test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tried upgrading two consoles to Mark XIII ultra rare, they dont show up

paramvirmodiparamvirmodi Member Posts: 71 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hey I tried to upgrade two consoles to MARK XIII Ultra RARE and it consumed my basic upgrades+ dilithium but did not upgrade.

The console names are:
Console - Tactical - Ambiplasma for projectiles
Console Engineering - Weapon power Setting

Please help! I need them upgraded or the Dilithium and Tech upgrades re-imbursed.

I spend 40 Tech upgrades X 700 Dilithium for each upgrade item click...

Thanks,
Paramvir
Post edited by paramvirmodi on

Comments

• neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Welcome to beta testing a broken upgrade system.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • paramvirmodiparamvirmodi Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I tried the upgrade twice on the pwer setting console and same results for another console it worked as required.

So tried on 3 consoles and 2 failed (used all my tech upgrades tp 2000 and 700 Dil each) and one was successful.

Thanks,
    Paramvir
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The upgrade to Mk XIII will happen. The upgrade to UR is random...the % chance for the upgrade increases each time after hitting Mk XIII. Might UR off a 6% chance...might fail UR off a 30%+ chance.
    edited October 2014
    Ok, it does not say that. Now I am minus that tech upgrades and Dilithium.

How can I get them back now? This is very frustrating...

Thanks,
    Paramvir
    edited October 2014
    It does say that. There are two lines, two progress bars, and they tell you that exactly. Top bar is progress to attempt the upgrade and the bottom bar is the chance for a quality improvement.
    edited October 2014
    Yes you are right! And in both the cases they showed me that it can be upgraded to Ultrarare MArkXIII
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes you are right! And in both the cases they showed me that it can be upgraded to Ultrarare MArkXIII

They might be upgraded to Mk XII Ultra Rare. The second upgrade progress bar lists a percentage chance of that happening. The more upgrade tech you throw at the console, the better your chance of getting the upgrade from Mk XIII to Mk XIII UR. Eventually you'll get to 100%, but the resource costs are insane. I upgraded a single Borg engine to Mk XIII UR before deciding it's a sucker's game. All of my other stuff will stay at Mk XIII VR for now.
    edited October 2014
    The RNG is horribly programmed. It's like that bar is taunting you, saying "haha nice try loser, gimmie yo' stuff" and when you do manage it its like "TRIBBLE, fine here's your pretties"
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
    edited October 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    The RNG is horribly programmed. It's like that bar is taunting you, saying "haha nice try loser, gimmie yo' stuff" and when you do manage it its like "TRIBBLE, fine here's your pretties"

Heh, it does feel like that at times. Hence the 6% and 30% example I used. Say you're doing two, it's going to play with you. Oh, this one went early...aha...so with the next one, you keep dumping and dumping while it's laughing at you. Seriously, lean in closer...it's laughing at you. Evil, evil, evil!
  • chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At what level did you start the consoles?

Just so you're aware, rarity increase is always just a "chance", so you might not get something to Ultra-Rare before you hit MK XIII... honestly, best to wait to upgrade Mk XIII stuff until after Delta Rising is released so you can get to MK XIV and Gold rarity.
    edited October 2014
    They were all upgraded from either mark X or mark XI rare. They all showed good chance for Ultra rare...whom do I need to contact to get this checked?
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I won't do it, mine read possible result (mostly a chance) really doesn't say it would be? Then all you do is waste your resources trying to get it what you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    I won't do it, mine read possible result (mostly a chance) really doesn't say it would be? Then all you do is waste your resources trying to get it what you want.

You are right.will not attempt it now onwards...
    edited October 2014
    But who do i report this to? And possibly ask for some refund:P
    edited October 2014
    Heh, it does feel like that at times. Hence the 6% and 30% example I used. Say you're doing two, it's going to play with you. Oh, this one went early...aha...so with the next one, you keep dumping and dumping while it's laughing at you. Seriously, lean in closer...it's laughing at you. Evil, evil, evil!

Ahh, I'm not the only one who hears its insidious evil cackling.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But who do i report this to? And possibly ask for some refund:P

You don't. No refunds.

If you used logic you should have realised what everything meant.

It shows the potential upgrade you can get: mk XIII rare to ultra rare.

It shows the progress bar until an upgrade happens.

It shows the % chance of the upgrade of happening. This progress is for the rarity increase.

In short, from the data in the upgrade window you should have been able to deduce that rank upgrades (mk 1 to mk 2 etc) always happen. Rarity upgrades are chance based.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good that the Outcome Window shows "Possible Outcome" not "Guaranteed Outcome"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

edited October 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »
    You don't. No refunds.

If you used logic you should have realised what everything meant.

It shows the potential upgrade you can get: mk XIII rare to ultra rare.

It shows the progress bar until an upgrade happens.

It shows the % chance of the upgrade of happening. This progress is for the rarity increase.

In short, from the data in the upgrade window you should have been able to deduce that rank upgrades (mk 1 to mk 2 etc) always happen. Rarity upgrades are chance based.

You are right...I will take care of this now...thanks for the explanation:cool:.
  • xpowerman2014xpowerman2014 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Rare to Ultra Rare is only by chance. Its not guaranteed. You will only get guaranteed increase in levels (eg. level XII to XIII).

Btw, even if you hit level XIV, you may not get ultra rare.

When you hit level 14, you get a chance to convert your item up to next level in rarity. But even if you fill up the tech bar, you may not get it. But AFAIK, the chance will increase each time the bar fills up.

IMHO, its not worth it though. You spend lots of tech upgrades just to fill up the bar (its not cheap in exchange as well). If you really need ultra rare or epic items and you need it urgently, I think exchange is better place.