test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Component Trigger Text Never Changes From Interact

captainazzaranocaptainazzarano Member Posts: 60 Arc User
Hi, I have several instances where I use invisible objects or actual detail objects in my new mission. I changed the text in the trigger tab from the default, Interact, to something else, but to no avail...

For instance, if you have an Isolinear Chip on the ground, and you want the character to pick it up, you use components if it's not part of the larger storyline. But, when I want to change the default trigger text from Interact to Bend Over, it still says Interact when you play the mission, but you can see that it's changed in the editor.

This is a small deal if all you want a character to do is be able to pick up a computer chip, but if it's something more abstract, like "Make An Arrest" on an Invisible Object, then the player won't know WTF to do in-game.

I didn't know if the Cryptic Team was aware, so I thought I'd share.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah, it's a non-feature. Objects with default text ALWAYS say interact, there just isn't an option to change it...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captainazzaranocaptainazzarano Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah, it's a non-feature. Objects with default text ALWAYS say interact, there just isn't an option to change it...

Not true. The trigger tab on the object has default text: "Interact" which can be changed in the editor. It just doesn't appear. This might have changed on the latest update, because I don't remember it before. But, it doesn't work.

Try it out yourself. I'll try to post a picture, if I can!
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, the default text will cause it to say 'Interact.' The default text interact and a component complete interact are two separate actions, so when it shares an object, things get a little wonky. I have never had success getting a component complete to override the default dialog's (unsettable) interact text.

Unfortunately, this was never a fully implemented feature. We actually got it as a result of early code mergers with Neverwinter's Foundry. I would love to see it get proper support, but the Foundry hasn't been high on the programmer's schedule lately.
This discussion has been closed.