test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Secondary Deflectors on Science Ships

fyremousefyremouse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I thought I saw earlier this year that with an update all science ships were going to get a secondary Deflector slot. Is this still on the roadmap?

Thanks,
FyreMouse
Proud to be a Lifer.
I earned my 1000 days the hard way and I still come back...
Post edited by fyremouse on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It will, supposedly, be coming out after Delta Rising. The Dev team was forced to focus efforts on the new Expansion Pack to meet the Marketing Team's release schedule.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i predict they will come after gamma quadrant in early 2016. and this is third topic today with exact same title.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Frankly, they should maybe NOT do yet another expansion next year (They basically did 2 a year and 5 months apart), or at least not until they add stuff they're putting on the backburner and FIX BUGS!
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Didn't we get this exact same thread yesterday?

I really wish people would check before they make new threads.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The new sci ship looks like it has 2 deflectors (in the art pics of it they posted a couple blogs ago)
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i reckon people should start new threads about it every day.
    and loadouts, and uniform slots, and brel skins, and the fleet guramba, etc.

every day.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,846 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i reckon people should start new threads about it every day.
    and loadouts, and uniform slots, and brel skins, and the fleet guramba, etc.

every day.

Hoping they will actually listen and care?
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This reminds me, I haven't seen a new thread about secondary deflectors for 3 hours.

*Off to make one*
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ya I've pretty much lost all hope of secondary deflectors coming anytime soon... willing to bet this new tier 6 sci ship will come with one :rolleyes:
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Hoping they will actually listen and care?

i guess just making sure they know that i still care.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It will, supposedly, be coming out after Delta Rising. The Dev team was forced to focus efforts on the new Expansion Pack to meet the Marketing Team's release schedule.

I seem to recall an anouncement on secondary deflectors coming out shortly after 9.5 so what will it be this time when it doesn't show up in DR?

What's also interesting is that when people have perfectly valid points or questions about why something we were told would be coming out "soon" it's always some fanboy excuse or some nonsense about a dead horse, it's called holding a business to a higher standard, we'd have so few problems in the mmo community if more people did that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    As I pointed out in the post you read and replied to, it is coming out AFTER Delta Rising, not in.

And at what point did I mention anything about a dead horse?
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I seem to recall an anouncement on secondary deflectors coming out shortly after 9.5 so what will it be this time when it doesn't show up in DR?

Shortly for them is a long time

1) DR is released
    2) They spend October and part of November fixing bugs
    3) Silence on the bug fixing front, they have to release the Winter Event once more on us (and it's probably a sci ship, otherwise, they really really hate science). Also working on another release. They push back the deflectors until then.
    4) We get those deflectors all the way in February
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

1) DR is released
    3) Silence on the bug fixing front, they have to release the Winter Event once more on us (and it's probably a sci ship, otherwise, they really really hate science). Also working on another release. They push back the deflectors until then.
    I would not be the least bit surprised to see it not come out until after the Winter/Anniversary Event.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

1) DR is released

Perhaps...I say later as they're going to be taking time to work on the next anniversary event as well. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Perhaps...I say later as they're going to be taking time to work on the next anniversary event as well. :rolleyes:

Then they'll have to consider the next lockbox and next summer event...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    Then they'll have to consider the next lockbox and next summer event...

Maybe we'll see them in a year if they don't push a new expansion...:P
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Maybe we'll see them in a year if they don't push a new expansion...:P

If they do another expansion, my bet would be they would make it for Feb 2016.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I kinda fear If/When Secondary Deflectors are introduced, they might be T6 only.
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I kinda fear If/When Secondary Deflectors are introduced, they might be T6 only.

this is my exact fear as well
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Don't be stupid. If they're open to T6 ships, T8s have no exciting new abilities that make them an interesting option different from T7U, which are hallucinatorily no more powerful than T5Us as the latter "are good enough" for the newest content.

What you SHOULD be asking is why we still aren't getting a free ship chit at 70, when we haven't had one since 40.

The secondary deflectors will be out early into the 'Core Collapse' expansion in a "few" months, or just before Extragalactic Void at the latest.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Secondary deflectors dont bring much money, hence low low low priority.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Secondary deflectors dont bring much money, hence low low low priority.

Sci ships don't bring in much money because all most people care about is the pew pew. Doesn't help with how weak Cryptic makes them...I mean the Scryer has to be the weakest Sci ship I've ever seen.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Yeah, sure.. in the beginning, we were supossed to get secondary deflectors within season 9. We not only didnt have secondary deflectors then, not in 9.5 and not in the next expansion. What im wondering is.. why you guys keep thinking that we will get secondary deflectors someday?? lol. That is the big question. I will understand it if you guys are newbie.. but most of you are "experienced" players xD... one will keep in mind, it is another feature that will be forgotten, like the loadout system or other things around. Get used to it, people, seriously. Secondary deflectors are a HUGE work. And it is not profitable. Everythig that you think needs to be added, finished or improved, but it is not profitable, it will not happen (even if 200% of the player base want it desperately...). Im amazed so many people still didnt learn the lesson by now.. xD.