test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Manheim Device Inquiry

stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
1. Do the duplicates created use the same weapon equipped on your ship?

2. Is it specific about visual details? For example, if you equipped andorian phasers will it also shoot blue beams or just orange color as regular phasers?

3. Is it specific about stat details? For example, if you equipped plasma-disruptors will it deal damage like plasma-disruptors or just regular disruptors?

3a. Does the damage scale with your weapons or is it static? For example, if you equipped Very Rare Mk XII weapons will it also deal damage as that or just Common Mk XII version of it.
1686is5.jpg
The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
Post edited by stolts on

Comments

• scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stolts wrote: »
    1. Do the duplicates created use the same weapon equipped on your ship?

2. Is it specific about visual details? For example, if you equipped andorian phasers will it also shoot blue beams or just orange color as regular phasers?

3. Is it specific about stat details? For example, if you equipped plasma-disruptors will it deal damage like plasma-disruptors or just regular disruptors?

3a. Does the damage scale with your weapons or is it static? For example, if you equipped Very Rare Mk XII weapons will it also deal damage as that or just Common Mk XII version of it.

1. No. They use a default set of antiproton (IIRC) and chronitons.

2. Nope, non-specific.

3. No. It uses default weaponry.

4. Static damage.

None of the stuff you use on your ship applies to it. What it does is effectively spawn two NPCs, one of which deals damage to you if damaged itself. There's a reason why it's considered a useless suicide console.
  • stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Didn't know about the "useless suicide console" tag, lol. Thank you for the data :)
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have to second the "suicide" remark. If you use the console against anything beside weak enemies you're going to end up fragged when your past self explodes. It would be hard enough healing that incarnation of yourself while fighting enemies at the same time even if it didn't look exactly the same as the future one.

I bought the Krenn in the sale in part because I liked the idea of summoning duplicates (and expected it to work the same way as the Orb of Possibilities) but in the end I ditched the console for one that wouldn't end up killing myself every time I used it. I still really like the ship (esp. the sideburns) but I'd much, much rather have Tipler Cylinder.

I'd really like to see the whole 'past affects present affects future' mechanic scrapped but I'm not holding my breath. Don't get me wrong, it's a very interesting concept and I don't mind the duplicates using standard weapons, but it just doesn't seem to work at all in practice. :( I'm having much more fun with Subspace Integration Circuit and Spatial Charge Launcher.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In my experience ive never died from the manheim console and although they are supposed to just have basic gear they seem to do more damage than basic gear allows. The problem is people just activate it whenever instead of being strategical about it.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    The problem is people just activate it whenever instead of being strategical about it.

When would you recommend?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lopequil wrote: »
    Seems great to use against tough single targets that don't use FAW, because it is only shooting one of you at a time so the amount of damage taken is the same either way. Not to mention if the bad guy is shooting the "future" you that is damage you never take.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Should be renamed to "pattern suicide".

Utterly worthless outside of being part of a set with the vastly more useful tipler console.

My personal recommendation would be never.

If you're going to use it against a strong NPC, that NPC could probably wipe out the clone in a second (note a lot of strong NPCs have AOE attacks). If you use it against a weak NPC... Well that's just a waste of a console slot.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    edited September 2014
    Try not to use it against enemy groups as for some odd reason thew clones have insane threat gen. In addition only one of the clones sends damage your way the other takes damage from you. Try to have an attaclk pattern delta ready when you use it so you take the aggro. Also if you're neare a cruiser who's using the aggro drawing command it should be fine to use it. The clones can do so!me insane damage while they're active.
    edited September 2014
    Whether you use it on the M
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Garbage console. I just keep it in my bank hoping it will one day get fixed.
    edited September 2014
    Now if they would just make it to where there was no damage transfer the console would be perfect but I'm getting tired of people who are like its garbage when they haven't even tried to use it right.
  • carterjohns1209carterjohns1209 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi everybody!

So I finally got (for trial purposes) a temporal destroyer...I cracked the box in great excitement, thinking, yay for time, err, stuff! I was chagrined to realize, the ship only comes with ONE of the two consoles I need for the specialized time, effect. Where does the other universal console come from? I'm asking of course about the Tipler Cylinder. If anyone can tell me, I'll be grateful.

@carterjohns1209, various Fed and KDF officers
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi everybody!

So I finally got (for trial purposes) a temporal destroyer...I cracked the box in great excitement, thinking, yay for time, err, stuff! I was chagrined to realize, the ship only comes with ONE of the two consoles I need for the specialized time, effect. Where does the other universal console come from? I'm asking of course about the Tipler Cylinder. If anyone can tell me, I'll be grateful.

@carterjohns1209, various Fed and KDF officers

It comes with the Temporal Science Vessel. You'll have to buy it as well.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    Now if they would just make it to where there was no damage transfer the console would be perfect but I'm getting tired of people who are like its garbage when they haven't even tried to use it right.

It is garbage. The admission that you have to "use it right" tells me that even you know that it's garbage. I mean even a sphere has killed my past ship. Try popping it against the Undine or Voth with all their spam. Photonic fleet is what the Mannheim Device wishes it was. It's just a terribly thought out console taking up space in my bank that I could delete without any problem. It is the single worst piece of equipment I own across seven toons. It is perfectly described as a monumental failure of both execution and imagination. I'd rather slot a mark 1 common biofunction monitor; that's how much of a piece of garbage the Mannheim console is.

End rant.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have to second the "suicide" remark. If you use the console against anything beside weak enemies you're going to end up fragged when your past self explodes. It would be hard enough healing that incarnation of yourself while fighting enemies at the same time even if it didn't look exactly the same as the future one.

I bought the Krenn in the sale in part because I liked the idea of summoning duplicates (and expected it to work the same way as the Orb of Possibilities) but in the end I ditched the console for one that wouldn't end up killing myself every time I used it. I still really like the ship (esp. the sideburns) but I'd much, much rather have Tipler Cylinder.

I'd really like to see the whole 'past affects present affects future' mechanic scrapped but I'm not holding my breath. Don't get me wrong, it's a very interesting concept and I don't mind the duplicates using standard weapons, but it just doesn't seem to work at all in practice. :( I'm having much more fun with Subspace Integration Circuit and Spatial Charge Launcher.

Personally -- and I've suggested this -- I think it would make sense to have a temporal engines/shields/deflector combo set since there is a canon example of each, along with T-core in place of warp core. Both the Krenim and the Relativity used T-cores in place of warp cores, if memory serves.

And I think T-shields should have a "free" bonus that prevents you from receiving incoming damage from the Manheim console, since it seems a big component of temporal shielding would be resistance or immunity from timeline alteration.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also, it seems the safe way to use Mannheim effect is to pop Temporal Backstep with the Lobi set equipped as soon as you notice incoming damage from copies.