test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can anyone answer a few questions about Delta Rising?

draxximyrdraxximyr Member Posts: 3
Had a few questions after reading through news posts and forums posts but couldn't find the answers, assuming they are even available. Tribble is not available for me to explore as I am not a gold member. Tried forums search and news search to find the answers and they either had not been answered or i phrased my search wrong. Anyway, if i missed it someone kindly link the answers or if somone 'in the know' reads this and can answer, the information would be much appreciated.

1) actual zen cost of upgrading a t5 ship to t5U?

2) ship 'bundles' will their be a bundle upgrade price or must one pay for each ship individually?

3) after season 8 the romulan pack was available in the zen store for 16k zen. Will the delta rising pack also be avaiilable in the zen store and if so, at what zen price?

4) Will there be fleet and/or rep gear that is mk xiv available at some point (now or future)

5) do any of the new missions give mx xiii or xiv gear as a reward?

Appreciate any helpful replies.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here are some answers I have, that will unfortunately not answer much:

1. Unknown as of yet. Forum speculation has it in between 500 and 1000 Zen, but nothing has been confirmed by Cryptic.

2. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've read somewhere that even "bundle" ships will have to be individually upgraded. The upgrade will be account wide.

3. The 'Delta Risinng Operations Pack' will probably be availible via the C-Store after some time passes (just like the LoR pack). As to how much it would cost - your guess is as good as anyone elses. Cryptic haven't said anything and I doubt they will until the decide to put the pack in the C-Store.

4. As it is currently, rep. items will cap at Mk XII and it's the upgrade system from there on. This could change in the future, but as for now it seems this is how it's going to be.

5. Mk XIII drops have been confirmed, Mk XIV not yet.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ya i got burned last year by that delay. Bought some shiny new rommy ships.. and only AFTER i had spent my zen did they release the zen pack.. (would have gotten more for cheaper had i known to wait)

Won't be fooled twice.. Just gonna use my t5 "free upgrade" ships when delta breaks.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1) Cost of T5-U upgrade: Devs haven't said, no one knows

2) According to this Twitter post, no.

3) I'd assume the same but no one knows

4) Doesn't look like it. In the future, probably, a few seasons down the line when upgrades have dried up, maybe

5) New Delta Quadrant missions can have Mk XIII drops; old missions will still stop at Mk XI, apparently.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited October 2014

5) New Delta Quadrant missions can have Mk XIII drops; old missions will still stop at Mk XI, apparently.

Actually, this isn't quite right. Drops as usual are primarily affected by player level. Once you hit 60 what you'll see floating around the game [not just the DQ] scales up to XI and XII (though I suspect XIII drops are possible, as with getting an XI drop now, put perhaps at lower frequency since I haven't seen it happen yet on tribble). Main DQ Missions will also reward higher level gear (XIII for first playthroughs, after which it scales back a bit to prevent abuse/grinding) but there are also intentionally repeatable patrol missions which if you accept and complete the set will reward one pick from an apparently randomized set of higher level gear (generally Rare XII).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For the little benefit you get, 500zen is WAY too much on a per-ship basis. That's in the ludicrous range.
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    For the little benefit you get, 500zen is WAY too much on a per-ship basis. That's in the ludicrous range.

Fleet ships cost 500zen for +10% shield and hull. and +1 console.

It would be fair to assume T5-U upgrade will also cost 500zen for +10% shield and hull, and +1 console.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fleet ships cost 500zen for +10% shield and hull. and +1 console.

It would be fair to assume T5-U upgrade will also cost 500zen for +10% shield and hull, and +1 console.

The devils advocate in me would remind you that the 500zen +10% shield etc is on a per character ship basis but the T5-U upgrade token will be on ACCOUNT WIDE ship basis so is entirely possible to cost more.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    1. Unknown as of yet. Forum speculation has it in between 500 and 1000 Zen, but nothing has been confirmed by Cryptic.

forum speculation? http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7002133-tier-5-starship-upgrades
    Q&A

Q: How much Zen will it cost to upgrade my starship?

A: We have not finalized the cost, but it is likely to be somewhere between $5 and $10.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited October 2014

Yes and my experience tells me that when Cryptic says things like "we haven't finalized yet" it's all just speculation.
    They could make a blog tomorrow saying "we were discussing the cost of upgrades and X-member of our team had this wonderfull idea that upgrades should be 1500 Zen since they're account wide and we all applauded and agreed!" Not saying this will happen, just saying that until the oficialize it and say "this is how much, period", it's just speculation.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At least on Tribble they know intend to make the Fleet respectively t he non-Fleet upgrade unlock the other, too.

Would be neat if they did that for bundle ships, too, but for now it does not like it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    The devils advocate in me would remind you that the 500zen +10% shield etc is on a per character ship basis but the T5-U upgrade token will be on ACCOUNT WIDE ship basis so is entirely possible to cost more.

not to mention the upgrade also automatically applies to ANY fleet versions you might get later on after upgrading the ship.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Yes and my experience tells me that when Cryptic says things like "we haven't finalized yet" it's all just speculation.
    They could make a blog tomorrow saying "we were discussing the cost of upgrades and X-member of our team had this wonderfull idea that upgrades should be 1500 Zen since they're account wide and we all applauded and agreed!" Not saying this will happen, just saying that until the oficialize it and say "this is how much, period", it's just speculation.

are you a dev and your not presuming to know? :P

your presuming a lot that you dont have the answers to, so i will let you dig that hole and watch for now.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited October 2014
    are you a dev and your not presuming to know? :P

your presuming a lot that you dont have the answers to, so i will let you dig that hole and watch for now.

lol....wut?!? :confused:

You're not making any sense at all. :D:P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • draxximyrdraxximyr Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for all the replies.

Closer it gets to the 14th without specific pricing information released the more nervous I get.

I mean surely they already decided on prices... are they avoiding mention of pricing due to oversite? Or delaying a firestorm of outrage over inflated prices....

Just wondering.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They have said it will be between 500 zen and 1000 zen.

As for value vs. Fleet Ships here is how it breaks down.

Fleet +1 console, +10% hull points, +10% shields, and in some cases a change in boff lay out vs.

Increasing hull as you level up, Ship Mastery which is like getting 4 really good purple doffs, +1 console, 4 starship trait slots.

For further perpective ship mastery for a Carrier gets both 10% hull and shield hps on top of the general hull boost, and that is just two things it gets from Ship Mastery, yet its 2/3 of what a ship gains going fleet.

Plus it stacks with being fleet. ,
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    draxximyr wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies.

Closer it gets to the 14th without specific pricing information released the more nervous I get.

I mean surely they already decided on prices... are they avoiding mention of pricing due to oversite? Or delaying a firestorm of outrage over inflated prices....

Just wondering.

I don't think they have decided on the price internally yet. They're still tweaking how the tokens work. This last change from Tribble:
    Upgrading a ship which has a fleet version will upgrade the fleet version for free.

Also, upgrading a fleet ship will upgrade its standard version for free.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1241941

So if I'm reading that correctly, a single upgrade token will now upgrade both the normal version AND the Fleet version. So since they're still fiddling around with how it works and what it upgrades, a standard price might not even be decided on yet.

After this last change, I would expect them to be 1k zen now since it's basically a 2 for 1 deal at this point. But that could all change again before release so who knows.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • draxximyrdraxximyr Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    Less than a week out and not word one about zen prices. Can't speak for other players but for myself i DID NOT spend any zen on the 'ship sale" because I don't know about upcoming ship prices. Gotta save my zen because i don't know how much I will need. Will not be buying keys, or char slots or anything else because I don't know what the costs will be for ships. Spend too much on x i can't get y.. maybe.. because i don't know what Y will cost yet. Wallet stays closed and current zen stays unspent, until i know what prices will be. Its not out of spite its simply because I cannot do a simple cost/benefit analysis until I know what the costs are.

And yes I have heard all of the speculations, probabilities and logical reasoning's. Sadly all are lacking specific verifiable information. Only official statements I have seen have been couched full of maybes, probablies and 'we are thinkings'. WAY too much 'wiggle room' in all of that to base any decisions on, at least for me.

Thank you all for the replies. Seems for now I must simply wait another week.
  • zensutrazensutra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It definitely worries me that the launch is only days away and we still don't know the pricing on such a major system.

Not sure what withholding the information does; one of the last things you want is a firestorm of hate on launch day. If they announced it early, they could at least get a few days out of the way. Of course, not letting us know does allow them to sell more last-minute Delta packs that they might not sell if people realized how much it would cost to upgrade all their ships and just boycotted it.

On the other hand, they might surprise us and say 'hey, it's only going to be 350 zen per class!' Although that's probably not likely, it would devalue the perceived value of the upgrades you're getting with the Delta Pack.

Hm, indeed.