test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An opinion on gold and lifer accounts in this game

13»

Comments

• cyberpenguin73cyberpenguin73 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I bought my LTS during beta so it made sense then, but as someone coming into the game even on sale I don't see the value unless you really want to play Liberated Borg.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As of now, I don't see any purpose in buying a lifetime account. Those who bought back during hte beta phase have already got their monies worth. At this point in time, the game is just one boring grind with money sink after money sink. Your subscription won't really help you there as 500 ZEN a month buys you next to nothing. If PWE would actually make some of the lifetime perks useful, like the Captain's Table. Then I might have a different opinion. Search for threads on how to improve the Captain's Table for the many superb ideas the community has offered up.

The Veteran perks aren't anything special. Add those all up, they don't really scream being worth half of the regular cost of the lifetime sub. PWE basically abandoned adding to those as well to further add value to the lifetime sub over time. With the Trek license up for renewal next year, this game has an uncertain future until we know for sure that PWE has been confirmed to have that renewed.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like the peace and quiet the CT has. No gold spammers, no obnoxious idiots polluting zone chat, no griefers trying to annoy people with amps and such...
    :P A nice positive spin on it. Now if they jazzed it up some with special vendors and whatnot then, then it would be truly an area for those of the serenity type. :D
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè