test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Delta Rising: First Impressions

usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvP Gameplay
After patching 6.7 GB onto holodeck server I planned to log into the game in order to access and enjoy all the newly added features/ships. This is the first review about it:

http://i.imgur.com/Fs0IMQ7.jpg :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
Post edited by usshannibal on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    my first impressions?

"Hmm, DR's logo... lovely... ARRGHHH!!!" as i watch it crash to desktop
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great job, I'm getting exciting again after seeing the new screenshot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After patching 6.7 GB onto holodeck server I intend to log into the game in order to access and enjoy all the newly added features/ships. This is the first review about it:

"It has BEGUN!..." <cue "Mortal Kombat" opening theme music> (link):D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I was reading through the patch notes and noticed a lot of updates and improvements to various items that will affect PVP, some of which are actually quite interesting.

We've all seen the updates to some of the old ships, the re-typing of the Aquarius and the significant buffs it received.

But there's a lot of other interesting stuff in here.

To start with:
    Refracting Tetryon Cascade will now grey out and prevent activation if the currently selected target is out of range.
    If there is nothing currently targeted, Refracting Tetryon Cascade can still be used at any time.

So many times you'll activate this power and it'll do nothing because the target has slipped out of the nebulous '5km' range for a moment. Now, that won't happen. Definitely a useful improvement.
    Updated Sensor Analysis.
    Resolved an issue that was causing Sensor Analysis not to increase the damage of the user's targetable torpedoes and other pets.
    Sensor Analysis now increases ALL damage dealt by the user of the power.

SCI SHIP MASTER RACE. But seriously, my Tal battlecruiser welcomes this change, and my sci torp burn boat approves too. It'll be a very solid buff for carriers with SA too.
    Resolved an issue with the reflect proc on Nukara Crystalline Resilient Shields that was causing them to inflate the amount of damage returned to an attacker.
    Also cleaned up the tooltip on Nukara Crystalline Resilient Shields -- replaced "a portion of" wording with actual reflect value.

On the one hand, nerf. On the other hand, knowing the actual value will be very beneficial to builds.
    Slightly increased the damage of the Tempest Tailgun.

I don't have a Tempest class, but for those who do I guess this is nice to have.
    Slightly increased the damage of the Dyson Proton Dual Heavy Cannon.

The rom dyson destroyers were already great vapers, so this should help them be even better. If you're into that, mind you.
    All Torpedo Spread abilities should no longer attempt to target entities that are invulnerable.

GOOD.
    Streamlined the tooltips for the proton damage proc caused by Science Consoles obtained from Dyson Joint Command reputation.
    This is a text change only.

Text change or not, this were some of the least understood, most arcanely worded consoles in the game, so it's nice to see them get an update to actually show what they do.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Once I stopped dropping F-bombs about a certain aspect, I went with the more relaxed visualization of Slamek saying, "It's too bright..."
  • Options
    grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited October 2014
    After patching 6.7 GB onto holodeck server I planned to log into the game in order to access and enjoy all the newly added features/ships. This is the first review about it:

Hannibal.. i told you.. dont play on your Amiga. Use a Computer like we do. ;)

gretings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***