sounds like you're falling prey to their stupid reflective shields gimmick. The best way to handle it is to stop firing when they activate it and fly to the other side of the voth ship and return fire. You can see which side has the shield by looking for a glowing wedge.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like dropping an aceton asimilator and then back off they usually shoot the pee pee out of it hurtung themselves in the process.

But yeah when they TRIBBLE out the reflective sheidl wheres its like a orange wedge? go behind that and pew pew pew.

and when in doubt hit and run if you can get a excelsior retrofit those are good cause you can spam shiedl heals if your boff skills are set right.

though idk about now with DRs new dificulty settings :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I had pretty much no experience dealing with the Voth. Once I realized the shield thing I turned auto fire off for that fight, but Gravity Well is what was really getting me. I beat it though. I called in a Hapaax and let it do most of the work. Once it died I just finished it off with Romulan Plasma cannons.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I've had to drop the mission difficulty down a notch from elite. Elite was just taking too damned long.