test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With Surplus from the T5 base, why can't we help other Lower Tier Base by ALLYng Them

czardraculeczardracule Member Posts: 79 Arc User
A thought came up, Why not have a ALLY button from our T5 fleet base to help other base building rather than waste our surplus fleet marks to a surplus projects. We can help contribute to other lower Level Base with their projects with our Surplus. EG: click the ally button and then click the fleet name tab to which we are allied to and help build without hopping to other fleets and keep going from our own base.

One issue we have is that once we are T5 and with many members, it's hard to contribute fleet marks to projects, we almost fight to get it in before someone else does. Then there's the surplus fleet mark project to which basically is a trash can for surplus fleet marks.

What do you guys think?

YODA

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A thought came up, Why not have a ALLY button from our T5 fleet base to help other base building rather than waste our surplus fleet marks to a surplus projects. We can help contribute to other lower Level Base with their projects with our Surplus. EG: click the ally button and then click the fleet name tab to which we are allied to and help build without hopping to other fleets and keep going from our own base.

One issue we have is that once we are T5 and with many members, it's hard to contribute fleet marks to projects, we almost fight to get it in before someone else does. Then there's the surplus fleet mark project to which basically is a trash can for surplus fleet marks.

What do you guys think?

YODA
    Been requested many times in many forms.

I forget who first had the idea, but my favorite suggestion was a project that let's a t4 or 5 starbase box up some form of provision that could then be traded/given/sold for use by other fleets could be added. Something that works as a universal input to fulfill any required fleet project input by the user but functions at a loss for the creator.

So, dilithium usually gives 1:1 dil to flees credit and ec it's usually 30:1 so make a project that requires a total of 75,000 fleet credits worth of dil, marks, skill, and ec and outputs a box that can be used to fulfill 50,000 fleet credits worth of any required input to a project.

If that's too hard have individual projects that box up marks, dil, etc and can only be used on fleet projects, not rep or the exchange, with a similar net loss. This way big fleets can help small ones, mercenary fleets can profit, and it adds an additional layer of sink for cryptic to profit.

Seems like a good idea, wish I remembered where I read it so I could give proper credit.