test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QoL: Fleet members contribution of x number of days

lanceandragon#1584 lanceandragon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Controls and User Interface
Would It be possible to add a way in the fleet UI roster window or the leader board to see fleet members contributions over the week, 2 weeks and month. It would give fleet leaders to a way to see how there participation levels are in their fleets
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What good would this do other than show who was lucky enough to slot fleet marks and who drew the booby prize and donated dil? This just gives fleet leaders another opportunity to grief their members by saying unless you donate to get x fleet credits you get no access to stores.

It rewards nobody and you can already see what progress your base is making by the number of completed projects.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would vote for a version of this in that Fleet leaders would be able to see WHO contributed in the last week, 2 weeks, month etc,.. but not WHAT was contributed.

For example, a Fleet leader would be able to see that Member X contributed to project Y on the Embassy, but would not be able to see exactly what that member contributed.

I agree that it would be a quick way to determine who is or is not actively participating. (Assuming participation is part of the requirements for being in the fleet)
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    What good would this do other than show who was lucky enough to slot fleet marks and who drew the booby prize and donated dil? This just gives fleet leaders another opportunity to grief their members by saying unless you donate to get x fleet credits you get no access to stores.

It rewards nobody and you can already see what progress your base is making by the number of completed projects.

If your fleet does that then it sucks and you need to get out. Find a group of people that give a rat's about their members as more than just numbers.

A few bad actors does not make this less of a good idea.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The point of all this is that fleet leaders already can monitor their members activities simply by using the fleet leaderboards. If they create a screen shot of the leaderboard each week they can easily see what activity each member has done over any period of time.

There really is no point in getting the devs to code in filters at all especially since the leaderboards are obtainable through the gateway and you can even copy paste the entire thing into an excel spreadsheet. Make an effort yourself before wasting the devs time to do something you can already do and few people want.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    The point of all this is that fleet leaders already can monitor their members activities simply by using the fleet leaderboards. If they create a screen shot of the leaderboard each week they can easily see what activity each member has done over any period of time.

There really is no point in getting the devs to code in filters at all especially since the leaderboards are obtainable through the gateway and you can even copy paste the entire thing into an excel spreadsheet. Make an effort yourself before wasting the devs time to do something you can already do and few people want.

Yeah, I have to agree with this.

As a leader of two fleets myself, I don't think there is any need for a feature like this.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy