test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (October 16, 2014)

Comments

• Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why don't you just marry your best new friend? :mad:

( I play Angry Birds Transformers meanwhile)
  • Options
    ariakistoariakisto Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When will they fix joystick for the game ? When will they learn not to break things every big patch? When will they hire a good quality controal group to test this mess we have.:mad:
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still can't team properly for the patrol missions. Having to exit and then re-enter patrol maps on the off chance you'll warp into the one with your other team mate(s) is getting old fast.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    toadgoadertoadgoader Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Proton Barrage from Dyson set stopped working when upgraded to Mk 13
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just saw a message in-game about the shard coming down for maintenance in about 15 minutes. I really hope this maintenance addresses some of the many bugs with the upgrading system and the overly buffed hull HP of enemies. I can't be bothered to play any more of the Delta Rising content until what the dev team call increasing the difficultly rethink their way of going about it and change things in a way that keep the challenge without boring the player with wave, after wave, after wave after wave, after wave in each mission of enemies. Boring me to death is not going to get me to spend money or time continuing to play this game!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just saw a message in-game about the shard coming down for maintenance in about 15 minutes. I really hope this maintenance addresses some of the many bugs with the upgrading system and the overly buffed hull HP of enemies. I can't be bothered to play any more of the Delta Rising content until what the dev team call increasing the difficultly rethink their way of going about it and change things in a way that keep the challenge without boring the player with wave, after wave, after wave after wave, after wave in each mission of enemies. Boring me to death is not going to get me to spend money or time continuing to play this game!

it's going down again?
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep, saw the message too. They're taking it down.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you know what would be really swell right now? PATCH NOTES!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Yep, saw the message too. They're taking it down.

well, that's unscheduled.

one can only hope the bugs are fixed, but more likely it's to deal with the server crash that occurred an hour ago
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Anything outside of the [Admin] message in the game would be pretty nifty...
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I saw it too. Hopefully they'll fix the belching server. It kept kicking me off.

Maybe they'll fix the problem three of my toons are having with rearranging power trays
    every time they beam off ship and back on.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    echatty wrote: »
    Yes, I saw it too. Hopefully they'll fix the belching server. It kept kicking me off.

Maybe they'll fix the problem three of my toons are having with rearranging power trays
    every time they beam off ship and back on.

this!!! for the love of god, this!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Communication no longer resembles the current standard of quality in Star Trek Online, so by removing Communication they are making the game better.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Communication no longer resembles the current standard of quality in Star Trek Online, so by removing Communication they are making the game better.

the sad part is they probably believe this lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

well, considering there was only a 15 minute warning, likely it's a "Oh S--- we gotta fix this NOW!!" and they're sending the notes via email to Trendy. Give Trendy a few minutes.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    well, considering there was only a 15 minute warning, likely it's a "Oh S--- we gotta fix this NOW!!" and they're sending the notes via email to Trendy. Give Trendy a few minutes.

if she uploads patch notes in the next 20 mins i'll give her a plate of bacon :) yum
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    if she uploads patch notes in the next 20 mins i'll give her a plate of bacon :) yum

Canadian Bacon?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Canadian Bacon?

how could anyone resist a plate of thick cut bacon? damnit, now i want bacon lol
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    how could anyone resist a plate of thick cut bacon? damnit, now i want bacon lol

my wife did when she was pregnant. With our son it was endless puking. With our daughter it tasted burnt, bitter... bleh.
  • Options
    posnamesystemposnamesystem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Oh S--- we gotta fix this NOW!!"

You mean someone found a way to get something for free? Can't imagine what else would bring on that sense of urgency.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    my wife did when she was pregnant. With our son it was endless puking. With our daughter it tasted burnt, bitter... bleh.

thanks alot man, now i don't want bacon :(
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You mean someone found a way to get something for free? Can't imagine what else would bring on that sense of urgency.

Based on their history? This is most likely. I didnt see a repair to the other stuff til next tuesday.
    thanks alot man, now i don't want bacon :(

More for me :D
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I assume they are fixing an Exploit, most likely the one someone offered to tell me about for 10miillion EC.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    medadtsiamedadtsia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nyasaya wrote: »
    Aww man, i thought they were freebies from DR. :eek: lv9 in sci, il get you back Particle Manipulator!
    Looks like that fix didn't work and caused others.

Due to this fix, the R&D traits issue where a player would earn the school trait at level 1 instead of 15 will return.
    This issue will be fixed at a later date.
    The traits associated with this are:
    “Beam Barrage” – Beams School
    “Deft Cannoneer” – Cannon School
    “Give Your All” – Engineering School
    “Inelastic Collisions” – Shields School
    “Kinetic Precision” – Projectiles School
    “Particle Manipulator” – Science School
    “Penetrating Rounds” – Ground Weapons School
    Once a fix for this issue goes out, players will no longer be able to use these traits unless Tier 15 is unlocked in the corresponding R&D School.

Still I think I want to earn these now.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The patch notes for this maintenance were posted in the News Section, for some reason they seem to be hit or miss on whether patch notes make it to the forums now.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9000643-release-notes%3A-october-16th%2C-2014
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    patch notes are up
  • Options
    kaorudraculakaorudracula Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    DOOM COMETH!!! DDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bugs not listed that I've seen: Loadouts don't save skill trays and changing up skill trays never sticks--i.e. any changes you make are reverted on the first map change. Also, the TOS Connie special blue phasers do NOT work properly; at level 50/MK 12, before and after upgrading, their DPS is literally 4.3 DPS.

Furthermore, Neelix and those godforsaken Talaxian monsters are still in the game.

Otherwise, pretty much what I expected for patch notes. Not bad at all. VERY happy to see the Kobali Prime bugs fixed up.

So i am not the only one whom noticed the Original series blue phasers, do not work, as they use to sense the upgarde system, i brought mine off of the Orignal series ship the Enterprise, its like as you said 4.3 i posted a ticked about it a while back.
  • Options
    darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Was just getting on and the server crashed. Was this scheduled or unexpected?
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I must have missed the 15 min warning while I was switching characters. Anyway the only bug Im really having is not being able to respec at level 55.

To fix the tray issues in the delta quadrant, go back to ESD and set them there. Apparently they stick when you do it there, maybe else where in the older maps too.