test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

t5 upgrade for fleet odessey

iramveeriramveer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Federation Discussion
Just a question, maybe a little more like a worried QUESTION.
They have t5 upgradeable to t5U. Now the list of upgradeable ships ive seen , it does not contain the fleet odyssey star cruiser. Its like 200k fleet credits!!
Could someone confirm this cuz ive worked really hard to earn fleet credits for buying a fleet odessey just to find out this ship cant be upgraded?!?!
Please could someone confirm this? Thx
Post edited by iramveer on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The 9 Console free Odyssey does not get an Upgrade; nor does any other 9 Console ship which does not cost Zen to purchase.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The 9 Console free Odyssey does not get an Upgrade; nor does any other 9 Console ship which does not cost Zen to purchase.

This. The basic Odyssey may be available in the fleet store, but it is not, and has never been, a Fleet Ship (the C-Store Oddy has Fleet-equivalent stats).
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • lordkasulordkasu Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't waste those fleet marks on that ship, it is inferior to any of the c-store Oddys.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iramveer wrote: »
    Now the list of upgradeable ships ive seen , it does not contain the fleet odyssey star cruiser. Its like 200k fleet credits!!

From http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7002163
    Tier 5 starships that have been omitted from this list, as they don’t qualify for an upgrade, are those that fall into one of the following categories:

Starships with a Dilithium or Rank-Up Token cost
    Starships that cost Fleet Credits only
    Starships that are awarded from completion of an episode
    Mirror Universe Starships

The Oddy you're talking about falls into the two middle categories I bolded, as it currently costs 200k FC, and was originally a reward fro completing an Anniversary episode.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Odyssey in the fleet shipyard is not a fleet ship.
  • george021898george021898 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just a question, maybe a little more like a worried QUESTION.
    They have t5 upgradeable to t5U. Now the list of upgradeable ships ive seen , it does not contain the fleet odyssey star cruiser. Its like 200k fleet credits!!
    Could someone confirm this cuz ive worked really hard to earn fleet credits for buying a fleet odessey just to find out this ship cant be upgraded?!?!
    Please could someone confirm this? Thx

Yeah, I'm very disappointed about this, too.
    And there are other 9 console ships that are upgradeable for free, such as a the Dyson Science Destroyers. Just like DSDs were event ships, the Odyssey was part of the 2nd anniversary event.

And the Odyssey is the flagship of the Federation. It should be upgradable.
    I really enjoy flying my free Oddy, but am very disappointed that I will no longer be able to fly it after Delta Rising comes out.

This is my only complaint about Delta Rising.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And there are other 9 console ships that are upgradeable for free, such as a the Dyson Science Destroyers. Just like DSDs were event ships, the Odyssey was part of the 2nd anniversary event.

I really enjoy flying my free Oddy, but am very disappointed that I will no longer be able to fly it after Delta Rising comes out.

There is a big difference between the dsd and the oddy. They may have both been anniversary ships, but one was a single mission reward whereas the other was a grind ship. (like the risian/breen ships)
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited September 2014
    If you really like the Odyssey then buy one of the C-Store versions.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • iramveeriramveer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I totally agree here, i love the star cruiser oddy, it should be able to be upgradeable
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It won't be... get practical to what is more functional.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just wish I could swap out where the Aquarius is on my c-store oddy with the shuttle bay the non c-store one has. I never use the Aquarius console and like the look of the shuttle bay more.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I totally agree here, i love the star cruiser oddy, it should be able to be upgradeable

The upgrade is in the Cstore, it comes in 3 variants as a bonus!
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What they need to do is create a Tier 6 Fleet Odyssey...nuff said take my money Cryptic.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What they need to do is create a Tier 6 Fleet Odyssey...nuff said take my money Cryptic.

Almost every low tier ship has a retrofit version bumping them up to T5; that being the case, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the native T5s get retrofit versions at T6 at some point.
  • george021898george021898 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    truewarper wrote: »
    It won't be... get practical to what is more functional.

It's all about optimization. In my fleet credit Oddy, I placed first in the Crystalline Entity event 6/14 times and never placed out of the top three. This was on teams comprising of Schimitars, Defiants, Avengers, Vestas, and other assorted "more functional" ships.

The Odyssey is the flagship and all of its versions should be upgradable.
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Almost every low tier ship has a retrofit version bumping them up to T5; that being the case, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the native T5s get retrofit versions at T6 at some point.

Well if I'm not mistaken the Odyssey and the Vesta are the (I think) only ships that never really got a true "fleet" upgrade in the form of a refit/retrofit. Even the new Avenger got one. Do you think if we all protest and have a demonstration at ESD like the Gal-X captains did that Cryptic will listen?
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well if I'm not mistaken the Odyssey and the Vesta are the (I think) only ships that never really got a true "fleet" upgrade in the form of a refit/retrofit. Even the new Avenger got one. Do you think if we all protest and have a demonstration at ESD like the Gal-X captains did that Cryptic will listen?

Cstore Ody & Vesta were already Fleet grade. Now you can make it T5U, no protest required.