test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New weapon suggestion: Torpedo mine

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
We have the Breen transphasic cluster mine. This is technically a warhead that behaves like mines once deployed.

How about the opposite?

Let's have a mine weapon device that sits stationary where you launch it, spits out 4 mines (but is not modifiable by dispersal pattern) and when targets get within triggering range the mines "open up" and launch TS3 chroniton torpedoes at the first 3 targets they see. Each mine would fire its own TS3.

I'm thinking basically that you take the mine/torpedo combination of the Breen warhead, and reverse the roles. That way it becomes a torpedo mine. Different gameplay mechanic for those interested in that sort of thing! More of a mine for use in traps or ambushes, for the busy captain on-the-go!
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In other words, it's a 4-pack of CAPTORs (in the vein of the US Navy's Mk60) on steroids (seeing as each device fires off a torpedo spread when triggered). An interesting concept, but... usage of TS aside, one cannot help but wonder how its usage would be much different from the various strains of torpedo platform already extant.