test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So with the upgrade system and all...

johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
.. does this mean we will be getting regular "lvl and/or mark"-upgrades`?

I mean gecko really likes to implement stuff that can be extended upon easily and this upgrade system just for two additional marks seems like a bit excessive for him if he didnt already plan on using it again in the forseeable future.

At least thats what my spider senses tell me:)

Okay after fleet admiral there is hardly any rank left, but that doesnt necessarily mean no future lvl cap increases..

he also said somewhere they are planning a revamp of the whole skill-/lvling-system so I'm thinking they are setting themselves up to have a more continuously upgradeable setup that can handle many future cap increases.

ANyone else had that thought?
Post edited by johnsteward on

Comments

• varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    .. does this mean we will be getting regular "lvl and/or mark"-upgrades`?

I mean gecko really likes to implement stuff that can be extended upon easily and this upgrade system just for two additional marks seems like a bit excessive for him if he didnt already plan on using it again in the forseeable future.

At least thats what my spider senses tell me:)

Okay after fleet admiral there is hardly any rank left, but that doesnt necessarily mean no future lvl cap increases..

he also said somewhere they are planning a revamp of the whole skill-/lvling-system so I'm thinking they are setting themselves up to have a more continuously upgradeable setup that can handle many future cap increases.

I certainly hope not. I left other games that went that route. Nothing but a hamster wheel.

My buddy tells me he read an article a couple years back saying they wanted to raise the cap once to fleet admiral and that was it. If so, that was still a couple years ago. Things change of course but I hope that doesn't.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can already created earlier Mark Equipment. Presumably you could upgrade those. So that is something.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The change to the Rep System showed an "Oh, we might be around for a wee while..." thought pattern emerge - so it would make sense that they're going to build with the future in mind.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Assuming the game is across for another 3-10 years then eventually going to see rank 70, then 80 etc. it might not be above fleet admiral as an actual named rank but i think its naive to think that there wont be some type of increase past 60.

if there is then weapons and equipment would surely follow.

i suspect gold is now the max quality we will see. that is meant to be beyond ultra rare and even give 3 or 4 years many people wont have much gold equipment but i can totally see mk 15 and 16 at some point and this gives them the option to do that.