test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I can't figure out how to BZ, PVE, or STF

valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Academy
I just hit the wall and then it fell on me. I went to the Voth BZ, took the "Secure Voth Points" mission, figured out how to transpost to the outskirts, and realized I would never figure what to do next. After running around, looking like Shaka, and starting to feel the way people do when they want to give up...I logged out to search for a guide. The information that I found would only help me if I already knew what I was doing. I don't mean to knock anyone who has already written a guide but I may have a learning disability. Any help in learning what to really do next would be appreciated.
Post edited by valarauko43 on

Comments

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ask in zone chat for ur a member of ur faction to team up with u then stick to there TRIBBLE i would do but im on way to work n on my phone
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Go to a zone and, using minimap as a guide, run to the nearest red sector. Most sectors tell you the objective (power-down 5 of these, keep Voth off of that, move this forward and stop Voth moving it back) and they turn blue when you have completed each one.

Once the whole mini-map shows blue a T-Rex will appear in each zone for you to gank along with whomsoever should appear in your zone.

If you are quick, or very practiced and with an exceptional group, it is possible to kill more than one T-rex.

Honestly, I go in and kill Voth, activating what I can when can and just watch chat for anyone giving out a specific instruction until I know what I'm doing. No-one ever complained about fewer Voth killing them :D
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks Captains. I've been at it for hours. Pushed many buttons, killed a few hundred Voth and collected nearly all the accolades I was missing. I still don't really know what I'm doing but the why of it all will have to wait. I'm goin' back in.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's a few different types of fights:

Capture points (easiest to solo) these are a small, round empty field with a glowing green border. In the middle is a message "stand on point to capture". You just move inside the green field and both start coming in. Every few minutes a battle mech shows up. After you kill a bunch of voth the point is yours. More allies means more voth defenders so you capture faster. Keep walking in circles to avoid pink voth artillery fire.

Artillery points (hardest to solo) these are the biggest sites, huge open areas with five odd shaped computers with giraffe like necks. Each of the five has a small squad of voth guards, plus there are one or two patrols wandering around. To capture you need to click three glowies on each computer, but after 3 minutes each resets, so you gotta be fast or have help, or be sneaky. To win solo oil guards and click each glowy twice only. Then once all five are primed, go back and just click once. If you are weak on the ground you might need to wipe the five sets of respawned guards before starting the third clicks. After this one or two mechs drop out of the sky. Kill em to win.

Omega point (medium difficulty to solo) this one is a long straight overhead rail. There is a car on the rail and a glowies starts it moving. Clear any voth before hitting this glowy. More voth will port in to attack you, and some will take y to send the car back. A minimum of two times the car will stop. If you stand facing the direction the car is moving, all voth port in on the right of the rail and all glowies to restart the car moving are on the left of the rail. Kill voth click glowies, repeat as needed.

Special teleport(super easy to solo) there is one in each zone. It has five wimpy voth and one or two turrets. Kill voth, click a single glowy, win. Note: doesn't count as capturing a point.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tips: if you have the winter ice skate ng boots they are awesome here.

Put your boffs on passive when move ng between points and run past random voth. They aren't worth fighting.

Try to avoid the swarmers, they will shoot voth for you. But sometimes you gotta blast em.

Learn how to get from the teleport to the big trex. The last zone to be captured by allies is usually the one where the trex dies fastest, so start there. When it dies hustle to the teleport and run fast to another.
  • Options
    bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dont worry about the Voth battlezone, at first it is confusing, but in a week you will have everything clear. Happened to me, didnt know where to go, how to capture points and so on. I learned in a couple of days without nobody telling me how everything worked lol. Now, i see it really simple.. to the point i dont even know why i had so many trouble in the beginning lol. You will think the same too.
  • Options
    hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    or watch:
    http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/3183099
    sometimes i miss branflakes :(
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    best advice i can give you or anyone can give you on what to do when in any pve area with a mission. read the instructions and figure it out, sto loves pop up screens and cutscenes often explaining everything in one go, use your map, dig in and get to work