test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disruptor flavors

alsayyidalsayyid Member Posts: 115 Arc User
I have for the longest time run antiproton weapon setups and before that plasma was my go to energy type. However as I look at the raptor to come I am interested in creating a new setup, this time disruptor.

Disruptors are probably the most varied types. So I want to make sure my thinking on the matter is correct. I am currently considering the heavy disrupt turret along with the set bonus. Along with that perhaps if the heavy crescent weapon with its set bonus if they are upgradeable.

My question is therefore, is this is an effective setup? Also, what should my other weapons be? Elite fleet disruptors, elachi crescent, or the newer 8572 disruptors?
Post edited by alsayyid on

Comments

• Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    IMO the bio disruptors aren't good. The entire bio-subtype of weapon IMO is lackluster and worse than other weapons types.

it really depends on what you want to do. I love the elachi crescent proc. Direct shield penetration? Yes please!

I'd use them before elite fleet disruptors, though both are probably just as prohibitively expensive as each other. Since you already have the elite fleets, no reason to re-stock your pantry. I'd say go for elachi where you can and use elites where you have them.

There are some other hybrids with nice proc's on them, there are other options. I just like these the best.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    IMO the bio disruptors aren't good. The entire bio-subtype of weapon IMO is lackluster and worse than other weapons types.

it really depends on what you want to do. I love the elachi crescent proc. Direct shield penetration? Yes please!

I'd use them before elite fleet disruptors, though both are probably just as prohibitively expensive as each other. Since you already have the elite fleets, no reason to re-stock your pantry. I'd say go for elachi where you can and use elites where you have them.

There are some other hybrids with nice proc's on them, there are other options. I just like these the best.

Did you look at the bio photon torp ? The radiation effect that bypasses shields + the normal kinetic damage is better than the bonus that's on a transphasics. But ya, those Elachi disruptors sound choice.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not a fan of the biotorp radiation, but one of my toons is running it simply because it has a massively OP damage rating for a photon torpedo!

Used to be a time that photorps did only 2k damage, and TCDs did 10k with a long cooldown. Now this photorp does 4k damage every 8 seconds. Especially since TCDs got the nerf smacked into them (several times over, by now), the bio torp is awesome.

Mind you, I still don't care for the radiation proc. It's just good, even with that.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not a fan of the biotorp radiation, but one of my toons is running it simply because it has a massively OP damage rating for a photon torpedo!

Used to be a time that photorps did only 2k damage, and TCDs did 10k with a long cooldown. Now this photorp does 4k damage every 8 seconds. Especially since TCDs got the nerf smacked into them (several times over, by now), the bio torp is awesome.

Mind you, I still don't care for the radiation proc. It's just good, even with that.

The radiation damage, is actually pretty good, provided it isn't cleared in time.

I net some 1-4k+ extra damage, just from the radiation effect every proc!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!