test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Kar'Fi T5U

synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Ok, Just maybe some advice from those that fly it as to what builds your using. Always liked the ship and am Considering using my extra Upgrade token on it.
I'm already set up in the Fleet Corsair and love it, but honestly feels too tanky. just hardly ever need to hit the many heals, like at all.

But love the Grav well+Pets thing. And the kar'fi is great for it. Prob I have is surviving. lol
Before Patch my Fleet kar'Fi was doing 16K in ISE. But sometimes I pop.
In an engineer toon.

With only 2 Engineer boff slots it creates a prob I don't have in other ships. That safe area constantly Cycling EPTW/EPTS. Do this in the kar'Fi and you find yourself with only Hazzard Emmiters and Captain skills as hull healing.
I see the Masteries look great. Pet Buff, Hull and Shield +10%, and that Damage Reduction to shields.

So do you cycle EPTW/EPTS? My prob was I seem to always be the head of Aggro in pugs, and Desperatley had to switch one of the powers to Engineering team to stay alive. Between that and Miracle Worker, etc.

I used to pug a lot, maybe that's my prob, but I like how in my other toons I could pug, pull all agro and still live carrying the team. lol
Don't see that happening in the current state of game.

Sci Team, Hazzard II, Grav 1, Grav 3.
Polarize Hull 1
(And thought about swapping out a Grav 1 for Transfer shield III to help.)
Engineering Team, EPTS II
FAW,Beta
TT,Beta,Faw 3

Any Advice welcome. Just don't like feeling so squishy in it. lol
Really wish it had 3 Engineer Boff slots. EPTS,EPTW, AuxtoSIF would rock in this thing. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by synthiasuicide on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My boff setup is almost the same as yours, only with a TBR2 instead of the GW1, then the EPTW1+EPTS2 combo plus damage control engineers, and likewise using an Eng captain to make up for the lack of durability. Honestly I've never really had a survivability problem, but maybe thats a playstyle thing. I try to stand off rather than get in the middle of a fight, GW to bunch targets up for my Fer'jais, TBR and Aceton Assimilator for anyone who gets too close.

What engine/deflector/shield you using?
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fleet Karfi pugboat (using it like this for a long time). Upped it to t5u on Delirium Rising release.
    Currently lv 55.

Tac Captain (fat male Orion)

3+2 tac:
    tac team, rapid fire, scatter
    high yield, attack pattern beta
    4+1 sci:
    polarize hull, hazard emitters, sci team, grav well
    tractor beam
    2 eng
    epts, epts

ancient borg set mk xi (got it before season 7), borg console, obelisk core, leech, fleet neutronium +turn, enhaced power whatzit (from t1 bop), romulan console,
    4 green mk 12 AP boosters, karfi console, blue mk 13 field generator (sci)

omega torp, 2 fleet acc x2 AP dhc, wide arc dhc mk 13 (or 3rd fleet one)
    cutting beam, fleet acc x2 AP turret, AP omni beam from obelisk set

devices: subspace modulator, deuterium, engine battery

doffs (all purple): 2 conn (tac team), 2 deflector, warp core (power on eptx), astrometrics (grav well)

romulan +crth trait, dyson +crtd trait, nukara shield pen, omega shield regen

notable traits: precise, wing commander

nausicaan bridge crew

elite fer'jais (when there is lots of spam around), elite swarmers (for basically everything else)

Note the two tractors - if I see that borg HY, I just grab it.

Does tad over 10k in old ISE (as I was told numerous times by ppl with CLR), 12-13k on a good day. Don't really want to change it, I like it how it is - tough enough (died only when chatting and not paying attention) and fun to fly. Now it will be not enough, but given how the game is nowadays...
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok, first up, the Upgrade is different then the Doc, so they musta changed it. It's now just like the Jem Dread. Instead of -5% shield damage, its got the +10% Energy/Kinetic Damage.

I upgraded it, Gonna level it after work, Maybe try the Solanea Set for the Structure leech.
    Go back to the EPTS/EPTW combo with DCE's.
    Guess Remove one of the Sci Embassy Consoles for the Phase Generator for if things go bad. lol

Post later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would get a repair platform from the varanus. It can be slotted on any ship now and was given away free a few months back. It's healing scales a lot with your level and at level 51 its almost double what it was before. Mine has been healing me for over 1500 per tic. That would take care of a lot of your hull healing problems and let you focus on shield healing.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,647 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    An idea that I found worked fairly well on my Fleet Kar'fi (I have a Narcine now, though):

Engineering Team I DOffed down to global (15sec, same as a single copy of Aux2SIF), with the passive regen from the Hull Repair skill from those DOffs as a fair hull heal over time on top of the burst heal. Aux2Damps I with the extend duration DOff giving it a fair bit of turn and ability to get out of holds and gives Energy and Kinetic resist too (Kinetic from the BOff ability, Energy resist from DOff when used).

Shield healing via 2x Sci Team ( rank I and III).

Two hangars should make up for the lack of EPtW in the build, IMO.

My full build:
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=karfis95_5175

Continuing the ideas into the current game:
    A fair bit of stuff in the Intel Specialization Tree helps with tanking, if you can manage to pry yourself away from the Pilot Tree for a bit (and even that has some tanky stuff!). Lose a shield Facing and get damage resist and shield heals from the Intel tree would patch a fair bit of the taking troubles I had with the Kar'fi. The extra Eng slot for the T5-U leaves room for another [HullHP] Neutronium or the Delta Rep console (extra shield cap, more power, 7% reduction on BOff cooldowns for more heals), and the Delta Rep trait for more turnrate at T2 is basically a RCS you don't have to slot in Engineering consoles (more room for Tanky consoles).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, the Intel heads up was nice. Hardly looked into it.

And yeah I doffed Engineering Team. That's enough right there. Still sucks being so used to Chaining EPTX skills.

I did put the Repair Platform, but never messed with it before, Not even sure how much its doing. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok, first up, the Upgrade is different then the Doc, so they musta changed it. It's now just like the Jem Dread. Instead of -5% shield damage, its got the +10% Energy/Kinetic Damage.

I upgraded it, Gonna level it after work, Maybe try the Solanea Set for the Structure leech.
    Go back to the EPTS/EPTW combo with DCE's.
    Guess Remove one of the Sci Embassy Consoles for the Phase Generator for if things go bad. lol

Post later.

thanks for the heads up, changed the doc
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Sci Team, Hazzard II, TSS 3, Grav 3.
    Polarize Hull 1
    Engineering Team, EPTS II
    FAW,Beta
    TT,Faw,Omega

That's my final setup I think. The ship feels amazing. Running all Plasma beams.

Neut, Assimilated Mod, Zero Point,
    Plas leech, 3 Embassy Sci
    4 Vulnerability Plasma

Making it basically a 5 tac console Carrier with 7 weapons and 2 Hangers.
    The Starship masteries are awesome, Started buying into Intelligence Specializations.
    The ship performs great and doesn't feel the slightest bit squishy anymore.

Haven't got the last Passive yet, but that's just more shield cushion. Hell already at about 14k shields. Running Fleet Core(amp), Nukara Shield and Engine, Haven't fully decided on Deflector, but got Solanae on it now. More shield and Particle gen.

Actually just bought the Plasmonic leech because I wanted more power. Since I'm not chaining EPTX on this toon. Anyways, so glad I made the T5U upgrade to this ship. Now to finally get Elite Fer'Jai I guess. Elite scorps are great. But, the Kar'fi pets all flaming makes a nice Visual sight. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Dr has made the kar'Fi come alive to me. Like it more then my jem Dread at this point.

Got a question though.

Elite Fer'Jai or Elite Scorps?

Already running 2 Elite Scorps. I have advanced Fer'jai and wasn't very happy with them. Didn't seem to do enough. But, It's been along time, Like a year ago. and I didn't parse anything back then. maybe they did more then I realized. It's just with popping Grav wells, and seeing all the Heavy Plasma Torps tearing things up with the Elite Scorps, it's awesome.

Are the Elite Fer'Jai that good? I'd love to have a wing of FerJai and a wing of Skul Fighters simply because the visual of all them pets on fire and such, but elite Scorps are badass. And just not sure on spending Fleet Cred on Elite kar'Fi pets just to lose overall damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    helgmornhelgmorn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tactical Gorn, Ugly as sin!

Tact 1, Beta 1, Scatter Volley 2
    Tact 1, Scatter Volley 1
    EPS 1, ET 2
    SCi Team 1, HE 2, Tyken 2, GW 2
    Polarize Hull 1

2 xPolarized Disruptor Cannon, 2 x Polarized Disruptor Dual Cannon,
    3 x Disruptor Turret

All MK XII VR - CLR shows me that this is a better set-up for my build than Dual Heavy, extra arc and faster fire rate is better than the extra damage, I have tested all single cannons, dual and dual heavy upfront, 2 single and 2 dual is max dps surprisingly over 10 run average.

Eng- Fleet RCS Acclerator +10 Damage resist Kin/En 40% Flight Turn MK XI
    Eng- 2x Fleet Enhanced Neutronium Alloy, =20 Damage resist Kin/En +10 Starship Hull Mk XI

Sci- Fleet Flow Cap - Threat decrease 60% - 30 Flow Cap - 2.5% Hull Heal 1.316 HP MK XI UR
    Sci- Fleet Part gen - Threat decrease 60% - 30 Particle Gen - 2.5% Hull Heal 1.234 HP MK X UR
    Sci- Field Generator - 17.5% Shield HP MKX1 Blue (Next to work on)
    Console Plasmonic Leech - -2.5 power to target + 2.5 power to ship, per weapon fire stack x8

Tact - 4 x Vun Locator Disruptor - 33.8% Disruptor Damage 1.7% Crit Chance MK XIII UR

Deflector - Positron Deflector Hull/Shield/Part/Flow MKXII VR
    Warp Core - Fleet Plasma Warp Core EFF/A-W/ACap/AMP/Trans MXXII UR
    Impulse Dyson- bonus flight turn + flight turn on damage
    Shield Dyson - for cyclical shield bonus.

Hangar Advanced Fer,jar Frigates- Que or Advanced Orion Slavers for Story/patrol

Device Red Cap, Nimbus Pirate, Subspace Filed Mod

Hull at lvl 50 - 64970
    Shields 13413 per face
    Resists Bonus - 63 at full speed
    all damage types over 37.5%
    Bonus ACC 25%
    Crit 13.3%
    Crit Sev 66%

Inertia 25
    Flight Speed 25.04
    Turn 16.6 Deg /sec

This ship is a BEAST.

I am ignoring its defence at the moment and do die one or twice in advanced que (I am pumping well over 22K with Frigates)

This will get better as Specializations are bought, esp the shield facing ones Hide Weakness and
    Automated Reinforcement, with Pilot Eat my Dust tree as well.

This will resolve the damage control issues with this build, allowing me to drop the field gen for another fleet flow cap for better leech reward for MORE POWER to systems = Better DPS/Shield/Eng/Aux

Disruptor weapons, not biggest DPS, but Proc -10 Damage resist helps whole team and with CSV single and dual cannons, fire rate is simply awesome meaning more procs. with added -25 power levels for polaron proc Fire rate also means within first volley, My power levels have shot through the roof due to leech console.

Pre Battle Power
    Wep - 125+/125
    Shi- 61/35
    Eng - 56/30
    Aux - 59/35

After first volley
    Wep -125+ - I notice lowest drop on CSV goes to 119 Wep Power all firing
    Shi - 81/35
    Eng - 76/30
    Aux - 79/35

One more flow cap and weapons will never drop below 125 through cycle :)

Also I am getting +3.5% Damage x4 for each subsystem over 75 power after opening volley, thats 14.5% extra damage :) Gotta love a leech build.

Changes to be made.

Another Flow Cap once specializations done
    Upgrade all gear to MKXIV VR or better
    Get those Scorp Hangars (Rom Rep Ones) for more fun.
    Work on getting more purple doffs
    Work on BO abilities to GW3 (I believe I just need to complete Dyson Rep at T4 at moment)

Sorry for wall of text, wanted to help
  • Options
    heresincebetaheresincebeta Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well my sci KDF is L60 flying the Fleet KarFi 5U.

I routinely hit 25K dps in the ISA league... it should work for most of your Klingon needs:

Neutronium Torpedo (DR rep)
    2x Quantum Torp CritDx3
    Bio Disruptor DBB CritDx2

2x Bio Disruptor Turret CritDx2
    Heavy Bio Disruptor Turret (8462 rep)

2x Elite FerJai Frigs

Counter-Command Deflector
    KHG Engines
    KHG Shields
    Fleet Warp Core with [AMP]

4x Quantum Torp Vulnerability Locators
    Assimulated Module
    Zero-Point Energy Conduit
    Tachyokinetic Converter Console
    Plasmonic Leech
    Bio Gel
    Rule 62
    Hydrodynamics Compensator (for the set bonus with the Heavy turret)

T6 Ship Traits: Overwhelming Force** DO NOTE that this gives Photonic Shockwave to pets that use High Yield Torpedo: Ferjai Frigs, Elite Scorps, etc. This may be NOT preferred, as it knocks the enemies around too much for organized PVE. It does NOT seem to give Charged Particle Burst to pets that use Beam Overload (such as the Elite Swarmers). I do like having 1 Beam Overload with the DBB in front of the Karfi, though... adds a nice AOE shield drain.

Personal Traits: +10% bleedthrough for torps. This SERIOUSLY helps quantums. Then whatever other space ones you want.

Space Traits: Precision, advanced targeting system, aux power - offense, Omega Kinetic Shearing

Duty Officers: 3x Purple PWOs (so you fire a torp a second), SDO (the Attack Pattern Beta one), Conn Officer (Tac Team cooldown), Maintenance Engineer (Eng Team cooldown). If you don't have the SDO, use a 2nd Maint Engineer for faster Eng Teams.

Bridge Officer Skills:
    Tac Team 1, Cannon Scatter Volley 1, Torp Spread 3
    Beam Overload 1, Attack Pattern Beta 1
    Emergency Power to Shields 1, Engineer Team 2
    Science Team 1, Photonic Officer 1, Hazard Emitters 3, Grav Well 3
    Transfer Shield Strength 1

[This is to get the most Torp Spread 3... especially if you have the Xindi TAC Boff that speeds tac boff skills... an alternate if you don't want this would be:)
    TS, CSV, TS3 (or even BO, TS2, TS3)
    TT, APB
    EP2S, ET2
    ST, Tractor Beam Repulsors, HE3, GW3
    TSS

BONUS: Captain skills: