test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marvel Cinematic Universe Spoilers and Speculation Thread, V. 2.0

jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Ten Forward
With Agents of Shield returning this week, what is everyone hoping to see?

Personally, I hope that with no major films on the horizon, the series will have more of a chance to stand on its own, and give its characters a little more depth. I really like the direction the series took at the end of Season 1, but I think keeping the Hydra angle under wraps for 2/3 of the season hurt it pretty badly. This year is its time to shine.
You're right. The work here is very important.
tacofangs wrote: »
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Post edited by jeffel82 on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I thought I had read that AoS was taking a break in the middle of the Season due to Avengers 2 and that they will be airing Agent Carter episodes while AoS is on break. Then AoS comes back to deal with whatever fallout comes from Avengers 2.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Avengers 2 doesn't come out until next May.

You're basically correct, though - from what I understand, Agent Carter will be laying out some threads for AoS to follow up on. I'm hoping that it's not anything season-derailing.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited September 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    With Agents of Shield returning this week, what is everyone hoping to see?

Personally, I hope that with no major films on the horizon, the series will have more of a chance to stand on its own, and give its characters a little more depth. I really like the direction the series took at the end of Season 1, but I think keeping the Hydra angle under wraps for 2/3 of the season hurt it pretty badly. This year is its time to shine.

Probably for something more Mission: Impossible-like. No big organization to turn to, but possibly a few cubby holes and supply dumps unknown to Hydra. Also, Hydra had to move before it was fully ready. They should show the consequences of that. And there's still room for loyal SHIELD agents to link up, so I'm hoping that Mockingbird comes into play soon.

Also, I'd love to discover that the Koenigs are clones and not twins. Every uber-secret base hidden from Hydra would have one, possibly all from the template of a volunteer agent "Koenig" that Fury considered steadfastly loyal. But fan speculation seems to be pointing to LMDs. I'm just wondering if LMDs would include blood.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Probably for something more Mission: Impossible-like. No big organization to turn to, but possibly a few cubby holes and supply dumps unknown to Hydra.

I think that would serve the TV-sized budget well.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Probably for something more Mission: Impossible-like. No big organization to turn to, but possibly a few cubby holes and supply dumps unknown to Hydra. Also, Hydra had to move before it was fully ready. They should show the consequences of that. And there's still room for loyal SHIELD agents to link up, so I'm hoping that Mockingbird comes into play soon.

Also, I'd love to discover that the Koenigs are clones and not twins. Every uber-secret base hidden from Hydra would have one, possibly all from the template of a volunteer agent "Koenig" that Fury considered steadfastly loyal. But fan speculation seems to be pointing to LMDs. I'm just wondering if LMDs would include blood.
    In the comics, some LMDs are so realistic that Wolverine can't tell the difference by smelling them. Soo,,, maybe,
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In the comics, some LMDs are so realistic that Wolverine can't tell the difference by smelling them. Soo,,, maybe,

Ah, well then, that certainly ups the possibility of Koenig LMDs. Though how they'll have something so (apparently) biologically sophisticated and feel they need to invent traditional androids (the upcoming Ultron) seems a bit like devolving the technology. I should note I'm referring to the form of Ultron, not the mind.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I noticed on some of the new publicity cast posters, Ward is still included. Ugh. I didn't even like him before. I really wish he'd stay gone now.

Also hoping they fix their pacing problem. S1 just dragged so badly, and I was about to give up on it when Winter Soldier gave it some life, but even that was starting to wear off near the end. They better figure out how to keep some momentum this time, or it just can't last.

Plus I pretty much expect the last couple eps of the season to basically be one long buildup to Avengers 2, and that kind of 'storyline as commercial for later thing' can get lame quickly.

Altogether, want it to be good, but not expecting it to.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ah, well then, that certainly ups the possibility of Koenig LMDs. Though how they'll have something so (apparently) biologically sophisticated and feel they need to invent traditional androids (the upcoming Ultron) seems a bit like devolving the technology. I should note I'm referring to the form of Ultron, not the mind.
    Another is the Diamondback LMD. She LIVED with Captain America for a while. That case was particularly depressing, because the LMD had complex enough behavior to pass for a proper android. (albeit one with a sleeper program) She spent a while acting as his sidekick, and Cap had NO idea she wasn't human. Until a fight where she gets injured more severely than a minor scrape or bruise, and then you see metal under her skin for a second before the wound repaired itself...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't wait for Doctor Strange to happen so AoS can deal with the revelation that magic does exist.

Gonna blow Coulson's mind with that.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It's bbaaacckkkkk......

HAIL HYDRA!!!!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    With a solid episode, too. Good momentum for the new season.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, very strong opening for the new season.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Well that was a fantastic opener.

The villain seemed genuinely threatening.
    What's-her-name probably isn't dead, maybe a winter soldier style arm is needed though.
    I did think that Sky would have been able to touch the thing though.
    I like Sky's new hairstyle.
    Kraken is another old Whedon actor (This time from Dollhouse).
    I think the opening is a great taste of Agent Carter.
    Poor Fitz, plus the idea of lasting mental consequences for Fitz and Ward were great.
    I don't think the obelisk is a infinity gem, just a bloody powerful object.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Awww WTF did they do to Lucy Lawless ?

I hope she comes back and kills EVERYONE- starting with the writers.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Awww WTF did they do to Lucy Lawless ?

I hope she comes back and kills EVERYONE- starting with the writers.

When they announced they'd cast her, I think they said it was a multi-episode deal, so hopefully she'll be back.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    that scene seemed like setup. It seemed obvious to me that they were doing that as a way of explaining why she's not a normal human later.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Well that was a fantastic opener.

The villain seemed genuinely threatening.
    What's-her-name probably isn't dead, maybe a winter soldier style arm is needed though.
    I like Sky's new hairstyle.
    Kraken is another old Whedon actor (This time from Dollhouse).
    I think the opening is a great taste of Agent Carter.
    Poor Fitz, plus the idea of lasting mental consequences for Fitz and Ward were great.
    I don't think the obelisk is a infinity gem, just a bloody powerful object.

^agreed!
    Though I'm not sure I'd agree regarding the obelisk. My little jury is still out on that one. If nothing else, giving the TV show one of the infinity gems kind of helps the show's survival by making it such an important part of the MCU. At least 1/6th of the MCU.

More Spoilers ahead:

By the way, you have to watch it online to stop the video and really see it, but that crate Dum Dum Dugan (loved seeing him and Morita) was opening, only to have Carter slam it shut: that was a blue arm inside with a tatoo of one of those weird alien symbols Skye was trying to unlock. So likely the corpse used to save Skye?

I gather Coulson's reference to getting help from friends in London is a reference to S.T.R.I.K.E. . Lance Hunter is along for the ride, at least.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I gather Coulson's reference to getting help from friends in London is a reference to S.T.R.I.K.E. . Lance Hunter is along for the ride, at least.

Wasn't STRIKE Rumlow's bunch from Winter Soldier?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i didn't care for the first episode. i wanted to like it but it was just too different, and way too dark. one character in prison in a basement, another insane, a third left the team. shield stealing from the government. it all just felt wrong. more uber-powered alien weapons we know nothing about. the only cool part was the absorbing man; especially when he pulled that ball and chain. i'm just not feeling the rest.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Yeah, for a second there I got the impression she was going to grab it, and be able to hold it without ill effect.

Great opener, can't wait until next week!
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    that object though... the level of hinting as to what it might be.... we'll find out eventually for sure.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing