test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unique universal consoles stagnate at lvl50 in DR?

eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
I'm hoping for some clarification. I heard recently on a pod cast Cpt. Gecko said that levelless gear will max out when a toon hits lvl 50 and to progress them further they'll need to be upgraded via crafting by turning them into MKXII first and improving their mark/quality up from there.

How do universal consoles play into this? I'm talking the unique consoles that come with C-Store/lobi ships etc. They won't be upgradeable, they'll just be turned gold/epic and that's it.

Does this mean that one of these consoles on a lvl50 toon will have the exact same capability as when the toon is at lvl 60 (all other things being equal)?

I bring this up because many of these consoles have fixed values to them and if not scaled would make them less effective at lvl60 than they should be. Things that effect damage resistance or power levels or are percentage based etc will be fine, I'm talking about the fixed numbers on many consoles.

For instance some consoles give out a certain amount of electrical damage like ionized particle beam and isometric charge, these would become less effective against lvl 60 enemies??

What about consoles that give flat amounts of HP like Voth shield that absorbs a flat 100k before collapse, or the barrier field generator that makes a shield based off your toons level.

Could all these sorts of things become lesser items at lvl60 or will they still scale?
AFMJGUR.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    So either I'm wrong and epic quality uni ship consoles level with the player to 60, or no one cares they can become less effective.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Consoles and other gear that comes with ships will not need upgrading. I believe Geko specifically meant uni consoles sold separately in Lobi and such.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Spiral Wave Disruptors are 'infinity' level but come with a Lobi ship. So ... are they maxed out at 50 and can be upgraded?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Consoles and other gear that comes with ships will not need upgrading.
    This is the part I'm worried about though. Some stats on some consoles/abilities that don't increase when you level above 50 will become less effective.
    The Gorn barrier shield spawns a level appropriate shield. At level 60 will it be a lvl50 or 60 shield?
    Spose I need to work out tribble and try it.

The main one I'm worried about it the Voth Bastion shield console, has a flat 100k absorption. At lvl 60 content that 100k might mean it doesn't soak much before it drops. If it simply said absorbs 200% of hull HP rating, then it'd be fine, but it doesn't and thus wont scale with the new level cap.
    Spiral Wave Disruptors are 'infinity' level but come with a Lobi ship. So ... are they maxed out at 50 and can be upgraded?

As far as I'm aware, all weapons bar fused ones will be upgradeable, so yes. Convert to MKXII then upgrade as normal afaik.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd be questioning about the assimilated module/ romulan singularity thingey that give specific, set amounts of bonus, but are not level marked items. will it still be 1.8 power to all sub systems, as it is at level 50, or will it adjust to be higher at level 60?
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As far as I'm aware, all weapons bar fused ones will be upgradeable, so yes. Convert to MKXII then upgrade as normal afaik.

They do upgrade as normal. On Tribble, when I upgraded mine to Ultra Rare they gained a CrtX modifier; which is a set mod for the Spiral Wave Disruptors.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    neomodious wrote: »
    I'd be questioning about the assimilated module/ romulan singularity thingey that give specific, set amounts of bonus, but are not level marked items. will it still be 1.8 power to all sub systems, as it is at level 50, or will it adjust to be higher at level 60?

The zero point can upgrade. I have a mk xiii and some one has a ur mk 13, +2 to all power systems, +2% crit and +22.2 PI.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So I've done basic testing (leveling then looking at item stats, in system space).
    Aceton Assimilator for me @ lvl 52 had -23.2 power drain and 1034.5 damage per energy hitting it. @lvl 53 the power drain stayed the same but the damage increased to 1040.9

Isometric charge @lvl51 shows 6426.3 damage on first hit. @lvl53 it's 6505.4

Shield destabiliser @ lvl52 showed -143.5 shield per tick and @lvl53 it was -144.9

Small changes. So it seems most will level up in some manner. Being so small, could the increases be just due to captain skills or equipment giving slightly more buffs as the lvl goes up rather than the item itself improving?

Voth shield @lvl53 still has the same 100k HP as it did @lvl50 :\
    AFMJGUR.jpg