test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Low lvl ground weapon upgrade

plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
When somebody try to upgrade low lvl item like " Phaser Wide Beam Pistol Mk I " it will always change its skin to the weapon skin of rank that is upgraded to.

I would love it for the weapons to only change its stats but not skin whenever we upgrade an item to higher rank , just that small thing would give more variety of usable weapons in ground combat.
This change would affect upgrade system as well because of more unique looking weapons that people would like to use(weapons that were used in ST TV shows) and it would give a greater boost to upgrade system of ground weapons because there is at least 12 skins(every rank have its own skin) for every weapon(phaser/disruptor/plasma etc..).

12 skins = 12 different looking weapons = 12 different upgrade paths for ground weapons(each weapon type) = more dilithium spending = more moneyz for cryptic :D.

Pretty please :D.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by plox21 on

Comments

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A dev mentioned the models and firing effects are directly tied to the mark of the weapon, so I doubt this will happen. It is a shame, I'd much rather use mk I weapon models than the majority of the ones available at endgame. Even the newer plasma weapons, which are already pretty great, look better at lower mark.
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was disappoint when I realized I could not upgrade lower tier disruptor guns without changing their looks. The Mk.X+ ones look like clubs rather than rifles. Would be nice if we could use the many weapon models that are in game, but only used for a few levels.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ... ... ... You know ... ... In all the time that I have been playing STO... I have never once known any one to remark;

'Wow, these glowy bits on my new weapon/kit are cool!'

It has never happened. Not once. In fact no one, not one single person, has ever said anything positive about them at all.

Every statement, comment and remark I have ever known regarding the appearance of ground weapons was a complaint about the glowing parts.

This being the case, can we not just strip the holographic rubbish from everything and be done with it?

Or am I mistaken in my assumption that no one likes it. Is there a silent majority that actually thinks these things look cool?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ... ... ... You know ... ... In all the time that I have been playing STO... I have never once known any one to remark;

'Wow, these glowy bits on my new weapon/kit are cool!'

It has never happened. Not once. In fact no one, not one single person, has ever said anything positive about them at all.

Every statement, comment and remark I have ever known regarding the appearance of ground weapons was a complaint about the glowing parts.

This being the case, can we not just strip the holographic rubbish from everything and be done with it?

Or am I mistaken in my assumption that no one likes it. Is there a silent majority that actually thinks these things look cool?

The TOS and Relativity rifles retain more canon looks. The Relativity rifle is actually a Cryptic design but looks appropriate to the canon Relativity pistol.
  • blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this is so bogus. i was actually really excited thinking that i'd be able to carry an actual phaser now and not a nerf gun.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    blevok wrote: »
    this is so bogus. i was actually really excited thinking that i'd be able to carry an actual phaser now and not a nerf gun.

Well, if it's any consolation... if you have the Type 2 Fed Phaser from the Original Series pack.. you can upgrade that, and it stays looking "right" ...