test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lobi jemmy sets suggestion.

rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
I think it's fair to say that there has been a visible effort on cryptics part to protect our current investments in endgame gear as we move into the new endgame of delta rising.

Which makes the decision to not recognize the investment in lobi enhanced jemmy sets all the more inexplicable

I would like to suggest, respectfully, that this decision be revisited.

Imo, even a partial upgrade would suffice.

Those of us who went this route now have three pieces of kit.

Improving the mark or quality of even one piece would go a long way towards offsetting the lobi investment.

It is also worth pointing out that the announcement of no consideration in this regard followed a sale on the the ground set by a scant two days.

Which, at best, can be characterized as cynical, and put of step with the rest of the preparations for DR.
Post edited by rinkster on

Comments

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Your investment already gives you an advantage.

1: You already are at Mk XII Purple, so you already have a significant head-start for upgrading it to XIV Gold. The mission reward set is only XI Blue.

2: You also get a free uniform. The mission reward set doesn't include a uniform at all. The other Lobi uniforms sell for 200 Lobi, so that is 200 Lobi that you don't need to pay.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Once Delta hits, that 'head start' doesn't mean much of anything. The difference is not so great as you imagine. It's One Mark higher than the freebie set- which is not going to cost much to upgrade in DR, compared to 150 Lobi.

so at the end of the day, you are paying 150 Lobi (~$30) for a uniform and a marginal effectiveness boost.

Keeping in mind that Cryptic ended the Lobi sale 2 days before letting us know 'Oh yeah, you can just use the crafting system to upgrade that set in DR, no need to spend $30 to get it'

IMO it's foolhardy to pretend that folks who bought either of the Jem'Hadar sets (but the space ones in particular) are getting a fair deal.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i'd like to see something special done here too but I fear we wont see anything like that from cryptic..