Install Arc
Options

Exchange Conundrum

2»

Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You don't want to buy that off the exchange. It's a consumable and only lasts for 15 minutes, and you don't want to buy the "Common Sense" trait that's sold on the C-Store cuz that can only be used on a single character. What you want to do is buy the "Common Sense" that's being sold on the website as part of the Delta Rising pack because that one is an account wide unlock. ;)

indeed, it's not much use either...... they nerfed it, too, because it was OP.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fediii wrote: »
    Can the powers that be please explain why the exchange isn't policed?
    Our credit allowance is caped at 10,000,000 & yet some people post items for sale above that price. Obviously they will never sell an item at such a price, so are they really that stupid?

Its a wonder youve not been drawn and quartered yet

The exchange is player ran thus hyper inflation run rampant as to many greedy people and to little common sense.

But anyways ive got the feeling your a new player so you do need to get the EC removal thing from the c-store for 500 zen then your cap is 1 billion.

If your going to play this game you will find your going to need that one thing above anything else if you hope to use the exchange for more then window shopping.

But dont feel overwhelmed by the exchnage and understand the prices are set by the players and if there was some sort of limit for prices or policing it would kill the ingame economy.

Ask any player if they are willing to price something for 5m that they are currentley charging 500M for and your going to get flamed fast.

My best advice is to get the 10m mil cap removal then learn how to make EC such as grinding out space gear and selling to the vendors.

Buying then selling master keys and fleet modules but you can grind dilithium to buy the zen to buy the keys to sell on the exchnage at 2 Million plus.

Once you get down how to make money it wont take long before you make a nice little fortune and stuff like 10M will seem very cheap.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    there have been a lot of comments telling you to buy the ec cap increase to 1bn an that is good advise but to answer your question - why cryptic dont police the exchange - the exchange is a free market just like say ebay(buy it now) for example you can list what you are selling for any ec price you like, whether you item will sell for that price is entirely up to the buyers.
    as long as buyers are willing to pay a high price for an item the price will remain high, only when an item becomes less desirable or rare and the buyers are not willing to pay that price will you see the price fall.
    its simple economics, supply and demand.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    funny how the op hasnt returned yet to stand on that pressure sensor he/she setup in the first place.

is there any further point keeping this thread open?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    funny how the op hasnt returned yet to stand on that pressure sensor he/she setup in the first place.

is there a reason to lock it?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Why would they police that? You can buy an ec cap increase to raise your cap. As such,some people will pay that much for certain items, because they are not constrainted by the 10milll ec cap.

Most of my [CtrD]x3 weps costs over 10 mil each. :) Or SRO boffs, etc. Or lockbox ships that I spent several hundred million EC on. They best not police that. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Everyone has now said all they can possibly say to the effect that the op is an uninformed ignorant idiot. He's never coming back to admit that. Who would want to stand before all this mockery and say mea culpa?
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

is there a reason to lock it?

Well it has run its course... lock no reason no... we should just let it die. I know I posted to. lmao

Really though OP. Its ok man we where all new once. If not here then in some other game.

Like you have already heard Save up some D to convert to 500zen... I know 22 days are painful if you are new and only have one toon. To be honest. Just buy the zen, if you haven't given Cryptic any other actual $, 500 zen for the EC cap isn't so bad.

In many MMOs the exchange is restricted far more for Free players. A one time fairly inexpensive unlock for full access is one of the better comparisons to the general game industry that Cryptic has going for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.