test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DEVS/CRYPTIC: PLS Increase Ship/Bank slots for DR

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
Like it said....in the past before a major expansion Cryptic increased the number of free ship/bank slots in preparation for players to spend tons of money in their coffers.
Not asking for a handout but please don't forget to increase the "free" cap if you really want people to spend money in the c-store or DR packs...Lots of new ships and gears and would only make sense.

Thanks!
DUwNP.gif

Post edited by crusader2007 on

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Increase the number of free slots so that plYers can spend more money".
    Seriously, that is your premise?

Granted I think if you buy a ship you should get a ship slot but that ship has sailed.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This would be appreciated, though on a personal level I will say the new R+D tab in my inventory has been very useful.
    What I (and many others in Delta 1 fleets) would like is to see is another fleet bank tab available to unlock.
    All this new gear, kits, modules and crafting items etc has really filled up our fleet bank more than ever before and many have asked me on many occasions as to whether we will be able to gain more storage.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Didn't Cryptic already give 2 free ship slots this year?

Don't get me wrong, I would take free ship slots if offered, but how many free ship slots do players need to stop asking?
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Didn't Cryptic already give 2 free ship slots this year?

Don't get me wrong, I would take free ship slots if offered, but how many free ship slots do players need to stop asking?

Yes, when ship loadouts were introduced, Cryptic gave all players (both silver and gold) additional ship slots making it unlikely...

There will be additional Boff slots offered with the release of Intel Boffs...

Just kill off some of your old, redundant, low tier, and easily replaceable, vessels to make room...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    There will be additional Boff slots offered with the release of Intel Boffs...

[Citation required]

People have been asking for this for ages. So far Cryptic has been utterly ignoring the requests. Would be nice if it were true, though.
    Just kill off some of your old, redundant, low tier, and easily replaceable, vessels to make room...

That will permanently TRIBBLE up all loadouts/tray for ships that come after the discharged ships.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    [Citation required]

People have been asking for this for ages. So far Cryptic has been utterly ignoring the requests. Would be nice if it were true, though.
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.45.20140928a.1

Systems:
    • Increased the number of free Bridge Officer Slots awarded at each rank:
    • At Commander, silver players now earn 5, an increase from 4, Bridge Officer Slots.
      • Gold member are unaffected.
    • At Vice Admiral, silver player now earn 7, an increase from 6, Bridge Officer Slots.
      • Gold members earn 12, an increase from 10, Bridge Officer Slots.
    • At Fleet Admiral, silver player earn 8 Bridge Officer Slots.
      • Gold members earn 14 Bridge Officer Slots.
    • This change affects equivalent ranks for Klingons and Romulans.
    • The max players can purchase from the C-store remains unchanged.
    That will permanently TRIBBLE up all loadouts/tray for ships that come after the discharged ships.
    [Citation required] I believe is appropriate here...

Unlike some, I do not say something without already having some idea what it is I am talking about...

edited October 2014
    Unlike some, I do not say something without already having some idea what it is I am talking about...

I will let the last dig slide, as you had an actual source. Thx.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I had to rearrange my tray a couple of times but there was nothing "permanently" screwed up anywhere, and fixing the tray set up takes less time than changing maps.

LOL. Having to re-arrange your trays constitutes 'permanently screwed up.' :)

Actually, for those among us who love to take everything literal, loadouts for a ship can truly be permantly hosed too, where they can no longer be used, ever (short of discharging said ship). But that's another topic. Here 'permanently screwed up' just refers to your loadouts having become unretrievable.

And I'm not sure what you have in your trays, but a typical tray for me involves 4 full bars. Setting up 1 ship again costs like 15 minutes times the amount of loadouts for the ship in question.

Also, I'm sorry, but I don't recall, out of hand, what boffs and doffs I used for all my setups, everywhere. I tend to keep a Photoshop doc with all pertinent screengrabs. Rather I wish they'd just not get screwed up.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014

**The max players can purchase from the C-store remains unchanged.**

So, in other words, I *still* won't be able to add boffs, as I bought all boff slots to be had from the C-Store already. Sigh.
    [Citation required] I believe is appropriate here...

LOL. As soon as Cryptic acknowledges this bug, you'll be first I'll quote it to.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    LOL. Having to re-arrange your trays constitutes 'permanently screwed up.' :)

Actually, for those among us who love to take everything literal, loadouts for a ship can truly be permantly hosed too, where they can no longer be used, ever (short of discharging said ship). But that's another topic. Here 'permanently screwed up' just refers to your loadouts having become unretrievable.

And I'm not sure what you have in your trays, but a typical tray for me involves 4 full bars. Setting up 1 ship again costs like 15 minutes times the amount of loadouts for the ship in question.

Also, I'm sorry, but I don't recall, out of hand, what boffs and doffs I used for all my setups, everywhere. I tend to keep a Photoshop doc with all pertinent screengrabs. Rather I wish they'd just not get screwed up.

I have encountered issues like this before... The work-around I find that usually allows normal tray usage is :
    • Assign something like Quantum Slipstream (for example) to every slot.
    • Change sector zones - this seems to ensure the change overrides the previous ability.
    • Reassign your preferred ability to each slot - or simply remove Quantum Slipstream.
    • Change sector zones once more.

This has yet to fail me, outside of the occasional tweak when changing out Boffs or teaching them new skills, in which case you just repeat the above as needed for those abilities...

For the most part, my trays do not change after having done this however...

edited October 2014
    So, in other words, I *still* won't be able to add boffs, as I bought all boff slots to be had from the C-Store already. Sigh.

No, reread the bottom line... The number of purchasable Boff slots will not change... The way I read it, it will simply result in (for argument's sake, since I can't remember the actual maximum) your 30 slots becoming 32 etc...

LOL. As soon as Cryptic acknowledges this bug, you'll be first I'll quote it to.

I'll likely already be aware of it... ;)

edited October 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Umm, no but having to re-arrange your tray counts as a minor temporary TRIBBLE up, not permanent in any sense. I have also never once had a problem crop up with my doffs because I deleted a ship, not once. I would be interested in how you got a 4th bar on the tray cause I only have three. And if the Loadout itself gets screwed up then all you have to do after correcting any mistakes is select "save as" in the loadout commands and your loadout is fixed. Once again a temporary iproblem, not permanent, and not a big deal at all. Frankly I would rather they make sure we never get hit with another "acid trip" graphics bug than worry over loadouts anymore especially since I didn't want loadouts to begin with and only use them because if I don't my ship gear keeps ending up back in my inventory, which has nothing at all to do with deleting a ship and only happens when I don't have a loadout saved on a ship.

The 4th slot is not visible. :) I generally use 7 and 8 for cycling, with 7 visible, and two others filled with all sort of things I need too.

As for boffs, they don't get lost themselves, but tend not to find their way to their stations on loadout (causing their abilities' absence in the tray); and/or they remain stuck in a station (also messing things up, of course).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    + 3 from accolades

Really? Which accolades?

I might already have them for all I know, as I was not aware that there were ship slots tied into them...

edited October 2014
    So just to satisfy my honest curiosity... Is there really a significant number of players who are using all 59 ship slots on one or more of their characters? And I mean actively using all the ships, not letting them sit and collect virtual dust.

I'd discharge half my old ships if I didn't encounter loadout issues as a result of it. So, yeah, I think I'm pretty much near max ships again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Doesn't saving loadouts in space also save BOff arrangements and bar settings? I distinctly recall that the system will not let you save them while on the ground/at a dock (that prompt mentioning that "not all settings could be saved; try again in space to save everything"), but once in space, just saving it should save the BOffs and the skills you've set along with the ship's loadout.
    edited October 2014
    Doesn't saving loadouts in space also save BOff arrangements and bar settings? I distinctly recall that the system will not let you save them while on the ground/at a dock (that prompt mentioning that "not all settings could be saved; try again in space to save everything"), but once in space, just saving it should save the BOffs and the skills you've set along with the ship's loadout.

*Should*, yes. :)

I think you can save loadouts from spacedock or something too, but I generally only load/save them in space.

It *should* save doffs too; but sometimes it will say a doff in question can't be loaded (whilst it is right there, not being on mission).
    3lsZz0w.jpg