test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Effing Love This Expansion!!!!!!!

moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
Me when I met the Cooperative's representative.

This expansion rocks. So much awesome. Can't wait to get an Ocompan Boff. Can't wait to see the end game. Can't wait to see who else they can get to 60. This expansion is so awesome, I may skip Warlords of Draenor completely.

Yeah, Cryptic. You read that right. I might skip WoW's newest expansion and just play Delta.

BEST. EXPANSION. EVER!

:D
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
Post edited by moonshadowdark on

Comments

• strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The episodes are pretty good.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am loving it too.

No complaints here.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dunno about 'love' but I will give credit where credit is due on the story missions (there's plenty of other threads covering other things). I've only done 2 so far, but the first one I imagine made any hardcore Voyager fans absolutely giddy (I'm a TNGer, but I recognize the appeal, and the technobabble joke did make me chuckle), and the second one just made me think 'so THATS why Neelix was the way he was; the whole species is like that.' Hoping the story stuff keeps on pace, because so far so good. Credit where credit is due.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Episodes are above average, with some putting a smile on my face. The voiceovers rock ;) Having to deal with 4 different endgame villians att eh same time is amazing.

I think i'm in the 5th or 6th and have decided to break out a new ship. My old DPS build needs a few more sciency options; the Hierarchy have practically put blinders on me ;)

Most of my complaints are minor.

Borg STF's I'll wait a few weeks before looking again. Too many conflicting reports, bugs and general overkill. I don't want to have a 30K build just to grind, but it may be necessary. Along that line, that may hurt the game in the long run, but we'll see.
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not too wild about it so far. I have a lot of characters, and most of them are stuck with the veteran destroyer for the time being. I spent my time today just getting the majority set up for using the destroyer.

Once I get done with all that, I'll try out the new missions with the character who was already using a Chimera.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Whilst I think LOR was better (my opinion) I really like DR, especially the missions, I'm a HUGE fan of Voyager so this expansion is a WIN!!!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Whilst I think LOR was better (my opinion) I really like DR, especially the missions, I'm a HUGE fan of Voyager so this expansion is a WIN!!!

Personally I'm much more a fan of DR's writing than LOR's. Even compared to other recent releases it holds up very well and I'll go further to say that its very compelling (and probably one of the best settings/plots we've seen in a ST game.)

The systems are good, technically nothing except a couple space backgrounds (jittery, laggy, and if you've done a few patrols you probably know which ones I'm referring too) have gone wrong, the voice acting is great (and not just on the part of the Voy cast suprisingly) and the art design is absolutely top notch (the Eclipse in the type 6 white hull is one of the best looking ships I've seen in sci-fi.)

Altogether a magnificent release. The only things I wish we had is access to the talaxian off-duty bits in uniforms and more DQ species pieces in the alien tailor.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »

While I do agree currently.

Ive heard they didnt put all the "content" into the expansion at release so it will be spread out a bit. hense the only 17 missions lol there was way more in LoR overall. so imagine the content will trickle out as the weeks go by.

as for the queues well.... theres enough topics on that right now *cries*.

the region itself is great and quite enjoyable and the music is pretty awesome :)

only level 52 right now :)

my only gripe at the moment is the grinding you need to do...

I think more choices between leveling of 50-53 would of been nice.

should get to kobali prime soon so that will help :)

6/10 for me. when they fix the advanced queue difficulty and rewards then it'll be 9/10 for me :)

docked one point for not adding all the content for the expansion jsut yet (if the rumours are true or the dev blog convo about it actually exists lol)
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I do like the story better in DR but in gameplay and content I liked LOR better, (and I also got the opportunity to name a character Bird Brains :cool:)

DR and LOR were amazing expansions and I defiantly look forward to X3.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has somebody noticed the "paperwall-hallway" in mindscape? That brought so many memories of paperwall hallways (and jeffries tubes) in tng.

Kudos for the little gags.

+ like all the little upgrades and changes (like the new sector space maps...)

well done indeed, and no server bloke out either.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can't love this Expansion! You have to hate it! You have to curse Cryptic's name and demand that everything be made so easy it's not funny or you'll never pay another cent again, though you'll probably just use Dil, thinking you're so awesome doing so and...

Yeah, I'm running out of cliches here.

Honestly, it's quite fun.
  • crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited October 2014
    So happy to hear so many people enjoying Delta Rising. As long as you keep playing it, we will keep making it.

LLAP
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    agree, though i didnt have time to do an awful lot in the few hours i had last night.
    i was most pleased to see the DR ship pack was on the C-store for 12500zen i was expecting it to be much more, so after buying that i had to faff arround making room deleting reclaimable ships that i hever use much anyway.
    i was supprised to see that the 3 boffs and the 3 doffs that come with the pack are claimable on all characters and you can also reclaim them in the future if you need to, this indeed adds much more value to the pack then expected.
    of course the 3 upgrade tokens that come with the DR pack also come in handy to upgrade a T5 ship for each faction character then of course i also had all my free upgrades also to do.
    then shuffleing some ship weapons and such to kit out at least one T6 ship on each character with some better stuff that though i should be able to improve on in the future but will suffice for now.
    so most of the evening was just what you could call housekeeping i suppose.

still a few little bits of that to do later but the best is out of the way, so hopefully tonight i can actually start playing proper.

i still cant get over the value of the DR ship pack, for the quantity of T6 ships alone it is worth the price before you add the other stuff, that is of course providing you have characters in all 3 factions, but then what better excuse do you need to create that kdf and rom you have been meaning to for so long.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• hemiheadhemihead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    a big thumbs up from me!
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    The intro was good... can that no it was amazing. The story i found to be really enjoyable. but then me and my mates need dil so we ran an advance IS.

I was told the Advance were like the old elites. They were nothing like the old elites. A tac cube with 7 million Health?!! THATS NOTHING LIKE ELITE WAS BEFORE! We even lost the ops because those spheres are impossible to kill and there so many of them... But here's the kicker.

480 Dil. I raged. I love the game and was thinking that this expansion was just want the game needed, but the time and energy for a tiny tiny amount of dil was just insulting.

So I stopped. I took a deep breath. sent my crafting off then went for a walk. If rewards wont improve I will walk away.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • renegadepilotrenegadepilot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can anyone help me...how do i get into fluidic space...been in the NW passage all dang night.....i must have missed something...
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So happy to hear so many people enjoying Delta Rising. As long as you keep playing it, we will keep making it.

LLAP

And hopefully Kate Mulgrew will get on board.

:P

She's one of my favorite captains ever!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • gorrbagggorrbagg Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Me when I met the Cooperative's representative.

This expansion rocks. So much awesome. Can't wait to get an Ocompan Boff. Can't wait to see the end game. Can't wait to see who else they can get to 60. This expansion is so awesome, I may skip Warlords of Draenor completely.

Yeah, Cryptic. You read that right. I might skip WoW's newest expansion and just play Delta.

BEST. EXPANSION. EVER!

So far so good from my point of view.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've for the most part enjoyed quite a bit what I've played so far. Not a big fan of the patrol missions being tied into the DR episode chain but it is what it is. I'm definitely enjoying the story but it is a little frustrating to have to grind so much for xp to progress the story.

The rewards have been terrible for the most part, especially STFs. I am loving the Kobali split beam rifle that looks like a crossbow I got from the Delta Rep reward, at least that is where I think I got it.

All in all, It's pretty good with some annoyances that I will get over.
    edited October 2014
    I just spent the last half hour trying to kill the Vaadwuar attacking the Kobali. Those Heavy Artillery vessels are no joke.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Love it so far... must admit I'm getting a little creeped out by Robert Picardo's voice, and the sector space scaling is driving me insane (I am not 4 light years away from that Dyson Sphere, it should be a lot more!) but besides that no other complaints so far.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashrod63 wrote: »
    Love it so far... must admit I'm getting a little creeped out by Robert Picardo's voice, and the sector space scaling is driving me insane (I am not 4 light years away from that Dyson Sphere, it should be a lot more!) but besides that no other complaints so far.
    Sector space scaling has always been terrible. Check the real distance of Wolf 359 from the Sun, as opposed to the distance in-game. Heck, the nearest star system to the Sun (the Alpha Centauri triplet) is in a whole other sector block!

Renegadepilot, I assume you're on the Mindscape mission? Scan the singularities (marked by large yellow fields, and often by Undine bioships); eventually, one of them will be the passage to fluidic space you need. It can be a slog, but the end of that mission makes it worth it, IMO. The implications boggle the mind.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Ive heard they didnt put all the "content" into the expansion at release so it will be spread out a bit. hense the only 17 missions lol there was way more in LoR overall. so imagine the content will trickle out as the weeks go by.

as for the queues well.... theres enough topics on that right now *cries*.

the region itself is great and quite enjoyable and the music is pretty awesome :)

only level 52 right now :)

my only gripe at the moment is the grinding you need to do...

I think more choices between leveling of 50-53 would of been nice.

should get to kobali prime soon so that will help :)

6/10 for me. when they fix the advanced queue difficulty and rewards then it'll be 9/10 for me :)

docked one point for not adding all the content for the expansion jsut yet (if the rumours are true or the dev blog convo about it actually exists lol)

I did Tau Dewa Sector Patrol on Elite and got 2.5 CPT levels and 2 ship levels...Can't wait to try the story line missions.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Would love to get an actual confirmation on this... simply because I've heard this before with Club 47 Revamp, Secondary Deflectors, Poker Minigame, DS9 Fleet Action, Voth Space Battlezone etc (so if they're holding back somehting right now, i would kill for some kind of release schedule) ... I don't get why they would force us to (re-)play generic Content between Episodes just to release the Story Content after everyone is already Lvl 60, though => hard to believe right now

btw : If you don't count boring Patrols and Introductions ... it's actually just ~10 missions ... pretty disappointing for something called "Expansion" ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So happy to hear so many people enjoying Delta Rising
    There would be even more if you'd care to fix the crash to desktop issue, preventing people from even launching the game...

Just sayin'...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm taking my time and I've only played the first couple of new story missions, but I've liked it so far. Voyager is one of my least-favorite Trek series (Enterprise is the only one I like less), and even so I've still enjoyed encountering Tuvok, Seven and Neelix (haven't gotten to Kim yet).

I also have to admit I'm glad I was wrong about the DR launch. I was assuming we'd have days of server stability issues like we did with LoR, but so far it seems to be mostly smooth sailing.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not a big fan of this expansion. Having to grind (for xp) between episode really cut the flow, if you catch the meaning.
    I can't truly say if I love the episodes or not, since I did like 2 of them, 2 patrol (which are categorized as episode, but they are the same old patrol mission, with talaxian instead of random fed guy), and a lot of grind in between.

As for the rest, well, voice acting is good, and cash grab are not. Then you have the bug (currently stuck at "defense at the gates"), but it's not new from cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    There would be even more if you'd care to fix the crash to desktop issue, preventing people from even launching the game...

Just sayin'...

Everyone keeps saying the game crashes, but I have yet to have a problem. :confused:

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP