test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting a top ship

noucantcmenoucantcme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Academy
I saw that a ship upgrade token is selling for about 28mill on the exchange, and fleet ship modules for about 10mill, if i bought an upgrade token would anyone be willing to trade two fleet ship modules and maybe a little extra something(such as tech upgrades) for one? Don't want to put it on the exchange as I am f2p so can only have 10mill at once.
Post edited by noucantcme on

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would highly suggest picking up the EC cap increase from the C-store. It's only 500z which you can get easily by grinding dil. It's account wide too, so you won't ever have to worry about it again. It's a must have if you're F2P.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • noucantcmenoucantcme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually, even with prices on the dil exchange being as low as 160 dil per zen, that's still 500x160=80,000 dil, by no means a small amount, even if you could earn it at a fast pace(which you can't) it's still bottle-necked at 8k per day, which means it'd take 10 days to get that much. . .what I would consider to be a fairly large amount. All that aside, that's a good suggestion. . .STO doesn't have a preferred access account like SWTOR where you can sub for one month, and forever after get free access to some things(although I forget if money cap is one of them), does it?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, if you sub you do get some free things like bank, inventory, boff slots, account bank, etc. Those you get to keep when you unsub. The EC cap you don't get to keep. However, when you sub for that 1 month you do get a 500z stipend. Save that stipend and then use it to buy the EC cap when you go back to F2P. It's not a bad deal that way.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I generally recommend that you purchase the EC Cap Remover. I am a F2P player and the EC Cap Remover is the first thing I bought with the Zen I got for exchanging refined dilithium. It came in handy very quickly. Although loot has been recently nerfed, max level toons can still earn a decent amount of EC.

My most recent toon that I created back in early August currently has over 25 million ECs and I did not try very hard to earn that. I have 4 other toons with more ECs. I highly recommend you spend your Zen on the cap remover since it will allow you to build up your ECs to the point where you may be able to purchase very expensive item off of the Exchange.

An example would be the Plasmonic Leech for a Fed toon which generally costs 30 million to 32 million ECs on the Exchange. Yes, a lot of money, but it is a useful device and if you have the patience and devote some effort to earning ECs you can eventually buy one.

A sizable EC balance can help you improve your ship quickly if you do not feel like investing the time to develop your crafting skills.