What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official New Delta Quadrant Mission "The Dragon's Deceit" Feedback Thread

2»

Comments

• toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    arabatur wrote: »
    Finding Voyager at the end is a pain the a$$ - a marker is definitely required.

I was honestly just about to comment on that myself. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't want to seem like a jerk as I am honestly not trying or intending to be one but the reference/mention of Isoboramine at the end of the previous episode/mission for me pretty much gave away the 'big reveal' of this one. :rolleyes:
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow, in that cutscene where the bug comes out, I just sat there for a few mins lol.

You got me, I did not expect that!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't want to seem like a jerk as I am honestly not trying or intending to be one but the reference/mention of Isoboramine at the end of the previous episode/mission for me pretty much gave away the 'big reveal' of this one. :rolleyes:
    Well, that was probably the idea; anyone well versed in ST lore would think they've seen that word before, but also know it seems like a more obscure bit that they have to think about... some would instantly make the connection, sure, but not everyone

And during the part where they're thinking, enter twist, thus both shocking and later 'I knew it!' - but anyone else who isn't that well-versed would just be shocked, because they certainly wouldn't remember/expect a one-off creature like that little one...
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • morimikomorimiko Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dragon's Deciet is bugged for me and the mini boss in holes and corners will not spawn after 4 attempts, so unable to complete mission to unlock bug hunt queue.
    This is part with guard trapped in force field and tunnel to lower levels is blocked off till you defeat the mini boss.

Wish you would not make any STF queue be "locked" to any episode mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After you trap the guard in the force field, commander galik doesn't spawn, halting mission progress.
  • spessmehreenspessmehreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    After you trap the guard in the force field, commander galik doesn't spawn, halting mission progress.

I second this
    The Spice Must Flow...
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I'm having this issue as well. It was a fun mission up until this pont.
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    boss/miniboss doesn't spawn for Defeat Leader part :( have to skip the mission.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Must have been a recent patch that broke this one.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Must have been a recent patch that broke this one.

Same for me. The leader is not spawning thus cannot be defeated. Had to skip the mission.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Same. I would love to be able to test the bug queue for you, but I can't as long as this happens.

(My test character is KDF, if that helps.)
  • patrohel123patrohel123 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    boss/miniboss doesn't spawn for Defeat Leader part :( have to skip the mission.

same for me - broken :(

must have been last patch this week or something....

impossible to progress to Galik or beyond
    edited September 2014
    Galik is still bugged and not showing up.
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The leader also doesn't spawn for me so i cant finish the mission and i really want to.
  • necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2014

In the sub-mission "Holes and Corners", once you trap the officer in the force field and he calls for help, Commander Galik doesn't spawn. Because of this, you can not complete the task "Defeat Leader" and therefor can not complete the mission :(

I've logged out for 5 minutes to reset the map and tried again, and I've dropped the mission. Same issue every time. My mission difficulty is set to Elite if that matters, and my character is level 60.

ticket ID #47,392
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Another thing to fix is the player and the zipline handle, which will line up more if you move the player a little left.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    necriemoon wrote: »
    In the sub-mission "Holes and Corners", once you trap the officer in the force field and he calls for help, Commander Galik doesn't spawn. Because of this, you can not complete the task "Defeat Leader" and therefor can not complete the mission :(

I've logged out for 5 minutes to reset the map and tried again, and I've dropped the mission. Same issue every time. My mission difficulty is set to Elite if that matters, and my character is level 60.

ticket ID #47,392

The same issue occurs for me. I've tried on Normal as well and my character level is 56 and Galik still does not spawn. I've tried killing the guards fighting the fire as well and coming back in and Galik still does not spawn.
  • haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Add me to the list of people for whom the leader didn't spawn. Dropped and restarted mission, and he still didn't show up.
    edited October 2014
    Galik now shows up...

however now i am no longer able to continue after defeating Telen.
  • morimikomorimiko Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem, can get past first mini boss now but after 2nd boss in bug hunt, it locks up again with no advancement options after defeating him.

Also, to play again you have to go all the way from the beginning, instead of restarting at the tunnel, which after all the attempts to complete this mission is no longer worth playing it.

While this mission is neat, if should not be an unlock for an STF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    morimiko wrote: »
    Same problem, can get past first mini boss now but after 2nd boss in bug hunt, it locks up again with no advancement options after defeating him.

Also, to play again you have to go all the way from the beginning, instead of restarting at the tunnel, which after all the attempts to complete this mission is no longer worth playing it.

While this mission is neat, if should not be an unlock for an STF.

Except for the part where the Bluegill are a major spoiler and twist. Having Bug Hunt instantly available kinda kills it for the people who aren't following the blogs and the forums.

Fix the progression problems and it won't be an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Galik now shows up...

however now i am no longer able to continue after defeating Telen.

This problem right here. I guess I have to wait another week to try and play through this again.
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I ran through the mission several times, i had a few issues with a lot of things, in no particular order.

Aside from not being able to progress after Talik is defeated, many of the areas that you use the zip line and repel, the character placement is way off. 3 very notable spots are the spot you zip line across after moving the crane you clip into the side of the floor. The second one is repelling down to the 2 optional guards you can attack. The last one is after lowering the force field and repelling down most of the time your clipping into the side of the cliff.

The 2 optional guys you can attack when you engage them, they attack with their fire extinguishers.

There are 2 moments when you have to incapacitate the guy at the console i wish there was a sneaky way to do it, not just get into a fire fight with him.

After you create the rock slide and repel down the cliff the enemies run away and just vanish, they don't teleport out of there they just run of the hill and vanish. it looks silly in the other areas the enemies will at least be in another room or knocked out which makes sense but why did they just vanish?

i did really enjoy the twist to the mission though i just wish i could complete it.
  • dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A little help please...I just defeated Telen. Now what? There's one bug I'm trying to find but I can't get to it. Anything else I should be doing?
  • karinaedeweisskarinaedeweiss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Second this kinda tiresome to do it fast w/out markers((
  • akarath2007akarath2007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Second this kinda tiresome to do it fast w/out markers((

I agree i got to the end of the tunnels got killed had to also go all the way across from the begining also.I hate to be a jerk but i just don't have the time to redo this over and over again so i had to drop this mission. Please make a save point closer.