test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Perfect FE

rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Ten Forward
Ok, just a thought experiment really, not meant to be taken too seriously.

What would the perfect FE series look like to you?

Imagine a new FE series, built to your persoal specifications, what would it be like?

For me.......

A temporal storyline.

Five episodes, beginning on Bajor.

Something, something prophets, something something pa wraith, something, something timeline.

A pa wraith gone rogue in time attempting to stop the sisko, only due to the nature of their perspective is going about it by taking out the Federation, the KDF and the Romulans.

Episodes in various tiome periods, one in the TOS era, perhaps one in the ENT era, all the way up to the more modern shows.

In one episode, the player could masquerade as a crew member on the Defiant in order to protect the Sisko. Which sounds oddly familiar.

Rewards could include a temporal space set, various bits and pieces from the different eras.
Post edited by rinkster on

Comments

• alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Longer than two episodes, and distinct from queued content (that is, you don't have to grind to unlock the story like in the Dyson Sphere).
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A different plot and end goals for different factions would be my ideal FE. I can hear Geko laughing now.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One where I can actually use my handpicked command crew and I am not overshadowed by the guest star of the week.

Seriously, shut the phekk up and stay on your magic starship, Tuvok. I outrank you by two grades and I've fought more combat actions in one year than you have your entire career. This is my story. Yours ended thirty years ago.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Something big and epic. Probably an Iconian storyline.

Give it 10 episodes, release 1 every 2 weeks or so so that you can refine the last couple episodes as the first few go live. Release it ahead of a big Dominion expansion, involve Odo, Weyoun, Kira Nerys, and if possible the Female Changeling as VO. Have it center around getting the Dominion on your side to kill the Iconians, whose servitors include the Kazon, Malon, Talaxians, Ocampa, Elachi, Solanae, and Tal Shiar, with maybe the Vaadwaur and Undine as side enemies.

It should be a big alliance sort of thing with Odo, Worf, and so forth leading the charge. Quinn should be revealed as Quinndine because awesome. Worf should decapitate Jm'pok and become Chancellor. Ambadassador S'taass should punch D'tan in the face--or better yet have [insert PC's name here] do it.

Lots of VO, lots of epic, lots of technobabble, lots of actual diplomacy missions where your dialogue choices can make you fail.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Return to the Nexus with Patrick Stewart and William Shatner.

That's it.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited October 2014
    Something without Dr. Cooper in it. I'd rather have Wesley and Jar Jar Binks instead.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A series exploring Cait and Ferasa and the conflict unfolding between the 2 rival species.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    A series exploring Cait and Ferasa and the conflict unfolding between the 2 rival species.

Isn't there something else you should be doing, Frenemy?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Isn't there something else you should be doing, Frenemy?

Fine fine..I'll go back to my room and continue Scars 5 and the Perfection novel...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Something Tangential to the main storyline is more to my taste, Shining a light on some of the other goings on that keep happening in the shadow of the current big event, but are non the less worthy of the playable 3 factions Powerblock attention.

More specifically, It would take a currently underused or overlooked Location or species, and develop them a bit, maybe a NPC costume update or map update to coincide with it
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like to see something which does not involve saving the Universe before suppertime. All that end of the world derring do can be a bit wearing without a break. How about some stories which while significant are definitely smaller and secondary story arcs?

For the Feds:
    Something which is five or so episodes long which involves preventing a conflict between two member races of the Federation. Maybe something reignites the animosity between the Tellarites and the Andorians. Maybe pwe/cryptic could get Jeffrey Combs to cameo his role as Shran.

For the Klinks:
    Again something which is five or so episodes long which entails the player preventing the complete withdrawal of the Letheans from any contact with the Empire. Note: I have a Lethean Sci lvl 50 who is really enjoyable to play and definitely not what people consider a 'normal' Sci. A cameo appearance by Kurn. Who is actually more and more my favorite Klingon.

For the Rommies;
    Five or six episodes which revolve around someone activating a clone of Shinzon and a significant fraction of the Remans saying, "Why not?" Player's job is to prevent the collapse of the newly birthed Republic with the Tal Shiar waiting on the sidelines and licking their chops. Be neat ot get Tom Hardy to VO Shinzon for this.

Someone previous to me posted something about 'Tuvok staying on his ship this time.' I agree with this idea. Let the guests appear. Let them do the things we all remember from the series and films. But most of all don't let them serve as anything more than advisors or mentors to the player. If JJ can be smart enough to have Leonard Nimoy only appear at a key plot moment, then pwe/cryptic ought to be able to do the same.

There. My two cents for whatever it is worth.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    edited October 2014
    Like to see something which does not involve saving the Universe before suppertime. All that end of the world derring do can be a bit wearing without a break. How about some stories which while significant are definitely smaller and secondary story arcs?

Totally agree with that, It's very a draining narrative to save the world every time.

I would welcome a mission which focused on cultural tensions and diffusing them , combat being inevitable ( MMO's need mooks to shoot after all ) but let it be appropriately scaled combat. I don't really want to be sending another magnitude of 10000 sentient ( although fictional) beings to oblivian again for "teh lols"

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014

For the Feds:
    Something which is five or so episodes long which involves preventing a conflict between two member races of the Federation. Maybe something reignites the animosity between the Tellarites and the Andorians. Maybe pwe/cryptic could get Jeffrey Combs to cameo his role as Shran.
    Point of order, Andorians live about the same length of time as humans so Shran's long dead. Otherwise, great idea. Just make Combs a different Andorian.
    For the Klinks:
    Again something which is five or so episodes long which entails the player preventing the complete withdrawal of the Letheans from any contact with the Empire. Note: I have a Lethean Sci lvl 50 who is really enjoyable to play and definitely not what people consider a 'normal' Sci. A cameo appearance by Kurn. Who is actually more and more my favorite Klingon.
    FYI, the Letheans and Nausicaans are only there because they're being paid. They're just mercenaries. That said, it'd be nice to see Cryptic remember for once that the KDF is more than just Klingons.

Letheans and Gorn and so forth not written like tlhIngan Hol-spamming Proud Warrior Race Guys, please.
    For the Rommies;
    Five or six episodes which revolve around someone activating a clone of Shinzon and a significant fraction of the Remans saying, "Why not?" Player's job is to prevent the collapse of the newly birthed Republic with the Tal Shiar waiting on the sidelines and licking their chops. Be neat ot get Tom Hardy to VO Shinzon for this.
    Alternate idea, because Shinzon was a complete idiot and Nemesis sucked worse than Voyager: Actually finish the Romside "collapse of the Empire" story arc. Maybe a mission chain similar to the Hand of Thrawn novel duology where the main Empire faction offers peace and recognition of sovereignty to the Republic, and the hardliners (on both sides) and Tal'Shiar try to f**k it up.

Of course, that would require somebody at Cryptic to actually remember that the Empire != the Tal'Shiar. After how they completely and utterly flubbed the revamp of "Where Angels Fear to Tread" I'm not sure they can manage that level of story complexity anymore.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At least Cryptic is marginally better than the writers of Voyager...

I mean, Surface Tension had a lot of plot holes, but it wasn't terribad, the acting was good and Tuvok was absolutely badass.

And Step Between Stars was actually pretty good--I didn't see any major holes there.

The 2800 arc is good, too, and the Hakeev FE series is fun--sure, Hakeev's hammier than William Shatner crossed with the Undertaker crossed with BRIAN BLESSED, but he's FUN in his hamminess and the way he fits literally every single Evil Overlord trope to a t is amusing. And there aren't very many holes in that plotline, either.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Something Tangential to the main storyline is more to my taste, Shining a light on some of the other goings on that keep happening in the shadow of the current big event, but are non the less worthy of the playable 3 factions Powerblock attention.

I agree with this, it could be a fun mini-arc, like the Spectres episode series was. It was definitely a threat to a lot of people, but not quadrant-spanning, and had a nice ambience.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    edited October 2014
    I agree with this, it could be a fun mini-arc, like the Spectres episode series was. It was definitely a threat to a lot of people, but not quadrant-spanning, and had a nice ambience.

Indeed, spectres is a good example of this, a serious matter that needs attention and yet is islolated from the primary antagonists actions