test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does cryptic hate PvPers so much?

neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvP Gameplay
/begin rant

Since s6 it has been getting worse, for years I've heard they'll be doing something for "PvP" and nothing really has materialized.

With all these new abilities, weapons, items etc, power creep has jumped leaps and bounds, and rich players will always profit, leaving the ones who don't grind or spend that much money in the dust.

For an example after multiple complaints on how the valdore console works for shield healing, basically by firing you can keep your shields up without using a heal, then they make a new trait in Delta thats similar to the valdore console, but for hull. +5400 heal over 5 sec on a crit. This will benefit romulans immensely, as with their OP Superior Romulan Officer boffs they can crit like a TRIBBLE.

Don't get me started on AoE Subnuc and the abuses people can do with it....

/endrant

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
Post edited by neppakyo on

Comments

• cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Come join us in VPvP, we ban all that unbalanced carp that ruins it. :)
  • neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, after you have grinded everything you want, done the "story" parts (90% of the story missions are TRIBBLE, and poorly written) What else is left?

You need an end game option, and almost all mmo's its a healthy PvP community.

That's just my opinion, since s7 Cryptic has been more about instant cash than any enjoyment.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies .

P.S. I'd advise posters to avoid any intentional mis-spelling of Cryptic in the future.

~Bluegeek
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They don't hate PvPers, they just don't care about us.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited September 2014
    SHOCKER - another Doom & Gloom thread.

I think PvP is fine in STO, it's gone past the point of being ridiculous straight into -

Its pretty normal to get a couple of new 'OP universal consoles' every season.

But honestly I don't mind the extra content, it keeps the game fresh and ever changing.

It really all depends on how YOU look at it. You can either see added content as breaking the game even further, or you can accept that you are playing a game that has new content added on a regular basis.

Either way these kinds of QQ threads aren't helpful IMO.

D,
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    They don't hate PvPers, they just don't care about us.

This is basically how every pvp/rant thread should end.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is basically how every pvp/rant thread should end.

No, THIS is how every rant should end:

[Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIX [+Mod X2][-Rant]

ZAP!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.