test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fun with Enterprise

tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Ten Forward
Suggestion. Next time you sit down to watch the entire Star Trek Enterprise series and want to get a different spin on it, remember this.

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished.. He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

Now I know what you're thinking, trapped in the past. His own lifetime. Well, the past part refers to his first leap, where he was in fact in his own past. Own lifetime, well Sam did once leap into his great-grandfather, during the US civil war due to the close genetic link. Possible he was a relative of Archer, and that genetic link thing took place. It's also possible that Sam essentially became an immortal and by the time he leaped into Archer he was in fact in the 25th century.

Now if you're still following, you're probably thinking "Where's Al?". Well, Al has probably retired by this point or even that the program was canceled by the government, which of course wouldn't stop Sam's leaping. And it's even possible that Col. Grat was actually Al, either in an advanced hologram form or even in a time travel of his own.

The first couple of seasons, Sam actually thought he was Archer and didn't know he was there for a reason. To stop the Xindi from attacking Earth. Daniels was able to interact with Archer because of some time traveler link thingie.

Anyway! Yeah, I have to much time on my hands!
Post edited by tilarium1979 on

Comments

• Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I actually like the whole "Sam Leaps into Archer" bit, and think that it makes for some nice fanfic fodder.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Al is a cylon.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For some reason this thread brings to mind the cliffhanger series ending episode of Sliders.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.