test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Security officer at New Romulus Command

crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Romulan Discussion
There isn't one.

May we please get a security officer at New Romulus Command to turn in our contraband, tribble carcases, and whatever else. My poor, tired Reman has to go to Qo'nos or DS9 to turn in her contraband. She doesn't really care for either place. :(
Post edited by crusty8mac on

Comments

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This has been asked for a billion* times, and met with stony silence. Wish I knew why.

* may possibly be somewhat exaggerated.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    yeah wouldnt it be great if we were not a fraction? :P

seriously tho +1000
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    C'mon Cryptic, what's the deal here? It shouldn't be that hard to add a contact here, FFS. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    C'mon Cryptic, what's the deal here? It shouldn't be that hard to add a contact here, FFS. :rolleyes:
    I doubt it's a matter of being able to do it, so much as having time to implement it among everything else they're working on.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How many years do they need to place out a single NPC though? How many decades? How many centuries? ;)
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How many years do they need to place out a single NPC though? How many decades? How many centuries? ;)

I think the Security Officer will end up being a Epohh to symbolize the overall kumbayaness of the Republic. :eek:
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    I think the Security Officer will end up being a Epohh to symbolize the overall kumbayaness of the Republic. :eek:

The Epohh Lady! :D
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »

I'd give my catfood to Barney the Purple Vothosaur if it meant I didn't have to go to ESD or DS9 to drop it off all the stinkin' time...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This has been asked for a billion* times, and met with stony silence. Wish I knew why.

* may possibly be somewhat exaggerated.

cause then you can hand in at both Rom Sec Officer and your KDF or Fed Sec Officer... same reason why they took out the Rom specific DO for the Junior Officer Appreciation quest. When they first made the quest it was intended to have one... then they dropped it due to the double dip potential.
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since a few features got removed from the suliban cell freighter, i would suggest add a security officer contact and a tailor to the cell bridge. I hate it to visit earth grind dock and have to read the worst ingame chat of all times.
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    cause then you can hand in at both Rom Sec Officer and your KDF or Fed Sec Officer... same reason why they took out the Rom specific DO for the Junior Officer Appreciation quest. When they first made the quest it was intended to have one... then they dropped it due to the double dip potential.
    Bit of a rubbish excuse IMO. we have this R&D event thingie going on right now where you can periodically claim superior upgrade kits from certain npcs....Romulans can't double dip, but they have their own unique officer they can claim from in New Romulus Command.

Besides, a large part of Cryptic's paradigm (particularly at launch) with LOR seems to have been double dipping.

Giving Romulans the ability to use Fed/KDF consoles, bridge officers, duty officers, consoles, etc...while the reverse is not true.

I seem to recall that there was some dev comments way back when that indicated that it *was* intended that Romulans be able to get both....they just screwed up...and pretended like the appearance of the Romulan mission at all was a glitch that was fixed the next time it came around. I guess it was just easier to remove the mission entirely and lie about it afterwards than fix it. :(

This would seem to be in line with Cryptic's apparent strategy with the Republic-use FED/KDF content as a replacement for missing ROM-exclusive content whiel double dipping in other areas to make the Romulans more attractive as a faction choice.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Vote for security officer at New Romulus
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    please add one. my rom spends more time at qo'nos then the planet he found for RR to use as a homeworld.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is one...he's just so good at his job that we can't find him
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We've been forgotten, sorry. When PWE/Cryptic gets a case of selective amnesia don't expect much. :eek:
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah wouldnt it be great if we were not a fraction? :P

seriously tho +1000
    When the next fraction is released, half done and full of bugs. Then we'll have our upgrade.
    Just like the KDF who waited years to have a complete leveling. Amongst other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    clone the fed and kdf ones from ds9, place on new romulus command. boom 5 minutes worth of work.

also give romulans our own lore mission, you know since its the romulan backstory that sets the stage for most of the game.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gagocash wrote: »
    Since a few features got removed from the suliban cell freighter, i would suggest add a security officer contact and a tailor to the cell bridge. I hate it to visit earth grind dock and have to read the worst ingame chat of all times.

Anything would be great for the Cell ship. Someone at Cryptic must have had a bad childhood experience with a Cell ship . . . They nerfed it quite a bit.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My theory as to why New Romulus does not have a security officer for contraband turn in is this:

Romulans and Remans are not considering anything to be contraband, hence no contraband turn in.

It just does not explain why, at the bars on New Romulus, they do not serve Romulan Ale.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Especially that romulan ale was outlawed due to a general embargo on romulan star EMPIRE goods.

So the ale made by the Republic should not be illegal at all, since its a wholly different state.

Still, we need contraband kitty on New Romulus too.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.