test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has anyone's upgrades and accelerators just vanished?

wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
When the first event went live on September 25 the Reman MK12 shield COULD be upgraded. I even remarked about it to Captain Smirk. I used my 3 superior shield tech upgrades, and 1 major tech accelerator on my Reman MK12 shield. The upgrade process was started, then they patched the event and the items were removed from the shield and placed back in my inventory. At that point the Reman MK12 shield was no longer available for upgrade.

Then on October 2 when I logged on the 3 superior shield tech upgrades, and 1 major tech accelerator went missing from my inventory, they were not in my R&D tab either or in my bank. The Reman MK12 shield remained unchanged (unavailable for upgrade).

So basically, because of a bug or bug fix my reward has gone missing. It's not on the item I used it on, or in the inventory where the "fix" relocated it too. It's gone, vanished...
Post edited by wilv on

Comments

• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wilv wrote: »
    When the first event went live on September 25 the Reman MK12 shield COULD be upgraded. I even remarked about it to Captain Smirk. I used my 3 superior shield tech upgrades, and 1 major tech accelerator on my Reman MK12 shield. The upgrade process was started, then they patched the event and the items were removed from the shield and placed back in my inventory. At that point the Reman MK12 shield was no longer available for upgrade.

Then on October 2 when I logged on the 3 superior shield tech upgrades, and 1 major tech accelerator went missing from my inventory, they were not in my R&D tab either or in my bank. The Reman MK12 shield remained unchanged (unavailable for upgrade).

So basically, because of a bug or bug fix my reward has gone missing. It's not on the item I used it on, or in the inventory where the "fix" relocated it too. It's gone, vanished...

you have checked to see if the shield has any TP on it i assume?

beyond that no clue
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Could this be why I was able to open my upgrade item screen when the event was on, but now when I come to do it, it's blacked out? I never tried upgrading anything at the time.

Also can't buy any from the vendor in ESD.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's not a bug...that's a feature.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    grylak wrote: »
    Could this be why I was able to open my upgrade item screen when the event was on, but now when I come to do it, it's blacked out? I never tried upgrading anything at the time.

Also can't buy any from the vendor in ESD.

The upgrade window should still be available. Mine is. However, the shield no longer is available for upgrade.
    goodscotch wrote: »
    That's not a bug...that's a feature.

So you're saying it's a feature that my shield tech upgrades, and major tech accelerator are missing?...
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    These are not reusable! Once use they go POOF! (gone)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    These are not reusable! Once use they go POOF! (gone)

I'm aware they aren't reusable. However, they were placed back in my inventory immediately after the patch that followed the first even'ts launch. After that fix they were back in my inventory. I figured that was intended since after the fix the shield was no longer available for upgrade. Why would they let me upgrade an item, take my upgrades, then block the item from upgrading further? That makes no sense...

In fact, the items were in my inventory for a week. They only vanished last Thursday, Oct 2...
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm aware they aren't reusable. However, they were placed back in my inventory immediately after the patch that followed the first even'ts launch. After that fix they were back in my inventory. In fact, the items were in my inventory for a week. They only vanished last Thursday, Oct 2...

The moved the location from the Main Inventory slot to the R&D slot. Press 'I" then click on R&D see if they're in there.
    I still had mine in my Bank. Of course I had move them out back into R&D slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    The moved the location from the Main Inventory slot to the R&D slot. Press 'I" then click on R&D see if they're in there.
    I still had mine in my Bank. Of course I had move them out back into R&D slot.

No offense but are you even reading my posts? They aren't in the R&D...
    you have checked to see if the shield has any TP on it i assume?

beyond that no clue

Yes, it now has a 64000 TP 2% rarity upgrade. I have no idea what that means or why they were in my inventory for a week and now they're gone...
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yes, it now has a 64000 TP 2% rarity upgrade. I have no idea what that means or why they were in my inventory for a week and now they're gone...

It means that upgrade kits have been applied to the item.

64000 worth of movement towards the next mark level and, when you next upgrade mark, a 2% chance to increase quality in the sequence white-green-blue-purple-UR-epic.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    It means that upgrade kits have been applied to the item.

64000 worth of movement towards the next mark level and, when you next upgrade mark, a 2% chance to increase quality in the sequence white-green-blue-purple-UR-epic.

This is so ridiculous! So basically, they've taken my upgrades and given me 64000 points towards my next upgrade on an item they've made unavailable for upgraded... :eek::confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This is so ridiculous! So basically, they've taken my upgrades and given me 64000 points towards my next upgrade on an item they've made unavailable for upgraded... :eek::confused:

Have you tried removing the shield from your ship, placing it in your inventory and right clicking to check its upgrade status there?

I have kit with greyed out upgrade buttons on my ship that un-grey once in my inventory.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Have you tried removing the shield from your ship, placing it in your inventory and right clicking to check its upgrade status there?

I have kit with greyed out upgrade buttons on my ship that un-grey once in my inventory.

THANK YOU! That's it. The item has to be in the inventory in order to be upgraded. It can't upgrade while equipped. Curious though. I wonder why the upgrades were refunded to me before.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    THANK YOU! That's it. The item has to be in the inventory in order to be upgraded. It can't upgrade while equipped. Curious though. I wonder why the upgrades were refunded to me before.

Couldn't say, but I'm glad you can now progress your shields towards epicness..... :)