test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A New "Error Attempting to Play Map" Issue

djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
Okay, I have a new problem with this particular mission (Mission ID: ST-HKBOCN6KX). Whenever I try to preview ANY map in this mission, I'll get an "Error Attempting to Play Map" message similar to an issue I had with another mission a couple months ago. However, this time it completely disconnects me.

I tried deleting maps from the mission, but the problem still persists. I'm starting to think this particular mission is cursed! :rolleyes:
Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, there's been a slight change since the update on the 25th. I still get an "Error Attempting to Play Map" message when I try to preview a map on that particular mission, but it's no longer disconnecting me.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    I pulled a copy of your mission and saw the same error. I'll get the issue written up and sent on.

Is anyone else having the same or a similar issue?
    STO QA Team
    edited October 2014
    Well, the issue continues. This time, I rebuilt the entire mission from scratch. I started a new mission (new ID and all). I played through the maps in the preview to test them out. I then added a few new objects (ship consoles) on a map and tried to preview it. Still getting the Error message. And when I try to publish the mission, I get the "Error during publish. Publish failed" message and I get dc'ed from the game!

This is REALLY getting frustrating, especially since I just finished making this mission and I was hoping to get it published before Oct. 14th and in time for Halloween!

Edit: Just in case this is the new mission ID:
    ST-HK52DSFA6

And here's the old one, just in case if anyone needs to look at both:
    ST-HKBOCN6KX
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One question; have you tried to remove those consoles one by one to see which console might be the issue?
    edited October 2014
    I tried removing the consoles and changed it back to the way it was before I put in the consoles. I also tried deleting some of the maps on the old version of the project. No effect, unfortunately.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

edited October 2014
    The Foundry editor is back up. However, I'm still running into the same problem with attempting to play maps in certain missions. There are now three missions I have found that have the same problem.

List of the missions giving the "Error Attempting to Play Map" message:

ST-HPW9O2H3Y

ST-HK52DSFA6

ST-HKBOCN6KX
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

• thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've been seeing this intermittently too. Playing around with it, I don't think it's a specific object or map. My current leading hypothesis is that it may be resource related.

If you can answer a couple questions:

How many maps are on missions exhibiting this problem? Of those maps, how heavily do you use detail objects? Are any of those maps at or near the detail object limit? (The limit is 475.)
    edited October 2014
    It's actually happening on every map I try in these missions. There's only a couple of maps where I've reached the object limit. However, I tested those maps about a half a dozen times before and they worked fine. I've also tried previewing maps that didn't have too many objects placed in them or characters or mobs. I'm still getting the same error.

One of missions (Eurydice) had been published over a year ago. I recently made a couple of changes, namely in some of the NPC characters (changed some of the actors in mobs around) and replacing the stone floors into metal floors. Other than that, I didn't add any more objects on the maps.

The only difference in these particular missions from some of the other stuff I've been working on is that I was incorporating some of the newer assets that were added to the Foundry (like the ESD props). I tried replacing those props and I've also tried deleting objects to see if that would correct the problem. Unfortunately that didn't work either.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    I verified this remains a valid issue on our Oct 30 release, and updated the bug in the database to reflect that this is still valid and is being seen more frequently.
    STO QA Team
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I experienced this a couple times during DR testing on Tribble while in the editor and trying to playtest a map, but it would go away if I exited the mission and reloaded it, and then after a few patches it didn't seem to be happening any more, so I forgot about it.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited October 2014
    Unfortunately I've tried that too. I've even closed out the game and restarted it, since it usually meant I got disconnected right after getting the error message.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.