test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"little dilithium"

bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
Eagerly waiting for the definition of "little". :cool:
Tck7dQ2.jpg
Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bernatk wrote: »
    Eagerly waiting for the definition of "little". :cool:

I wouldn't hold your breath considering how long we had to wait for the definition of "competitive". :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    according to people on 4chan

whites cost 700 dil for +2000 TP.
    blue costs 950 dil for +5000 TP,
    and purple 1075 dil for +12800 TP.

If you are talking about upgrades.

If this is true, it doesn't seem to be that bad. As such, it will probably get nerfed. :(
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cost of upgrading a spire tactical console to MK XIII using rare kits

5000 dil
    40k ec
    10 uncommon components
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well you have to use kits on an item multiple times before it upgrades.

This is was the 4channers entire post

>I upgraded purple XI beam array to XIV using only green/basic upgrades - it took way over a 100 of them and applying each did cost 700 dil for +2000 TP. Now I'm starting to craft blue/improved and purple/superior upgrades to try to get it up to gold. Applying a blue costs 950 dil for +5000 TP, and purple 1075 dil for +12800 TP.

Derp. I forgot you have to be level 15 in an area of crafting to get the purple ones. In which case... TRIBBLE. (I haven't even bothered with crafting on any of my characters.)

Note to self: Get higher levels in crafting quick.
  • Options
    teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cost of upgrading a spire tactical console to MK XIII using rare kits

5000 dil
    40k ec
    10 uncommon components

That's actually a reasonable cost, IMO.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Derp. I forgot you have to be level 15 in an area of crafting to get the purple ones. In which case... TRIBBLE. (I haven't even bothered with crafting on any of my characters.)

They're not bound.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Getting to 15 isn't that hard, even if you never craft any item ever, it should only take like 90-95 days.

I wish it didn't take even that long. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to levels 5, 10, and 15 respectively?
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    They're not bound.

I know, and I would be more than willing to buy them. But we don't know how much they'll sell for on the exchange.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Well you have to use kits on an item multiple times before it upgrades.

This is was the 4channers entire post

>I upgraded purple XI beam array to XIV using only green/basic upgrades - it took way over a 100 of them and applying each did cost 700 dil for +2000 TP. Now I'm starting to craft blue/improved and purple/superior upgrades to try to get it up to gold. Applying a blue costs 950 dil for +5000 TP, and purple 1075 dil for +12800 TP.
    I ran into a bug where a MK XII Ultra Rare TR-116B dropped down to a MK X Ultra Rare TR-116B on the first application of an upgrade.

I managed to get it up to a MK XIV Legendary after a few minutes, but that initial drop seemed like a bug.

Also, the 700 dil per application of each tech upgrade is way too high.

I had well over 400k in dil and managed to eat right through all of it in about 10 minutes.

On just one item.

Recommend turning the Dilithium cost into a single time cost of 8000 dil per upgrade level (meaning each time the counter hits 100%), that way there the player is still able to make progress on upgrading this gear rather than be completely bankrupt after only 10 minutes of playing this system.

First hand accounts. I think having level 15 in R&D is a definite advantage.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Level 5 = 48,000
    48,000/6000 = 8 days

Level 10 = 180,000
    180,000/6000 = 30 days

Level 15 = 630,000
    630,000/6000 = 105 days

However, once you reach level 10, your chance of getting a crit on the daily projects, and thus gaining 7,000 exp instead of 6,000 EXP. is like 71%, so, due to all the cirts, it takes like 94 days to reach level 15.

This is assuming you NEVER craft anything ever.

how much faster would it go if I did craft stuff?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Level 5 = 48,000
    48,000/6000 = 8 days

Level 10 = 180,000
    180,000/6000 = 30 days

Level 15 = 630,000
    630,000/6000 = 105 days

However, once you reach level 10, your chance of getting a crit on the daily projects, and thus gaining 7,000 exp instead of 6,000 EXP. is like 71%, so, due to all the cirts, it takes like 94 days to reach level 15.

This is assuming you NEVER craft anything ever.

If you use purple doffs, I thinks it evens out to 90 days (maybe even a bit less). I'm glad I'm almost done with the level 15 grinds x 4 schools on 4 toons.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    how much faster would it go if I did craft stuff?

It's a bit complicated, but I'll assume you already put about 15 days to get 3 schools to level 5, and love grinding STFs for hours on end every day or have a lot of EC and can spare a bit of dil to speed things up.

Every day craft x4 whatever Mk X for 6 hours giving you 20,400 XP a day. You might have to speed up the last hour of each to use a 24 hour cycle. Of course you can spend more EC and save the dil crafting mk VI items for 4 hours and then kicking off the daily, but the ROI on the exchange this way is horrible.

Given you were already at 48,000 in all schools (I'm simplifying here).

630,000-48,000=582,000

582,000/20,400=29 days

So going this route, it takes you 44 days to get one school up to level 15. (About 15 days and then 29 days going faster in one school)

The way some people with $$$ did it? Spend a bit over a million dil speeding your way there.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You don't need to. Presently even superior upgrades are VERY cheap to produce. Prices should settle down on the exchange to reflect that soon after DR's launch.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You don't need to. Presently even superior upgrades are VERY cheap to produce. Prices should settle down on the exchange to reflect that soon after DR's launch.

Define "cheap" (as in cost on the exchange). Congratulations everyone, we've gone full circle.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know this may sound stupid, but the spire tac consoles dont get any more mods on them do they?

I didn't think they would but, you never know.

maybe if they increase in rarity, which i havent done yet, even then no clue
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For anyone who wants to know

Whites give a 1dil/2.8TP ratio
    Blue give a 1dil/5.2TP ratio
    Purple give a 1dil/11.9TP ratio

Interesting, I really like this upgrade system...very muddled when coupled with the crafting system but on its own...it's rather refined.

I wonder what accelerators do? Multipliers I hope

Edit: about the tact mods, remember a few weeks ago when we all had slightly better gear? Damage went up...i don't remember if crit did...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Someone posted a pic on 4chan.

MK14 EPIC fleet consoles give
    +37.5% weapon damage
    +9.4 crit severity

So basically, when the Holodeck slip up happened, we were all playing epic Mk XIV. Lol, I felt so powerful those days.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Someone posted a pic on 4chan.

MK14 EPIC fleet tac consoles give
    +37.5% weapon damage
    +9.4 crit severity

Were they not the stats that got pushed onto Holodeck by accident a couple weeks back? I suspected they were the Mk XIV stats...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Define "cheap" (as in cost on the exchange). Congratulations everyone, we've gone full circle.

Something that most people should be able to afford. (not hard)

My guess (if you don't have any imagination yourself) 50,000-100,000 EC for superior components which is around the cost of production of the one I'm looking at right now.

On launch day demand is certainly going to push things quite higher than that but once things settle down we'll probably find ourselves in a similar situation as crafting components (same mechanics, just more of a reason to make them.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Something that most people should be able to afford. (not hard)

My guess (if you don't have any imagination yourself) 50,000-100,000 EC for superior components which is around the cost of production of the one I'm looking at right now.

On launch day demand is certainly going to push things quite higher than that but once things settle down we'll probably find ourselves in a similar situation as crafting components (same mechanics, just more of a reason to make them.)

Day 1:
    Rush to sell those babies for a profit if you can.

Afterwards:
    Use them yourself.

So glad I'll be up to level 15 right before 10/14/14
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will let it count down. Since I don't have that kind of dil to spend like that. Even the regular crafting I'm doing the 20 hour one only.

So I can wait it out. Only Dil I will be spending is the mats to make the stuff. When it requires.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    I will let it count down. Since I don't have that kind of dil to spend like that. Even the regular crafting I'm doing the 20 hour one only.

So I can wait it out. Only Dil I will be spending is the mats to make the stuff. When it requires.

Start stockpiling now, by the time Delta Rising launches, you should be sitting on quite a substantial amount of dilithium...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg