test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's asking me to respec my skills?

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
Logged in today, and when I went to check my reputation projects, there was a message over the tier rewards saying something about how my skills were invalid and that I couldn't see my reputation traits until that was fixed. I clicked okay, it took me to the skills page and, sure enough, it also said down in the corner about how my skills were invalid, near a "Respec" button.

Is this a bug? Or are they actually asking me to respec my skills? And, is it free or do I have to buy a respec token?
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Logged in today, and when I went to check my reputation projects, there was a message over the tier rewards saying something about how my skills were invalid and that I couldn't see my reputation traits until that was fixed. I clicked okay, it took me to the skills page and, sure enough, it also said down in the corner about how my skills were invalid, near a "Respec" button.

Is this a bug? Or are they actually asking me to respec my skills? And, is it free or do I have to buy a respec token?

It's a bug,a classic so to speak. :o
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's free, I just did it. Didn't realize it was going to wipe out my entire skill tree, though.

Oh well, I really didn't mind getting a free second chance at reallocating my skills anyways :D
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is this for everyone?
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is this for everyone?
    yeha, they were fixing something and their solution was nuclear.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeha, they were fixing something and their solution was nuclear.

They fired a nuke from orbit. It was the only way to be sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    They fired a nuke from orbit. It was the only way to be sure.

You get a cookie. :)
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anybody else besides me unable to use any of my skills above lieutenant?

I'm pretty much without any of the skills of captain abilities at this point
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies. Good to hear that it's free, at least....

So, from what I'm gathering, something bugged and their solution was to have people respec their skills...?
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Oh well, I really didn't mind getting a free second chance at reallocating my skills anyways :D

I know I should appreciate this chance as well, but I'm more annoyed and apprehensive about it than anything. I already painstakingly plotted out all my skill points previously, specifically because I wasn't keen on having to pay for a respec token each time I wanted to tweak anything.

Before I hit the respec button, I'm gonna use a skill planner to jot down the skill set up I have now, so I can hopefully redo what I already had, and not forget anything.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • kylanthkylanth Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies. Good to hear that it's free, at least....

So, from what I'm gathering, something bugged and their solution was to have people respec their skills...?

I know I should appreciate this chance as well, but I'm more annoyed and apprehensive about it than anything. I already painstakingly plotted out all my skill points previously, specifically because I wasn't keen on having to pay for a respec token each time I wanted to tweak anything.

Before I hit the respec button, I'm gonna use a skill planner to jot down the skill set up I have now, so I can hopefully redo what I already had, and not forget anything.

Dont bother jotting down your skill spec, they removed 3000 skill points with this update.

Before DR I was capped at 366000 skill points, and the new cap when you respec is 363000. It will TRIBBLE up your build.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kylanth wrote: »
    Dont bother jotting down your skill spec, they removed 3000 skill points with this update.

Before DR I was capped at 366000 skill points, and the new cap when you respec is 363000. It will TRIBBLE up your build.

Well, that's discouraging. Where the hell did those other 3000 skill points go?

You know what? Between this and all of the other issues DR is having right now, big and small, I think I just might take a break from STO for awhile....
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, that's discouraging. Where the hell did those other 3000 skill points go?

You know what? Between this and all of the other issues DR is having right now, big and small, I think I just might take a break from STO for awhile....

Mine is so bugged that not only am I missing 3000 skill points, but the apply button wont actually allow me to apply the ones that I still have.

Yay for rocking no skills at all!
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't think I had any points missing at all. Luckily my build is saved on th Academy Skill Builder so just put the same points. 366,000/366,000 300,000 space, 66,000 ground all there :/
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    You get a cookie. :)

Exterminatus, the only way to be sure.
    STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Best 'bug' ever!

I was just contemplating buying a respec token for my Romulan to fix some mistakes I had made. I'm glad I didn't, because i was able to fix her skills for free.

No complaints here. :D
    Insert witty signature line here.