test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plea for a peacful mission

szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
In every single mission of the new Delta Rising story arc you have to shoot und kill everything that moves. Even the diplomatic mission ends up with killing everybody. What I'm asking for here is one single peaceful mission. A mission like "Cold Comfort" from the Deferi story arc. Or the Romulan mission in which we search for a new homeworld (without shooting Tholians). That one was absolutely fantastic! The Delta quadrant is a vast unexplored region of space. Why aren't we exploring anything?
Post edited by szim on

Comments

• Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I second that tremendously.

I have seen every episode of TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise and, when you add them all up, very very few have space battles. They've either got ground missions, Diplomacy or something going on throughout the ship.

I get that we're supposed to be explorers, but it's ridiculous that lately every single mission we've done has included at least one space battle. Besides, we're supposed to be trying to recruit people that were once our enemies to our side. You would think that, even if we couldn't recruit them in that moment, once we got attacked by the Vaadwaur, they would assist us.

But that was not the case.

Remember the proverb first used in 1884...

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Shouldn't Star Trek Online reflect that? :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Indeed! Space combat is nice, and these enemies have some interesting ability sets, but a breather mission or two would be nice as well as keeping in the Star Trek spirit.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • Options
    kyhas1kyhas1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Your mission is to go down to the supermarket, explore the sweet and drink section, and return with tasty noms for me.

Don't know about you, but I'm happy with this. :P

Oh no! The cashier was a Gorn, and he tried to short change you! Quick kill him then fly to the Gorn homeworld to kill 50 Gorn in revenge before flying straight into a klingon Ambush who try to steal your freshly purchased Cookies!!!!!!
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kyhas1 wrote: »
    Oh no! The cashier was a Gorn, and he tried to short change you! Quick kill him then fly to the Gorn homeworld to kill 50 Gorn in revenge before flying straight into a klingon Ambush who try to steal your freshly purchased Cookies!!!!!!

With literally no ship to back you up, despite the fact that there are hundreds of ships from the same organization flying around at any given time of the day.
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kyhas1 wrote: »

It then turns out that the Gorn was threatened by the house of Dura... Sorry, make that Torg, to short-change you, and they want both your head AND the cookies! After laughing maniacally, monologuing all of this to you, and twirling his mustache evilly the Klingon captain attacks!

I totally want this to be a foundry mission.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier