test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dev Team And Cryptic......Thank you!

2»

Comments

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How many posts are you going to jump into to tell us how pissed off you are? We get the message, if you don't like it play something else, nobody is starting a revolt, you're talking out of your little rodent bottom.

Haters Gonna Hate
    nerf.jpg]
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish I could post the list, but name-and-shame and such. However, 27 players who have been very, very loud about elite being made truly elite and exclusive are among the most prolific complainers now that it's been sorta-kinda done.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Vaadwaur artillery barge.

'What are these space snowflakes appearing around my starship?'

Heh. Okay, guess I'll save evasive for that, then.

*space snowflakes begin appearing around ship*

"Evasive action!"

*Anchor drone*

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

:P:D

I'm liking those guys. :)
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Vaadwaur artillery barge.

'What are these space snowflakes appearing around my starship?'

Heh. Okay, guess I'll save evasive for that, then.

*space snowflakes begin appearing around ship*

"Evasive action!"

*Anchor drone*

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

:P:D

I'm liking those guys. :)
    Barrel roll was basically made for those ships.
    Really? Oh that's rich aint it, LMAO.

It might be, if it were the first time I've noted the phenomena. It's the third time in recent memory when something that was frequently requested was done, only to have most of the people who wanted it flip opinions.

Depending on how you count, it's the second time just relating to difficulty. The accidentally introduced version of the D'Deridex Defender that started showing up in Romulan battleship positions a patch or so before the Vault Shuttle Event was added basically did what people right now are saying should have been done to all elite ships, which has always been a request of the make-elite-elite elitists, and it was the most hated thing in the game for it, because it turns out fighting that kind of NPC is just awful.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh, and just a side note...

Turn your music volumes back up, a bit. :)
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
    edited October 2014
    they re did the music score, some is pretty good.

the reason pply complain (like myself) is because, the crazy hulls and regen rates. I like the fact that there is some new effort gone into the ai, and the Foes support each other.

but the again everyone can get ultra rare with some effort sooooooooo. perhaps im a little premiture
    nerf.jpg]
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They really did a great job with the new episodes, the new star map, the music, the new ship interface (finally all ship stats on one screen) and generally what seems to be a rather stable expansion so far.

The reworked queue difficulties are a different story though....
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to also voice my thanks for a smooth roll out. Some stuff may need adjustment, but I was able to log in last night, run some dailies, and poke around with some of the new stuff - all without any problems.
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congrats Cryptic and team... the missions are actually nice, long, (but not too long) upgrade token price is reasonable, only thing is, I logged off after getting to level 52 and after that have not been able to get on. for the past day and a half :(
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to add my text to this thread and say "Thank You!" to all of the Cryptic team. I've only done a few missions, so far, because I have been too busy playing with all my new ships (yes, I got the Ops Pack) and getting things set up. I am really looking forward to taking the time to really experience everything.

From the few episodes I've done so far, the voiceover work is outstanding. The art is great across the board. The stories are well-written and have a "trekkie" feel. The Voyager interior is out-of-the-park good. The Intelligence features (ships, Boffs, uniforms) are very cool. It is all a little overwhelming, but that's only because it is new. I forsee a lot of hours enjoying learning it all.

Sure, there are some bugs. Big deal. In my opinion, none of them are so bad to say the expansion is a failure or some such ridiculous tirade. Even though one, in particular, is causing me some issues, I have no doubt they will be fixed quickly. I'm not going to soil myself just because I can't steamroll my way through it in 3 1/2 hours.

My only suggestion to anyone who cares is don't rush through it! There are so many things to see, hear and do and it is worth it to just experience it.

The entire Cryptic team deserves to be proud of the work they've done on Delta Rising.
    lljAN7v.png
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i'll give a ty also, no where near the monster it was being made out to be, and one more thing.

the Grand Return of true elite modes, where you use at least some planning and organized fighting.

ty for DR

Penny :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Congrats Cryptic and team... the missions are actually nice, long, (but not too long) upgrade token price is reasonable, only thing is, I logged off after getting to level 52 and after that have not been able to get on. for the past day and a half :(

Do you Get past the launcher?
    nerf.jpg]
    edited October 2014
    rakhohl1 wrote: »

My only suggestion to anyone who cares is don't rush through it! There are so many things to see, hear and do and it is worth it to just experience it.

this is why I have started over as a noob, I have made a ferengi alt, and I am doing every mission, reading the story. searching maps for accolades. doing patrol missions, diplomacy missions.

and every mission I do, I make a list of the rewards, and the transwarp cost.

I am even getting and using the jevonite and the deturium.

it will take a long time to get to delta, but I am enjoying every inch of the way.

I got sucked into the "grind" and I forgot to enjoy myself and the story
    nerf.jpg]
  • lacustrislacustris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here here! I was blown away last night when the servers were not only up but experiencing next to no issues.

GG Devs.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Job well done! Thank you!
  • tls1970tls1970 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great job I had no problems log in.
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well done STO team and Cryptic! I had a humorous bet going that the servers would be a mess for 3 days post patch. Never been happier to say I was wrong! More over It seems the patch took with only a few hickups (bugs) then past releases! fix the few in a timely fassion and I will be really impressed.

Art is beautiful, ships are great and fun, new powers are awesome. Advanced mode sucks because of the massive health boost. That might be the One thing I am unhappy with, other then that best releaase in the past few years. I hope you'll expand the delta quadrent in future seasons and expansions.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On behalf of the team, You are all very welcome. We are truly humbled and honored by your gratitude. Star Trek and STO are both very dear and important to us. It is our work and our art. It brings us great joy when people enjoy it.

Thank you for playing. We hope you continue to enjoy Delta Rising for quite a while. And we hope the story surprised you. But remember - No Spoilers :)

LLAP

Thanks for destroying the Borg STFs.
    Those were getting tiresome anyway.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On behalf of the team, You are all very welcome. We are truly humbled and honored by your gratitude. Star Trek and STO are both very dear and important to us. It is our work and our art. It brings us great joy when people enjoy it.

Thank you for playing. We hope you continue to enjoy Delta Rising for quite a while. And we hope the story surprised you. But remember - No Spoilers :)

LLAP

I wanted to toss two special thanks.

First to Joejing for the new tailor ui options. Lordy that is sweet. There's a smile/frown slider, and an eyebrow furrow slider. We can give our dudes biceps now. Lots of fixed clipping. Thank you for that.

Second, thank you Gecko for getting/approving multiple voice actors. I love having Michael, Denise, and that you even found a way to sneak in Zachary. But having a group of the actors/from voyager has really been a treat. Please keep it up, the work they did on the show is why we all fell in love with trek. And, please get someone from enterprise and more of the new movie people, even if you use them like Quinto as voices for new characters.
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My main Caitian Made it to Lvl 60 and finished Delta Quadrant Missions, can't wait for more THX.:D
    Fleet Admiral Stephen